• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's officially out on steam now, so you guys should play Star Realms.

Asynchronous online play, steam or android/ios.

Fast paced competitive deckbuilding game, so you use trade cards to buy better cards, and attack power cards to damage your opponents (and their bases) loosely MtG style.

I usually have at least two concurrent games running and just take turns when convenient. Good times.

My in game name is same as my name here if you want to send a challenge.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Awesome, I hadn't seen that it finally released. I love the physical game and played through the campaign mode on Android. I should give this a shot.

EDIT: I wonder if I have to buy the "full version" again on Steam. Guess I'll find out.

Volimar

Asynchronous online play, steam or android/ios.

Fast paced competitive deckbuilding game, so you use trade cards to buy better cards, and attack power cards to damage your opponents (and their bases) loosely MtG style.

I usually have at least two concurrent games running and just take turns when convenient. Good times.

My in game name is same as my name here if you want to send a challenge.

Looks interesting. I'll give it a shot.

Awesome, I hadn't seen that it finally released. I love the physical game and played through the campaign mode on Android. I should give this a shot.

EDIT: I wonder if I have to buy the "full version" again on Steam. Guess I'll find out.

I played some campaign and then had to skip to online play. Campaign does seem challenging even though hard ai matches arent. Unfortunately campaign progress is the one thing that doesn't transfer.

I probably should have pointed out that if you buy base game or expansions on one platform, you get them on all.

fenners

Nope! Star realm Purchases should be cross-platform apparently, according to their blog/site:

Purchase the Full Version, create an account and you will be able to purchase any of the other expansions as well.
A single purchase unlocks the expansion on all platforms you play. Just use the Restore Purchases function on your other devices after a purchase.
Get on Steam now!

Need to download & give it a go myself.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Pinball was the beginning of the end of Steam.

Everything can be traced back to the moment they let them on the store.

Ozium

this is the only possible explanation!

stop being mean to pinball!

pinball fx 2 is fucking garbage, why does nudging not do anything? Why when I try to actually nudge the table to affect the ball does it tilt? Why do the games go on forever? Why can't I live catch balls or do post transfers?

Zen is fucking shit

their existence is an insult to pinball, and you tell me to stop being mean to pinball?

Uraizen

Banned
This is limited to US and Canadian eBay accounts, but you can get a $100 Steam gift card for $80.

First add this to your cart, then at checkout enter CMADNESS10 for $20 off. The discount expires at 7PM Pacific, about 5 hours from now. They will ship you the physical card.

Dang, tried to order two $100 and it still only took off $20. Tried to make a separate order and got an error. Ah well, still an excellent deal, thanks duder.

Lomax

pinball fx 2 is fucking garbage, why does nudging not do anything? Why when I try to actually nudge the table to affect the ball does it tilt? Why do the games go on forever? Why can't I live catch balls or do post transfers?

Zen is fucking shit

their existence is an insult to pinball, and you tell me to stop being mean to pinball?

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or stupidity, so I'm gonna assume both.

SSPssp

Dang, tried to order two $100 and it still only took off $20. Tried to make a separate order and got an error. Ah well, still an excellent deal, thanks duder.

You can only use it once per account. Some on slickdeals have said you can use it again with a different paypal account if you have one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also jumping on the Stardew bandwagon, although I probably won't start it for another few weeks. From everything I've heard and read, it's worth the $15.

nX5t5hD.png

Ozium

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or stupidity, so I'm gonna assume both.

what exactly did I say that you think I'm being stupid or sarcastic about? I know having an actual dialogue is harder than just drive-by insults, but please try to exercise your brain cells a bit

Knurek

Done with Danganronpa.
30 hours.
Could quite possibly spend another ten or so, farming achievements.
Don't care much. Story was all I wanted from the game.
It's great, people. Get it.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Zen is fucking shit

because it's video game/casual (I hate that word) pinball and not a simulation like Pinball Arcade?

I mean I think PA is waaay better than FX, but FX is still good fun imo...

And I thought your hatred was against pinball in general, I feel better now that it is only FX :)

Lomax

what exactly did I say that you think I'm being stupid or sarcastic about? I know having an actual dialogue is harder than just drive-by insults, but please try to exercise your brain cells a bit

Considering you started off with useless posts about how bad the bundle was, you don't have much to say about actual dialogue. You may not like the game because you're a pinball purest or whatever, but you're well aware most people do. So your posts are just as trollish as someone saying a bundle is trash because it's amine games.

sprinkles

Done with Danganronpa.
30 hours.
Could quite possibly spend another ten or so, farming achievements.
Don't care much. Story was all I wanted from the game.
It's great, people. Get it.
I tried to get into the Vita version twice but the story early on did nothing for me so I never came back to it.

Ozium

because it's video game/casual (I hate that word) pinball and not a simulation like Pinball Arcade?

I mean I think PA is waaay better than FX, but FX is still good fun imo...

And I thought your hatred was against pinball in general, I feel better now that it is only FX :)

You know I don't hate pinball in general, I love pinball, which is why I hate FX2..

Considering you started off with useless posts about how bad the bundle was, you don't have much to say about actual dialogue. You may not like the game because you're a pinball purest or whatever, but you're well aware most people do. So your posts are just as trollish as someone saying a bundle is trash because it's amine games.

I stated the reasons why I find the game to be crap, and you said my reasons were stupid or sarcastic.. You've yet to elucidate why you think the opinions I stated are either stupid or sarcastic. Someone having a different opinion than you is not trolling.

dex3108

Oh look plant that can kill you I wonder where it grows? Why did I even ask of course it grows in Jase land.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides

On more Steam related things The Division is holding up nicely on Steam. Since release it peaks at mid 80K concurrent players every day.

Also Everybody's Gone to the Rapture didn't receive update for 2 weeks now and I don't know if that is good or bad thing. Maybe they are don with porting and they are waiting for Sony contact to expire or they abandoned game.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
You know I don't hate pinball in general, I love pinball, which is why I hate FX2..

ups, right, totally forgot that we talked about that...

do you remember that I said I haven't played a real table in years cause there are just no pins in the area I live?

guess what I found in the youth center of my small little 10k people town

how crazy is that... and nobody told me :p

and it's crazy cheap too, like 12 games for 2€

Dsyndrome

With the new XCOM 2 patch, I can't get anywhere north of 50FPS with the same settings I had before the patch, usually around 30-40; was getting upwards of 60FPS. Glad they fixed their issues, but damn man.

emptyroom

Neo Member
There's a bar where I live that has a pinball and perogie house and Sunday night all the tables are free, so much fun. But if I'm playing pinball on my phone or computer it's zen. Still need to check out rollers of the realm though.

With the new XCOM 2 patch, I can't get anywhere north of 50FPS with the same settings I had before the patch, usually around 30-40; was getting upwards of 60FPS. Glad they fixed their issues, but damn man.

breh they had to get out those 100 DLC cosmetics before the deadline

come on breh how do you expect Jake Solomon to buy a wine cooler for his jacuzzi

Lomax

I stated the reasons why I find the game to be crap, and you said my reasons were stupid or sarcastic.. You've yet to elucidate why you think the opinions I stated are either stupid or sarcastic. Someone having a different opinion than you is not trolling.

No, the trolling was the constant bashing on the bundle, and on a game you don't like. It isn't real pinball, no shit. Guess what? Real pinball is designed to steal your quarters. Just because you like that aspect of it, doesn't make it better design. And your pinball game is there, go play Pinball Arcade and have fun with it. No one is telling you not to. Or go play real pinball machines, that's fine. But all your complaints basically boil down to "this isn't hard enough because it doesn't randomly steal my quarters." Or worse yet that advanced techniques aren't necessary. Well, guess what? That's the point. Zelda isn't a bad game because it doesn't have Dark Souls combat.

Games "go on forever" because the point is to get the chance to actually try to do those modes and get score, which, surprising as it may be to you, is still quite challenging, and *gasp* fun. Those modes of course exist on real pinball tables, but hardly anyone ever experiences them. Because again, they were designed to steal your quarters. You're more than entitled to prefer real pinball, and Pinball Arcade. Just like people are entitled to feel like turn based RPGs are tedious and boring. Opinions and all that. But acting superior, and trashing something for no good reason that you know plenty of people like, is trolling. You're not new here.

Fake edit: Oh and the sarcasm comment was because your first complaint was that nudges didn't do anything, when one of the biggest complaints about FX2 (to the point that it was nerfed) was that nudges and bang backs were too powerful and easy to do.

Ozium

ups, right, totally forgot that we talked about that...

do you remember that I said I haven't played a real table in years cause there are just no pins in the area I live?

guess what I found in the youth center of my small little 10k people town

how crazy is that... and nobody told me :p

and it's crazy cheap too, like 12 games for 2€

nice, and it's a good table too, steve ritchie is one of my fav designers

check out https://pinside.com/pinball/map for a worldwide map of pinball locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom