• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Wouldn't it be better to increase PPI instead of monitor size?
I mean, less need for AA, less noticeable dead/stuck pixels, more desk space...

Depends. Keeping the physical size of the monitor the same but increasing the resolution (and also increasing the pixel density at the same time) is fine with some applications but can be a pain with others. OS X is generally much better at handling it on an OS wide level but although Windows 10 has better DPI scaling it's still on an application, by application basis. And most of what I used day to day fucks up something horribly to the extent it's detrimental to accuracy.

Though if you want to have a monitor where you shouldn't be able to perceive individual pixels you'd probably need something in the region of 5120x2880 at 27ish" from a desk distance of about a foot. And even then that still on it's own isn't going to solve all the aliasing issues games themselves might have.

Arthea

none of those new giveaways are worth, not only games they give aren't usually good, the list of things to do is getting more and more ridiculous.

Thanks, frost. :p
Happy birthday Jazz!
I wanna have a birthday too :(
Wouldn't have guessed the elderly be so eager for yet another year marked down
:p
Chairmanchuck just bought a 980Ti recently... coincidence? I think not!
lttHRXy.gif
Waterboarding is torture. Now I feel it.
Don't know if this has been posted yet but they plan on locking DkS3 on PC at 30fps :/

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/banda...lan-is-to-keep-the-framerate-locked-at-30fps/
I don't believe it.
My monitor died yesterday. I guess it committed suicide after witnessing all my awful Rocket League games.

Decided to go with 2560x1440 on the new one. And holy cow, all that space.

ImyViTPh.jpg
Going from 768p > 1080p was revelatory. Getting a 1440 or even 4K monitor in the future will be great. Not gonna game at those resolutions but everything else should be awesome.

What we think of Hitman (Gamersyde)

On the plus side

+ The huge environment of the Paris mission
+ Lots of freedom
+ Gameplay can be tweaked to match your tastes
+ Lots of replay value
+ Hitman returns
+ Exploration is made easier and more realistic
+ Fun to play
+ Promising for future content
+ The disguise system works well
+ Steady 30 fps

On the down side

- Loading times are crazy on consoles
- Time to access menu is also awfully long
- Only one real level
- AI still not at its best
- Aiming and shooting still not the series' strongest suit
- Challenges are blocked if not connected to servers
- Online saved games don't work offline
- Unsteady 60 fps (more like 45, sometimes)
- There are still bugs and glitches

Gears 4 was a given from the moment they announced Gears Ultimate for PC. You don't put Gears 1 on PC again unless you're trying to build up a hunger for the next game.

It would've made less sense to not release gears 4, really

Why would you wish for such a great game to fail? I would like to see more Xbox exclusives on the PC, thank you very much.
folks don't trust MS. I can't blame them, really, given how GFWL went

Knurek

Why would you wish for such a great game to fail? I would like to see more Xbox exclusives on the PC, thank you very much.

I'm not wishing for any game to fail.
I'm wishing for WinStore to fail. Crash and burn. And then die, leaving the existing customers stranded again, exactly like GfWL customers were treated.
Nobody would trust MS with their gaming purchases ever again after that. Not in a million years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There's a distinction to make between hoping for a game to fail and hoping for a platform to fail. The "Universal Windows Platform" benefits nobody but Microsoft; universal apps are designed to restrict the extent to which users can interact with the software in question.

Microsoft releasing its Xbox exclusives on the PC is, by itself, a good thing; using that to aid in the construction of a walled garden that just so happens to be built into its flagship OS is not.

I'm wishing for WinStore to fail. Crash and burn. And then die, leaving the existing customers stranded again, exactly like GfWL customers were treated.
Nobody would trust MS with their gaming purchases ever again after that. Not in a million years.

My hope is that they improve the store greatly, I don't really have a problem with using Origin, Uplay or any of the other distribution platforms.

donny2112

I wish DF would redraw the backgrounds, instead of using HQ2x or whatever other blurring filter they used on them. :(

Since I've never played it, I'd have been fine if they just ported it to work on Steam to have it available. Actually redrawing everything to give it a cleaner look on higher resolutions would've been nice, though, yep.

Lain

You're kidding yourself. I mean, sure it would be cool if people would learn their lesson at some point but I don't see that happening.

Ludens

Banned
If I remove Steam authenticator now to enable it when I have something worthy to sell (like Batman TF2 items), is there any kind of cooldown? I mean, the market restriction is removed the moment I link my authenticator, or I need to wait X days and than I'm able to istantly sell items/cards without restrictions?
Because I almost idled all my cards now, and giving the permission each time I need to list one of them is crap and I got bored.

If I remove Steam authenticator now to enable it when I have something worthy to sell (like Batman TF2 items), is there any kind of cooldown? I mean, the market restriction is removed the moment I link my authenticator, or I need to wait X days and than I'm able to istantly sell items/cards without restrictions?
Because I almost idled all my cards now, and giving the permission each time I need to list one of them is crap and I got bored.

Apparently you need to have an authenticator enabled for 7 days before the restrictions are lifted.

dex3108

As far as i know even if you use mobile app more than 7 days you need to confirm every sale on market. But i can be wrong.

Rizzi

How long after their hobby grade version of 2016's Evolve flops will they announce the next Borderlands?

I give them till e3 with the exception being a Game Informer cover shortly before e3. Anyone wanna take bets?

Turns out we weren't developing Battleborn at all, we farmed that out to a different studio and used that money to develop Borderlands 3. Please be excited, and also Aliens Colonial Marines is totally a 10/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom