• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Are anyone here good at setting up Wordpress websites? Or is there a separate thread for this? I might need some serious help tomorrow.

Pachimari

Which deal? Sorry for not keeping up...

What deal m8?!

PSA: $20 off $100 Ebay deal live again all gaming cards etc + $150 PSN for $109

I think it's on the last page or two. Save $20 on Dark Souls III.

Web Design & Development GAF, while quite a mouthful, may have a few people around who could provide some assistance. Not sure about timely assistance, but I'm sure there's a few Wordpress users there!

Thanks a lot Cheese! I need to get a website up and running for a model within a month.

Sounds good. Would also just need half, but is it even possible? Or do you get 2 50$ cards?
It just needs to add up to $100 total.

So you and I could pay $40 each and we could each take a $50 card. PM me if you want to do that and I'll gladly split it.

Edit: the deal is also US only so if that's a problem keep that in mind.

"Those remaining only have a couple months left before Wildstar 'coasts into the sunset,'"

tumblr_inline_n63bmyQkw71qa7k0a.gif

Eternia

Yeah, I had it in my backlog(FC that is) for about 4 months when I started playing it about 3 weeks ago and before I knew it within 9 days I had finished FC and SC(I bought SC at full price and that is something I rarely do).

However always find it weird how other people seem to take so long to play games in some cases
Because I beat TiTs in 32ish hours although I will admit that I skipped most sidequests on that one.
However, I finished Tits2 with just skipping 1 or 2 monster kill quests and the unmarked stuff(I wasnt using a guide so I missed those) in about 55ish hours.
I do read very fast and since this game wasnt voiced that made things alot faster but it is still really weird. I just don't understand where people "waste" all that time.
I'm at around 55 and 95 hours for FC and SC. For this series, I noticed pretty quickly how much dialogue it has and how dependent it sometimes was to the events occurring in the world. Since I did not want to use a guide, I'd often backtrack after advancing plot points talking to every NPC I could and see how they react. Maybe I'd also run into a hidden quest along the way which I would often keep an eye out for. It's repetitive but I just absolutely loved absorbing every little detail even if I don't remember most of them.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm sure you could write a bot that "views" a few thousand titles for you every day, until you run out.

LOL no I manually viewed them all. I'm totally out.

seE0Njq.png

The only way you'd be able to have a higher number than me would be, I think, if you went through the entire queue and you owned fewer games than I did before the discovery update. Because if you buy something before it comes up on your queue, it never does.

Endruen

Put me in coach.
Jesus is magical.
If it's a brawler you want you'll find no better man.
I'd take the mage position but I can't top Jesus on that.
I wanted to do it tonight, but I'm quite busy, tomorrow will be the day.
I suppose Sch1sm and ExoSoul want a male one, tell me otherwise.
Sch1sm: fire, ice or wind mage?
ExoSoul: I don't mind having to different type of mages for the weaknesses, you can have one if you want. Which type would you like?

It's a damned shame because Wildstar seems like it's got a lot of the pieces it needed to be a success but they kinda killed the f2p re-launch by not doing a staggered beta rollout to stress test their servers properly. They just opened the floodgates after a small beta and their mega-servers took a shit when the curious came by to give the tires a kick. And they didn't ever properly resolve the issue, it just sorted itself out because fewer and fewer people were trying to log-in. Most people don't have the patience to wait for those launch problems to get sorted out, there's simply too many other things competing for their attention and free time. Not simultaneously launching on Steam when they went f2p didn't help matters.

Love the art-style, love the combat mechanics, seemed like a really neat game I couldn't log-in and play. I hope all of those people land on their feet and I wish the remaining people at Carbine find work sooner rather than later. Fucking rough deal but it's kinda to be expected at an MMO dev in 2016 that isn't Blizzard, CCP Games or even EA.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
R.I.P. Game collecting.

Thank you for your order!
Thank you for your booking with Broadway.com! Your order is now confirmed and your credit card/gift card(s) has been charged. You will receive your confirmation email shortly, which we suggest you print and bring with you on the day of the performance.

Hello, Broadway! Come July.

missioncaccomplishedf3oqv.gif

Momentary

Banned
Almost all pixel art is ugly. I wish indie devs would stop.

21 years of gaming.

I agree. I played videogames since I was 4 and with my 27 years of experience I feel like I can back him up here.

Just look at this from the upcoming FINAL BOSS game:

https://fat.gfycat.com/LastingTestyHamadryad.webm
https://zippy.gfycat.com/UnkemptFlusteredHamadryad.webm
https://zippy.gfycat.com/CornyDisfiguredAmericanlobster.webm
https://fat.gfycat.com/EducatedSilverAlligatorgar.webm

How is this aesthetically pleasing to anyone?

Edit: Oh damn that NeoGAF webm plugin for chrome really works!

JaseC

What did you do

WHAT DID YOU DO?!?

I may or may not have bought a ticket for The Crucible.

I haven't booked flights/hotels yet. I'm still deciding on the length of the stay. A week seems too short given I'll be coming out of a 24-hour flight, so I'm thinking a week-and-a-half, maybe two. The longer the holiday, the more spending money I'll need, though, so I'm leaning towards the former.

I don't plan on bugging Saoirse for a photo or anything if I happen to see her afterwards even though there have been a lot of fan photos posted to Twitter since previews began. It'd feel presumptuous.

JaseC

You're visiting the states mainly because of seeing her or does it just happen to coincide? Either way, have fun vacations.

In part. Hanging up my game collecting hat in favour of travelling is something I've been considering for a while, and the other week I thought to myself, "It sucks I won't get to see The Crucible" then slowly realised that instead of hoping for it to come to me, I could go to it.

In part. Hanging up my game collecting hat in favour of travelling is something I've been considering for a while, and the other week I thought to myself, "It sucks I won't get to see The Crucible" then slowly realised that instead of hoping for it to come to me, I could go to it.
Wait, you were not joking with giving up game collecting? I respect your decision but I was honestly not expecting that. Wow, seems like the end of an era.
Have fun traveling the world. I mean it. It's on my bucketlist once I sort some stuff out. Safe & fun travels man. Post pictures of your journeys. I'm gonna miss seeing you. :)

Today, we lay to rest JaseC's Steam account game collecting habit.

Why do the good die collect young? We know only that some get bought at full price, some get bought on sale. He won't ever know the hardship and grief for those of us left behind.

Amen.

JaseC

Wait, you were not joking with giving up game collecting? I respect your decision but I was honestly not expecting that. Wow, seems like the end of an era.
Have fun traveling the world. I mean it. It's on my bucketlist once I sort some stuff out. Safe travels man :)

Alas, I can't afford to do both. That realisation in itself was a sobering moment.

As I said on Steam yesterday, I'll still pre-order games/buy Early Access titles that have a content-related incentive and snap up stuff that's likely to have a limited shelf life for one reason or another, but I'm otherwise done buying "junk" that I'll never touch simply because it's cheap, which represents, like, 95% of my game-related purchasing over the past few years.

Alas, I can't afford to do both. That realisation in itself was a sobering moment.
Haven't read activity page in a long, long time so this is news for me.
It's gonna be a great change of pace for you. It's a nice thing to change up one's life imo. Is your school coming to an end? If so you could also think about moving to Hollywood to get a start for that as well. Exciting times. I'm excited for you.
As I said on Steam yesterday, I'll still pre-order games/buy Early Access titles that have a content-related incentive and snap up stuff that's likely to have a limited shelf life for one reason or another, but I'm otherwise done buying "junk" that I'll never touch simply because it's cheap, which represents, like, 95% of my game-related purchasing over the past few years.
Just today I realized yet again on how many storepages your avatar caught my eyes. But I also realized Renaud and Shade are very close to you in that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom