• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meantime Valve forgot to add confirmations for:

1) Crafting badge
2) Gemifying items
3) Crafting boosters
4) (Un)packing gems
5) Sending gifts
6) Deleting Dota 2/Dead Island Epidemic gifts
7) Buying games
8) Sending links on steam forums / chats

Valve needs to take security seriously and fix this now.

They got buying games covered, man.
If you have SteamGuard Mobile Auth enabled, it will prompt you for a code before it lets you make a purchase.

They got buying games covered, man.
If you have SteamGuard Mobile Auth enabled, it will prompt you for a code before it lets you make a purchase.

Wow, I didn't know that. I've already got it set up (after much hassle) but that totally blows. I've been hating the login confirmations this past week, but purchase confirmations suck too (not nearly as much as Market confirmations, though).

EDIT:

Only from website. Client purchases do not require it.

Well, that's slightly less sucky.

r3n4ud

Good fucking lord, what is valve doing with all this security shit. I think it's time for a restructure. Well, it's been time for awhile, but now is as a good a time as ever.

Only from website. Client purchases do not require it.

Yeah, that's true. It's a big reason I decided to grab the Please, Don't Touch Anything soundtrack via my client last night instead of the web browser I normally do everything in... still annoying that you have to relog in with a code to do web purchases... they should really let you do a "i use this browser all the time, stop asking for codes" checkbox.

Wow, I didn't know that. I've already got it set up (after much hassle) but that totally blows. I've been hating the login confirmations this past week, but purchase confirmations suck too (not nearly as much as Market confirmations, though).

EDIT:

Well, that's slightly less sucky.

Yeah, it's annoying.
The market listing confirmations are annoying too... but they're not super terrible if you have the Steam app on your phone... it takes a few seconds, but if you batch it up, you can do it quickly.

--

Oh look, Invisible Inc. is up for preorder on PS4. Wonder how long, if ever, after the 4/19 release that the controls/UI/whatever is patched back into the Steam version? Knowing Klei, it'll be a cold day in Hell, even after they promised it would be done.

--

In other news, apparently Salt & Sanctuary launches on PS4 on 3/15. Wonder what that means for a PC release date...

neonglow

If you use SteamGuard Mobile Auth, will you still keep getting logged out in the browser? It almost feels like I get logged out every couple pages on the Steam website especially when I'm looking at the maketplace or my inventory. Logging back in is a minor annoyance but if I have to enter a mobile code again and again, that would suck.

If you use SteamGuard Mobile Auth, will you still keep getting logged out in the browser? It almost feels like I get logged out every couple pages on the Steam website especially when I'm looking at the maketplace or my inventory. Logging back in is a minor annoyance but if I have to enter a mobile code again and again, that would suck.

Yeah you will. I seem to have to log in every few hours.

Lain

The 15 day hold is in effect for me now, before it was just saying that it would be held but still selling immediately anyways.

Also, is everyone else also needing to do e-mail confirmations of every transaction? This is the real killer here. So annoying. Guess they wanted to kill card-selling deader than dead.

Gonna suck (for me) for the big sales.

The 15 day hold is in effect for me now, before it was just saying that it would be held but still selling immediately anyways.

Also, is everyone else also needing to do e-mail confirmations of every transaction? This is the real killer here. So annoying. Guess they wanted to kill card-selling deader than dead.

Just imagine getting sale-cards and them not being able to go to the market until the sale ends and they all disappear. I will put Steam on my phone for that, I guess.

Having to confirm the sell of a 0.04€ trading card by email is awesome. Thanks gaben.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Didn't they make a huge stink about how secure SteamGuard was a few years ago. At least let us bulk list cards if you're going to have to autheticate everything one by one.

Valve will be a company ran by robots, placing security measures on every single click, before providing one living being of customer support.

$15 hitman from amazon
I kind of dont want it
Do I just sell it for $40

Sounds like you don't want to give away thru ModBot. Just sell it at the B/S/T thread so you can get some games you do want to play...like upcoming Nep Nep.

Anno

I somehow have a copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown sitting in my Steam inventory. Is there an easy way to raffle that off? If not would anyone even be interested in it as a gift?

SSPssp

Valve will be a company ran by robots, placing security measures on every single click, before providing one living being of customer support.

Yeah, its so ridiculous that they're doing all this nonsense instead of just fixing their customer support. Gotta love their flat structure!

Hektor

B7cDCnj.png

Today is my NeoGAF birthday! #NotBannedYet

I somehow have a copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown sitting in my Steam inventory. Is there an easy way to raffle that off? If not would anyone even be interested in it as a gift?

You can use ModBot. It's a lot easier to use than the amount of writing makes it look like.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858592

Anno

You can use ModBot. It's a lot easier to use than the amount of writing makes it look like.
[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858592[/url][/QUOTE]

[quote="Endruen, post: 198001707"]Just use [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858592"]ModBot[/URL].[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've used ModBot before, so I guess a follow-up question. How do I even get the redemption code when it's just sitting in my inventory? Or do I just ask for the winner to PM me to have it gifted?

Hektor

Yeah I've used ModBot before, so I guess a follow-up question. How do I even get the redemption code when it's just sitting in my inventory? Or do I just ask for the winner to PM me to have it gifted?

You need to email the gift to yourself, then you copy the redemption link provided in the email and cut the last part (=your email adress) out.

Volimar

100 cosmetic pieces isn't content? Ok? And wait until they fix the game first lol

but later DLC will include a new class, story-connected soldiers, weapons, armor and set piece missions

I meant other than cosmetics. More stuff to do interests me more than more customization. I'm not hating. I loved EU/EW and so far, barring some performace problems, I love XCOM 2 as well.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
if you refund to steam wallet if u go to the pending part it tells you how long before avaliable, normally 24 hours now.

there email said

this was regarding the division, i had put i wanted refund because i kept getting black screen on start up and couldnt do anything,

Hello Queen Of Helheim
Your purchase has been refunded by Steam.
We’ve issued the refund to your Steam wallet. The funds will be shown now as pending and will become available to spend within 7 days.

You’ve requested a significant number of refunds recently. Please keep in mind that refunds are not a method for trying out games. Due to the heavy amount of refunds recently we have chosen to put a block on your refunds for a month.

if you refund to steam wallet if u go to the pending part it tells you how long before avaliable, normally 24 hours now.

there email said

this was regarding the division, i had put i wanted refund because i kept getting black screen on start up and couldnt do anything,

How many is a significant amount if you don't mind me asking?

This won't matter to you now, but the solution to the black screen was to Alt-Enter and change the game to windowed mode and then go and choose your desired (full screen) resolution in the options. It's a bug where the game starts at some weird custom resolution that doesn't render properly on monitors.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
How many is a significant amount if you don't mind me asking?

since 2 weeks ago i have refunded, Far Cry primal (seemed ok at first but slowly turned into the usual ubi open world fuckery for me).

Dead Effect 2 early access ( yea i know early access etc but this seemed poor as hell and really couldnt play it) props to devs for trying and hope it becomes something but not for me.

Arslan Warriors of legend (it just didnt run well on my system i met the specs etc but just didnt seem fluid enough for me.

lastly the divsion due to the black screen issues, i listed each problsm when i refunded and i think they were geunine problems (may not for dead effect but still not what i call abuse )

This won't matter to you now, but the solution to the black screen was to Alt-Enter and change the game to windowed mode and then go and choose your desired (full screen) resolution in the options. It's a bug where the game starts at some weird custom resolution that doesn't render properly on monitors.

oh yea i saw that but i then started reading around and saw the game has alot of samey samey regarding quests with going here n there n vs hordes of mobs etc so i was like na

since 2 weeks ago i have refunded, Far Cry primal (seemed ok at first but slowly turned into the usual ubi open world fuckery for me).

Dead Effect 2 early access ( yea i know early access etc but this seemed poor as hell and really couldnt play it) props to devs for trying and hope it becomes something but not for me.

Arslan Warriors of legend (it just didnt run well on my system i met the specs etc but just didnt seem fluid enough for me.

lastly the divsion due to the black screen issues, i listed each problsm when i refunded and i think they were geunine problems (may not for dead effect but still not what i call abuse )

That doesn't seem like enough to warrant a month restriction, I think I've seen people refund more in less time and not get any restriction. Valve's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom