• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Package contains:
Lords of the Fallen

Price of individual products: £29.99
Your cost: £34.99

giphy.gif

Aliens.jpg

Ozium

No, the trolling was the constant bashing on the bundle,
one post = constant.. ok?

and on a game you don't like. It isn't real pinball, no shit. Guess what? Real pinball is designed to steal your quarters. Just because you like that aspect of it, doesn't make it better design.

No. Real pinball is designed to reward skillful play, if you are better you will play longer. If you suck at the table you will lose your ball. If you are good enough you will score high, get extra balls and also win replays (free games) which extend the playtime for your money.

Also just because you don't like that aspect of it, doesn't make it the lack of it better design.

And your pinball game is there, go play Pinball Arcade and have fun with it. No one is telling you not to. Or go play real pinball machines, that's fine.
But all your complaints basically boil down to "this isn't hard enough because it doesn't randomly steal my quarters." Or worse yet that advanced techniques aren't necessary. Well, guess what? That's the point. Zelda isn't a bad game because it doesn't have Dark Souls combat.

Those "advanced techniques" are just a part of how Pinball is played since the time of its invention. It is inherent to pinball.

Tellaerin

I have Steam credit.

I'm eyeing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (and the DLC) while it's still on sale.

Should I pull the trigger, or would that $9ish be better spent elsewhere?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why does Veggie keep fading away? did he go back in time and his mother tried to sex him up or something?

impact

Banned
refunded Stardew Valley but these weekend sales are slacking hard so I gotta be tempted to not open cases with the funds

Transformers really needs to go on sale man, I feel like it never does

MUnited83

For you.
Shame that Alkaline's Gun seems like hot trash, was hoping they'd managed to improve on Death to Spies over the years.
Its pretty bad. They removed the good thing the series had over Hitman, and just did a crappy Blood Money instead( with none of the design or freedom of it). Coupled with very bad AI and many glitches... I wouldn't recommend this, not until it gets a few patches and very deep sales. At least it runs pretty well on PC.

Lomax

No. Real pinball is designed to reward skillful play, if you are better you will play longer. If you suck at the table you will lose your ball. If you are good enough you will score high, get extra balls and also win replays (free games) which extend the playtime for your money.

Also just because you don't like that aspect of it, doesn't make it the lack of it better design.

Those "advanced techniques" are just a part of how Pinball is played since the time of its invention. It is inherent to pinball.

"Also just because you don't like that aspect of it, doesn't make it the presence of it better design." It goes both ways. I'd contend that when you're saying part of the skill is in getting free games, that means your existing game and score ended. And since no quarters are involved, that is worthless on a computer game. Which for a computer game is bad design. And don't pretend like real arcade pinball wasn't designed to steal quarters. Yes, extremely conservative play mitigates that somewhat. But it's still inherent to the design. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be so easy to remove.

FX2 isn't trying to be real pinball. It's inspired by real pinball, and plays similarly. My skill at real pinball has improved from playing FX2. But you can't turn into a spaceship and shoot things in real pinball either. And while bitching when the bundle started and bitching when the bundle ended and then arguing against people who disagreed may not be constant, even one post like that was trolling. Or at very least completely useless and worthlessly hostile.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Is there any reason why I shouldn't just sell any steam cards that I get? How long do they usually take to sell?

Hell, I need the vinyl for 2 :(

You can find it from third-party sellers, but it'll be pretty expensive. iam8bit recently found a box of them in their warehouse and put them up for sale and they sold out pretty much instantly. Fortunately I was able to get mine when it first came out. It's a great soundtrack. Hopefully you can get one eventually at a reasonable price.

Just beat SuperHot in around 2 hours. It was... interesting I guess? Felt more like a puzzle game than an actual shooter.
I guess the real meat of the game might be the endless and challenge mode, but the general gameplay hasn't really gripped me enough to actually want to play those.
To be honest I'm not even sure it was worth the money I spent buying it from Nuuvem.

Red Hood

Banned
Just finished Sprinter in three not-so-long sits, about four hours total. Simple, sweet and calm on the outside, but tough as nails on the inside. Especially the Golden Times got me a little frustrated now and then, a rage quit here and there, but it's pretty addictive so I always got back to it quickly. Great soundtrack as well.

There are a million worse ways to spend 8 bucks. It's a good game, I recommend it.

So I guess now that they've killed the weekly bundle there's no chance that the flash bundle will ever be coming back from vacation or wherever the hell they said it went.

I really wish stealth inc 2 didn't have a metroidvania hub world thing happening. I get it, they wanted to mix things up, but I would much rather just have a list of stages and go at it instead of having to travel and get lost in a map because of how the game is laid out.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Goosebumps: The Game -- MB-5EEBF7103CB3F602 - Taken by septicore
Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness -- MB-33E82C5554E6FB94 - Taken by yoshizzle

Uraizen

Banned
You can only use it once per account. Some on slickdeals have said you can use it again with a different paypal account if you have one.

I figured the first part out via trial and error. I'm not going to bother making another paypal account for it. I would just ask one of these fine people to help me out.

SSPssp

I figured the first part out via trial and error. I'm not going to bother making another paypal account for it. I would just ask one of these fine people to help me out.

There's another code that I just saw on SD that's CMADNESS20. So you can get the discount twice.

Can not wait for weekend to go back to Stardew Valley.

why does Veggie keep fading away? did he go back in time and his mother tried to sex him up or something?

I was reading that last page, saw his avatar and told to myself I'm really tired because I'm seeing things blurred, turns out it was just his avatar.

Wondering if I should get Souls 3 or the Deluxe edition. On one hand, season pass, but on the other... I hear incredible things about Souls 2 and its season pass.

I'll probably buy Scholar in between Souls 3 and its DLC so that I still have more to play.

Wondering if I should get Souls 3 or the Deluxe edition. On one hand, season pass, but on the other... I hear incredible things about Souls 2 and its season pass.

I'll probably buy Scholar in between Souls 3 and its DLC so that I still have more to play.
Can't you buy the season pass later when additional content is announced? I know it's what I'm going to do, buying them separately is barely more expensive than buying them together.

Depends on how you play, honestly.

Personally, I couldn't be bothered with the deluxe because, as I learned with Dark Souls 2, I do not go back to a souls game a month or two after I get it and want to explore a new area. I find that I'd rather they be integrated into a full playthrough... and by the time the DLC releases, I will have moved on after getting 100% and will be playing other things. With Dark Souls 2, I managed to get the SP from the Russian Bear... but when the DLCs dropped, I had no interest in playing them one at a time and then waiting for the next one after banking 160h.

When the game re-released in 2015 with all DLC integrated and remixed/increased enemies and items... then I had interest in restarting with a new character and doing it all over again. I fully expect the same thing to be applicable for my experience with DS3 (hence the regular version for now).

The DS and DS2 DLC content was all very well done though, so yeah, the quality has been there in the past (the Bloodborne DLC content was fantastic too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom