• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intel

OMG amazon.co.jp now allowing international shipping for video games.
I will say good bye with play-asia.

Dsyndrome

Do we know if From is gonna nerf the fuck out of Faith builds from the get-go in DS3? I want to know if I can get my disappointment out of the way early.

yuraya

I don't mean tie-in. I mean more like what EA did with Battlefront. Release it in Nov and when the movie comes out in Dec the hype helped push sales. Its kinda odd Ubi released like 10 of those games in the past 8 years but somehow decide not to do it when at a time when there is a movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did some AssCreed collection for the fall release or somethin. There was some rumor of it iirc.

I don't mean tie-in. I mean more like what EA did with Battlefront. Release it in Nov and when the movie comes out in Dec the hype helped push sales. Its kinda odd Ubi released like 10 of those games in the past 8 years but somehow decide not to do it when at a time when there is a movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did some AssCreed collection for the fall release or somethin. There was some rumor of it iirc.

Oh, I see.

Their release strategy is probably weighted more on continuing the franchise's success, rather than making a little bank from a movie-related bump. After all, AC has had... a rocky history these last few years; I imagine they're trying to rebuild the good faith in the franchise as a priority.

zkylon

zkylewd
a bit tired of listening to the same bands over and over i've started listening to game osts on youtube while working

for all the shit i've given mass effect 3, that game had a great soundtrack at times

any recommendations?

so far i've done mostly undertale, ori, mass effect 3, hotline miami 1 and 2, crypt of the necrodancer and always sometimes monsters

Uzzy

Mass Effect 1 has a great soundtrack. Metal Gear Rising: Revengence is also pretty special. Transistor has a phenomenal soundtrack and is available in FLAC for added excellence.

Xanathus

a bit tired of listening to the same bands over and over i've started listening to game osts on youtube while working

for all the shit i've given mass effect 3, that game had a great soundtrack at times

any recommendations?

so far i've done mostly undertale, ori, mass effect 3, hotline miami 1 and 2, crypt of the necrodancer and always sometimes monsters

You should check out this youtuber, his channel has excellent high quality game rips
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUWqr4gShUpMjdG9T99j-PQ/videos

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some extra stuff in case anyone wants it

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Chip -- MB-5134EBBBDEAA4101
Flashout 2 -- MB-521338530B3EB99A - Taken by SSPssp
Procyon -- MB-F3BA4F45DB1F4AD9 - Taken by chronomac
Loot Hero DX -- MB-783412D5BE9C78A9 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
NaissanceE -- MB-993227D2C63AFA47 - Taken by tuxfool

Anno

Transistor and Bastion both are in my OST rotation. Also have good chunks of Skyrim and Witcher 2/3 for something different than the otherwise electronic-heavy songs. You already have Ori, though, so it's all downhill to some degree.

kagamin

I've maxed INT before in DS2 after using a soul vessel when I started mucking around with the Moonlight Greatsword.

Min maxing is a little different than maxing out a stat...

Min-Maxing. The practice of playing a role-playing game, wargame or video game with the intent of creating the "best" character by means of minimizing undesired or unimportant traits and maximizing desired ones.

Buraindo

Is Steam GAF going STR or DEX in Souls 3?

I generally make a strength character and carry around a huge stick.

In Dark Souls 1, there was this huge wooden club you could get off the big slobs in Blight town, it actually was one of the highest damage weapons in the game due to nice strength scaling and had a perfect sweep that would catch people rolling in PVP. In Dark Souls II I had a sweet giant anvil.

Probably a quality build. I don't care much for spell casting and I like having options when it comes to weaponry.

Mass Effect 1 has a great soundtrack. Metal Gear Rising: Revengence is also pretty special. Transistor has a phenomenal soundtrack and is available in FLAC for added excellence.

I'll second MGR.
While the Transistor soundtrack is okay, it falls short of the glory that was the Bastion OST.

Please, Don't Touch Anything had a good soundtrack, I thought.
PAYDAY 2 also has some good stuff if you're into the kind of music they usually use.
The same can be said of Killing Floor 2.

Min maxing is a little different than maxing out a stat...

My mistake. I didn't think we were talking about soft caps/hard caps and the like, obviously. I can't say I've ever done that... I usually pick a class that has starting stats jacked up in the categories I know I'll use and then adapt from there... can't say I've ever followed a "guide" to min-max build though.

Uzzy

YOwjAgGh.jpg

Garrett Hawke doing gods work.

Yakkue

Dyscourse is a really fun choose your own adventure-type of game. You wake up after a plane crash on a remote island, meet other survivors and try to survive. After playing through a scenario once, you can rewind the days to try out different choices.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I remember when I used to finish games. Fun times :(

I know the feeling, this year's been rough for me. I've only finished 8 games so far this year, so I'm well behind the 52 games / year challenge for the first time in the three years I've been doing it. I've just started way too many "long" games.

I remember when I used to finish games. Fun times :(

come, join me in rarely playing games that actually came out in the last 12 months and travel through gaming time to a backlog that once wasn't so large.

Currently playing Stealth Inc 2 (wish it didn't have a hub world!) and God of War Ascension (wish i gave a shit for the story but it's just a AAA prequel so who cares!). It's always 2013 when you're grinding these games out

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

KRUM - Edge of Darkness -- MB-44AC792A9CE1979A - Taken by SSPssp
The Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-D7B9434B4D74D6CE - Taken by UnderWaterTree
Muffin Knight -- MB-35EFE4CFFD9A6F21 - Taken by Miniboss
Deadlings: Rotten Edition -- MB-64C8846DF74BC655 - Taken by alr1ght
Miracle Fly -- MB-766A6DC74CA01547 - Taken by kagamin
Wanderlust Rebirth -- MB-896F05301B238610 - Taken by neonglow
Cubicle Quest -- MB-DB57F9947D08AA53 - Taken by Belgarion
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-AF703C508F569DE4 - Taken by Deques
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-1174FFB9F1321FDC - Taken by 3bdelillah
Alice's Mom's Rescue -- MB-6D7839A0F7E4E1EC - Taken by rainking187
Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-DAC8D8F2D93BFEA8 - Taken by theMrCravens
Endorlight -- MB-283C34648CE5AB62 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Steel Rain -- MB-262F33EF2FCD400C - Taken by D3RANG3D
Hordelicious -- MB-CA0EF1610F2954BB - Taken by Hektor
Into the Void -- MB-92823621B50F8565 - Taken by madjoki
Way to Go! -- MB-4311BD56C8486519 - Taken by ussjtrunks
The Deer God -- MB-8D6EAB432A5817FE - Taken by bkw
Lightrise -- MB-4968098D54E4DF56 - Taken by Purkake4
Shattered Planet -- MB-A204BBF2EE2F6542 - Taken by fuzzy123
Goodnight Butcher -- MB-49AE36B5A48F3E2C - Taken by crazyrabbits

take em

any recommendations?

I listen to LIMBO, Minecraft, Journey, and Monument Valley OSTs a lot while working. Mostly ambient stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
thanks for all the suggestions, right now doing the ass creed 2 ost but i'm adding a bunch of these to my playlist

Parsnip

If you're toiling away over the minutiae of stats and min maxing the first time through a Souls game you haven't played yet then you've probably going to overlook lots of things about the game. Just play it, have fun and find weapon types or spells that suit your playstyle first. Maybe dick around enough to get a grasp on what you like and don't like and either knock out a playthorugh or start again with a goal in mind. But planing a build before even knowing the games systems and weapons/spells/items? Seems a trifle odd to me.

I mean the thing is that I know what type of weapons I like, and that automatically directs my build. Historically those weapons have usually been C scaling on both dex and str, and I don't expect that to change.
So while I'm not planning a build as such, I'm fairly sure that's the direction it will go.

The good news is that usually the games haven't given me access to those weapons immediately, so more often than not the first 10 hours or so is exactly that, dicking around with various things.

any recommendations?

You should google "game music radio".

Dyscourse has such an oddly sinister air around it. Like a dark secret it's trying to keep from the kids or something.

I think it's the subject matter as much as the art style that gives me this impression. (Haven't actually played it, just saw GB's Quick Look.)
Has anyone tried Shardlight, yet?

Shardlight's OT seems positive. Dave Gilbert himself has popped in a few times.

I'm super interested in it, since their adventure games are my favourite point & clickers, but can't really spare the time for it right now; SDV has its claws all over me.

Parsnip

i don't like the shuffle types and i want the curated shortlist that steamgaf can give me

Oh, well then, here are a few good soundtracks.

SpaceChem, Terranigma, Ghost Trick, Guacamelee, Unlimited Saga, Vagrant Story, Breath of Fire 5, Shatter, Braid, Albert Odyssey Gaiden: Legend of Eldean, Deus Ex HR, Age of Empires 3, Halo Wars, Alundra 1, Beyond Good & Evil, CV: Symphony of the Night, Persona 3 and 4, FF12, Front Mission 3, FTL, Hitman 2 3 and Blood Money, Lost Odyssey, Okami, Parasite Eve, Secret of Mana, Shadow of the Colossus, Shadow Hearts 1, Wild Arms 3, Zwei!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ3khsva6E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6xMvGbwT7I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTdcJWDNsao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gadC_dAUt3o

SSPssp

The 15 day hold is in effect for me now, before it was just saying that it would be held but still selling immediately anyways.

Also, is everyone else also needing to do e-mail confirmations of every transaction? This is the real killer here. So annoying. Guess they wanted to kill card-selling deader than dead.

madjoki

I meantime Valve forgot to add confirmations for:

1) Crafting badge
2) Gemifying items
3) Crafting boosters
4) (Un)packing gems
5) Sending gifts
6) Deleting Dota 2/Dead Island Epidemic gifts
7) Buying games
8) Sending links on steam forums / chats

Valve needs to take security seriously and fix this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom