• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

Sucks for all of you people who can't/won't use the mobile authenticator. Guess I'll just have to do my SteamGAF civic duty and offload those trading cards off your inventories :p

Kaleinc

Banned
There was some talk about it in the last week. Basically, they want you to install mobile authenticator. If you install, the holding period is going away.
I heard about authenticator but someone mentioned cards would stay @3 days. dis is unacceptable either way.

MUnited83

For you.

he then procees to snap it in half lol
WIN_20160306_234140.JPG.3f3c686e21b351bfdf969a1ea02662b5.JPG

If only the mobile app wasn't complete and utter shit. On Android at least, it's nearly impossible to browse the store because it just won't fucking work.

I don't bother using it on iOS.

Salsa

I like how he was all "lol yea I prob fuck it up well feel free to mock me!"

*gets mocked*

"UGH FUCK THIS IS THE RESULT *snap in half*"

Dr Dogg

Some of the cooler GPU mods (pun unintended, maybe) I've seen have been when some mad bastard has mounted a CPU cooler on a GPU. Does bring down temps quite a bit and because you can use larger fans can be quieter too. But massively impractical due to the space you need.

Corpekata

Banned
The page you initially posted has a "Please read this update" link on it.

https://hitman.com/news/hitman-new-year-update

Basically, Prologue and Paris in March, Italy in April, Morocco in May.

Thailand, US, Japan to follow but not specifically dated, sounds like they aim to end it in Japan at the end of the year and summer will have monthly updates but not neccessarily the new hubs.

Monthly updates appear to be the big updates but there will be weekly events as well.

Arthea

Sucks for all of you people who can't/won't use the mobile authenticator. Guess I'll just have to do my SteamGAF civic duty and offload those trading cards off your inventories :p

as mad as I am at valve for being an unreasonable bully, I'm no less disappointed with you people thinking that enforcing such measures is justified and a fine thing to do or even funny.

http://i.imgur.com/NRe4MIp.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

that's awesome, Salsa
I should have thought of that, instead I went with boring random chicken names.

Sunless Sea was just removed from my account due to an error of payment accord to Steam. This is strange as this was from a second key Humble Bundle sent me after they had informed me the original (not used) key was in error.

I'm quite confused.

Check the keys page for the bundle you got it in, there should be a replacement key for it. Humble sent out the wrong keys for some buyers so they deactivated the wrong ones and gave out replacements.

EDIT: A statement from Failbetter about the issue on Reddit.

Xanathus

as mad as I am at valve for being an unreasonable bully, I'm no less disappointed with you people thinking that enforcing such measures is justified and a fine thing to do or even funny.

Although I'm not severely affected by it because I already had set up Steam Guard long ago, I can see the justification in them implementing this measure because their situation otherwise would be to stop trading entirely. I imagine that they already have a ridiculous backlog of trading complaints and frankly this is the only automated way to solve it. However I believe that the current implementation of the system is bugged or broken because in their FAQ about it it says that the hold and confirmation should only apply to listings over USD 3.00 but it's apparently applying to everything.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1284-WTKB-4729

Ludens

Banned
Ahahah, so now you need to confirm via authenticator each card you want to sell. No words. This is crappy as hell.

Also:

Plan for 2016: A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the Studio

What does this mean? CDPR wants to do episodic games? Please no.

Bedlam is a neat game, if you grew up playing games like Quake and Medal of Honor, I guess.

It's an fps that takes you through a Quake-like, even aping capture the flag and domination multiplayer segments, a Medal of Honor-like, a Left 4 Dead-ish survival horror game, first person versions of Pac-Man and Galaga and what I guess is a Hexen/Enclave-like. It's pretty indie, meaning kinda amateur hour when it comes to sound design, voice overs (pretty thick Scottish-sounding brogue) and the gameplay is pretty basic. Bedlam never really apes the playstyles of the games it's taking you through, it feels like a pretty basic Quake-like shooter with some pretty brain dead A.I. That said it's kinda fun playing as a Gralak cyborg mowing down Nazi's with a mini-gun from the future or rocket jumping over hordes of zombies. The game is pretty basic but the spectacle of its mish-mashed themes sort of carried it for me thus far.

I've played it for roughly 2 hours and have nearly 70% of the achievements. I honestly don't mind it being short if it ends fairly soon. It's not going to overstay its welcome.

Ludens

Banned
Or Free to Play!

Please no no.

Anyway yesterday I did the Prologue of Bloddy Money on Professional, it was a tutorial so I can't judge the difficulty yet.

Another thing: as you know, Capcom is releasing RE3 ,4 and 6 on PS4, 20€ each. Apparently the price is the same for a digital or physical release. Am I the only one finding funny the same Capcom priced RE5 DLC 15€ on PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom