• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-D7B362AA5E800F36 - Taken by M.D
Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-490525967CD42355 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Talisman: Digital Edition Frostmarch Expansion -- MB-C1946ED499FFA770 - Taken by ExoSoul
Costume Quest -- MB-FC4D7CEB19EF380B - Taken by voodooray
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-10AECADB9C7EA015 - Taken by Ventara
Mercenary Kings -- MB-12B0EA200208FE71 - Taken by Nikkuthulu
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-6A596B04393F8EAF - Taken by Darth Kupi
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-94C2C98FB186BD98 - Taken by Sammichu
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-D8494D7E5EB698B6 - Taken by redlacs

Anteater

oh man that kotor 2 game would be cool cause i don't have it, i mean kotor 1

let me apply for it

oh man it's goneeee

yes i'm 40 minutes late

where do i go after beating this guy with long legs in the first forest anyway in darksouls 2

Alrighty off to Gamestop, gimme that $200 for Souls 3 and Stardew.

Being between paychecks sucks balls, haven't been paid since the 26th.

edit: That TMNT game, can I ship that to the US?

edit2: Anybody know of any Steam Wallet deals right now? Preferably $20 or $50 denominations.

Grief.exe

Alrighty off to Gamestop, gimme that $200 for Souls 3 and Stardew.

Being between paychecks sucks balls, haven't been paid since the 26th.

edit: That TMNT game, can I ship that to the US?

I actually had The Super Inframan help me with Platinum's European Transformers release, which was also $20 physical.

The only problem was it released a month after the game came out, but I still haven't played it so the issue was a wash for me.

fantomena

30 days until DS3 and 43 days until GoT. April looking gooooooooood.

I really want the season pass, but I will try hard to follow my DLC policy "don't buy shit until you know what it is and if it's good story content".

Yes, I do know that Fromsofts Souls DLC has been very good, but I will still follow my own rules.

oh man that kotor 2 game would be cool cause i don't have it, i mean kotor 1

let me apply for it

oh man it's goneeee

yes i'm 40 minutes late

where do i go after beating this guy with long legs in the first forest anyway in darksouls 2

You can use the key he gave you
(it's pretty close to where you fought him)
Or you can just go wherever really. DS2 is pretty open.

Anteater

i can't move my camera in dark souls 2 with a controller

but i can with a mouse

wtf is this shit

omg it just keeps aiming downwards

i'll just play something else

edit: i fixed them, i slammed my input devices into the ground

Tempted by GRID Autosport, and I want the DLC with it, safe to assume I don't need the season pass, just all the DLC ? For some reason the season pass is full price.

Saty

OK, Hitman throws you to the main menu if you lose connection to the servers mid-mission so you'll need to start it all over game. Now, what happens if you start a mission disconnected from the servers (offline save) and mid-mission the connection is regained to the servers?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't know what this is but Steam said I already have it.

I gather the key is hidden within the quote? GAF doesn't support embedded quoting -- i.e. anything wrapped in the quote tag is cut out when the post is quoted, which, in your case, means people can't see the key.

Corpekata

Banned
OK, Hitman throws you to the main menu if you lose connection to the servers mid-mission so you'll need to start it all over game. Now, what happens if you start a mission disconnected from the servers (offline save) and mid-mission the connection is regained to the servers?

You don't need to start it again, just choose load game, it autosaves often, or create a manual save every once in a while.

Reconnecting while offline won't matter really since the save slot is different.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
GAF taking the shitter. RIP GAF.
For real. This rivals Tuesday maintenance in its annoyance.

You know who else is in the shitter?
your waifu
90.gif

Corpekata

Banned
Played Blood Alloy Reborn.

Really fun central mechanics but it's just incredibly barebones content wise. 3 levels, and they're really just 3 high score arenas. Has that weird mobile-esque "here's 3 goals to accomplish for extra points" setup too that feels out of place.

A shame, I wanted their KS to succeed and an actual level based game or metroidvania with the mechanics would be a lot of fun. Feels more like a prototype or demo than a full game.

Scythian

I'm in a strange mood for Dark Souls or something similar action-y and with nice progression and visuals. I've played the first 5 hours of Dark Souls so much I'm kinda tired of it.
Alien Isolation is way too long. And the pacing is way too off.

Phinor

You know Direct 2 Drive is a great site when they list two games that are already out in their prominent Coming Soon section.

I found it amazing that searching "Warhammer" gave 0 results, at least in the EU store. That has to be some kind of record considering the amount of Warhammer games out there.

Dr Dogg

Searching for something unreleased earlier (bluray release dates for those curious) and I have no idea why but at bout 7 pages in it returned an old GAF post of mine from like 3 years ago (the 32x adventure). Either that was the oddest of possibilities or I really need to clear out my search history.

Hmm. Very interesting.
(Also, I'm apparently "Dangerous")

Hmm let's see...
Final Score: SENSIBLE

Your capacity for evil is minimal, and you seem like a rational, reasonable sort. That’s good! As long as it doesn’t get you killed...

Seems about right.

Saty

You don't need to start it again, just choose load game, it autosaves often, or create a manual save every once in a while.

Reconnecting while offline won't matter really since the save slot is different.

I mean if you wanna keep playing after the connection was lost, you will need to start the mission over again (unless you have a prior offline save). But since they want the player to care about challenges and all the unlockable stuff then you can only play it online to get that and every disconnection mid-play on an 'online' save is going to ignore any challenges you completed during that run because challenges are only saved when you complete the mission.

Since they kick you out of a mission when you lose connection i thought maybe they also do a stupid thing when connection is restored and kick you back again so you can start playing on an online save once more.

Dr Dogg

Edit: Well can't see anything super popular on the front page like "PSVR is $3.50!!!" so guess GAF is shitting the bed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom