• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'd assume they don't read your refund reasons and she got autobanned because we all know Steam doesn't actually have anyone who works in a CS department.

steam "birthdays" and gaf "birthdays"

MFW people can't use the word "anniversary"

image.php

>account created
>created = birth

:p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
4 in two weeks is a lot in my opinion. I don't think I even buy that many games in most months.

id say its alot too sure but i think i gave legit reasons for atleast few of them but ofcourse they clearly dont read the reasons.

Soulflarz

Banned
Speaking of refunds, is there any hard and fast rules for Origin or uPlay with regards to refunds?

Origin
"Refund requests can be made within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game’s release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first. And if you purchase a new EA game within the first 30 days of its release date and can’t play it due to technical reasons within EA’s control, you can request a refund within 72 hours after you first launch the game instead of 24."

Uplay doesn't refund

K off to homework hell another hour, if I die, donate my stuff to someone with a dual 980TI rig to frustrate someone.

Eila

if you refund to steam wallet if u go to the pending part it tells you how long before avaliable, normally 24 hours now.

there email said

this was regarding the division, i had put i wanted refund because i kept getting black screen on start up and couldnt do anything,

Huh, did you get a warning beforehand? Because I did get an special email after refunding like 4 games just warning me in a "friendly" way that I had been refunding too much. I just haven't been buying as much so that probably went away.

Dr Dogg

The more I play of The Division the more similarities I see with console Ghost Recon (ie third person and GRAW onwards) but better. Definitely can feel Red Storms finger prints over it here and there.

Yeah I've used ModBot before, so I guess a follow-up question. How do I even get the redemption code when it's just sitting in my inventory? Or do I just ask for the winner to PM me to have it gifted?

Pretty sure if you read through the linked thread, there's an answer for this.

You need to email the gift to yourself, then you copy the redemption link provided in the email and cut the last part (=your email adress) out.

Or you could tell him.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121853350&postcount=5

Finally, you can of course give away games you bought on Steam for the express purpose of giving to people. This is a pretty simple process, but requires a little extra work compared to the other types of game gifts. GRIEF.EXE made a helpful tutorial which you can access here, but the short version involves buying the game as a gift on Steam, emailing the gift to yourself, and getting the redemption link from your email. In the future, I hope to expand ModBot to directly take gifts on Steam.

Anyway, good on Anno for being generous.

Volimar

The more I play of The Division the more similarities I see with console Ghost Recon (ie third person and GRAW onwards) but better. Definitely can feel Red Storms finger prints over it here and there.

That's a good thing. GRAW 2 was my favorite shooter for a long time.

I am sure Valve has some magic algorithm that takes into account all previous refunds and frequency and cost of the games, etc..

Those who have refunded have been secretly marked by Valve. For what nefarious purpose, I know not.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mengy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-ABC0C9C88CFD9A3F - Taken by Belgarion. 13 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 - Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack -- MB-D74E6D2CF3C53605

t1457579465z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've always wondered, how does that happen? Do you have a formal meeting sitting at a big round table, or can you ban anyone for anything on a whiff?

Yes

inset43.png

and no

Yo guys! I am going to be putting up a vid later but ASTROKILL is legit! It is one fine ass space combat game. Hard as hell right now, but damn are there some close calls! The audio is excellent as well. It's got that monotonous female voice issues out warnings. Really clinches that imminent danger feeling. "Max velocity reached."

Here's me blasting and barely dodging a mid-sized ship as it's about to explode

2KBgPkO.gif

And here's me docking/refueling like a gat damn champ:

hHn9J8k.gif
Looks nice. Cool.
FLB78HT.png

One small click for man, one giant milestone for exploration queue.

inm8num2

I thought the whole point of using the mobile authenticator was to ensure that any activity on a mobile guard-protected account was from a verified device. Ergo the mobile confirmations for each market listing seem redundant.

Red Hood

Banned
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mengy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-ABC0C9C88CFD9A3F - Taken by Belgarion. 13 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 - Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack -- MB-D74E6D2CF3C53605

t1457579465z1.png

I entered this giveaway for Battlefront II but in the meanwhile I've already catered for, is there a way to cancel my entry?

oh yea i saw that but i then started reading around and saw the game has alot of samey samey regarding quests with going here n there n vs hordes of mobs etc so i was like na

Yeah. At it's core the Division is a loot hunting game which means you endlessly kill enemies to get random loot drops. One either likes that kind of game or they don't. All about preference.

So, I folded and enabled the authenticator on my phone after making sure there's a way to disable it if something goes wrong. Then I listed a few cards on the market, for the equivalent of about 7 cents. And I have to authenticate each of those listings on the app. This is just ridiculous. What happened to the $3 limit below which market sales didn't require authorization? Come on Valve.

Also, if you're a Dota 2 fan, you have to check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENP2FRlsKc0. It's an absolutely incredible display of luck skill. Folks on reddit calculated that this had something like a 0.00006% chance of happening.

BTW, BattleTech is coming along very nicely.

A Quick Development Update!

Two months into 2016 and things are really picking up speed! Our gameplay prototype has evolved from a rough testing grounds to a fun, cohesive experience that has us all nodding and saying “Yes, this feels like BattleTech.” We’re up to 5-strong on the engineering team now, with architecture and gameplay efforts well underway. Tools and AI engineering efforts are just starting to spin-up, with a couple of key final hires rounding out the team (you’ll get to meet them in future “Behind the Curtain” updates.)

On the art side, we have a terrain-creation pipeline up and running for art and design to start working with that gives us a great balance between design features and really great-looking, naturalistic terrain. (I’m excited to show you guys later this year!) The story team has a complete first-draft of all major characters, locations, and story-beats for the game that we’re busy fleshing-out and iterating on. And the concept art team is right on the story team’s heels, with a good set of designs for major characters and environments already established.

One thing we’re all keenly aware of here is that this game is going to need a LOT of content created for it to fully deliver on the “open-ended” promise - so we definitely still have our work cut out for us, especially when the project transitions into our full Production phase this summer. That said - Jordan and I feel good about where we’re at so far in pre-production.

Introducing the Argo-Class DropShip

The Argo-class DropShip was an experiment in constructing a self-sufficient mobile base of operations for a flotilla of expeditionary ships. Built as a mid-point between a mobile DropShip and a mostly-immobile JumpShip, the Argo-class prioritizes sustainable long-term missions over everything else. Boeing Interstellar produced just two of these enormous ships, the Argo and the Myrmidon. The Argo was sent on its proving voyage to the Rimward Periphery in 2762.

The intended mission of the Argo was to follow behind the first wave of exploratory missions, supporting multiple surveyor, terraformer, and colonizer teams while they completed a deep survey of the system. To accomplish this mission, the Argo would stay in-system for six months at a time, while the JumpShip that carried it there would move on to other systems and other tasks. The Argo was a mobile space station, in a sense, providing supply and temporary habitation for teams on dangerous missions in unsettled space.

The Argo is too large to land on a planet, much like the similarly-sized Behemoth. The prototype multiple docking collar system allowed for smaller DropShips to attach to the Argo for resupply, cargo transfer, and personnel transfer; these docking collars allowed smaller ships to remain attached while the Argo linked with a JumpShip for jump transfer, or to break off and remain in-system while the Argo moved on ahead. The Argo was thus meant as a logistical hub for a small flotilla of DropShips, which would dock and undock with the ship as needed to complete their independent missions.

With 57,000 tons of cargo space, the Argo was able to carry supplies for multiple young colonies, arms and armaments for garrisons in need of resupply, colonists being moved to or evacuated from a colony, military hardware, and fuel for other ships. It lacks the armor or maneuverability to function in battle, and it is vastly outclassed in size and firepower by even the smallest WarShips, and it was this non-combat role that ultimately led to its abandonment; the Boeing factories on Galax were entirely repurposed for wartime, and there was simply no place for a peacetime exploration ship.

The Argo featured a unique folding grav-deck design, which allows the ship to remain habitable while in orbit around a planet or station-keeping near a jump point. The three habitation ‘pods’ lie flat against the ship’s central spine while under thrust; while the ship is stationary, the pods extend and the collar to which they’re attached rotates. This keeps the living quarters and medical facilities under gravity at all times, which makes the ship habitable for long tours of duty. The flight control area and command center are located deep inside the ship, near its spine, and are only under gravity during thrust. They’re serviced by fast passenger-sized lifts that run the length of the ship, allowing the crew to muster for duty in just minutes in an emergency.

I’m not going to dive into any story spoilers here, but suffice it to say that your Mercenary outfit will come into possession of this derelict Argo-class DropShip early on in the campaign.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, that's dumb. Trade restrictions started despite the fact that I have 2Factor "Mobile"/WinAuth to give me codes. Apparently, Steam doesn't count me using a non-Mobile phone option for their 2Factor as actually having 2Factor. :|

Emulate/VirtualBox Android and Boot up Steam there, says I have mobile authentication already and won't count that device.

*applause* Way to go, Gabe.

eyeless

would stardew valley run on a crappy laptop that plays sims 3 but at a not great framarate? wondering if my sister could run it.

Well getting sick of waiting for GMG so I guess I'll just trade in my copy of Bloodborne and a couple other things at Gamestop to get Steam credit for that sweet Souls 3 Deluxe edition.

I need my soundtrack.

would stardew valley run on a crappy laptop that plays sims 3 but at a not great framarate? wondering if my sister could run it.

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: 2 Ghz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 mb video memory, shader model 3.0+
DirectX: Version 10
Storage: 500 MB available space
aka it runs on everything under the sun.

Unless you're on Windows XP, I guess. Poor souls ahead.

But but.. Bloodborne is supposed to be robbed, not you.
You so silly

But really the trade in price is like $18-20 which is what I'd probably get in BST here but then I need to pack it, mail it, whatever...

I actually just saw that the value is $18.70 after GCU at Best Buy, so I'll just go there. I have a $5 credit too so here comes that sweet Steam wallet fund.

Just married Abigail in Stardew. Nobody treats me any differently, not even her parents. To Pierre, I'm still just a customer. You can't even give your own son-in-law a discount, you cheap bespectacled bastard? And YOU..."MOM"...did you develop any shred of personality now that your daughter's married to me? No? No wonder you're still only at three hearts with me.

ExoSoul

Banned
Just married Abigail in Stardew. Nobody treats me any differently, not even her parents. To Pierre, I'm still just a customer. You can't even give your own son-in-law a discount, you cheap bespectacled bastard? And YOU..."MOM"...did you develop any shred of personality now that your daughter's married to me? No? No wonder you're still only at three hearts with me.

You married the wrong person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom