• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haven't read activity page in a long, long time so this is news for me.
It's gonna be a great change of pace for you. It's a nice thing to change up one's life imo. Is your school coming to an end? If so you could also think about moving to Hollywood to get a start for that as well. Exciting times. I'm excited for you.

I haven't been to Uni for quite a while now, actually. I secured my current part-time job shortly before class sign-ups went live, so I simply forgot all about it and realised my mistake too late, and for Semester 2 I'd lined up a transition to a closer campus but couldn't for the life of me finalise my classes and was told bloody weeks later, after the sem had begun, that said campus wasn't yet offering the course and that I shouldn't have been able to set the change in motion in the first place. I skipped the current semester entirely of my own accord, though, in favour of working as much as possible and travelling. I'll finish my degree eventually. ;)

Edit: Come to think of it, I should have my tax return by the time I jet off to NY. That can be my spending money.

One day they'll fix that firefox bug with group invites, one day, but not today.

Nice, same background as me!

Oh god, it's been close to four years now.

Sch1sm

I wanted to do it tonight, but I'm quite busy, tomorrow will be the day.
I suppose Sch1sm and ExoSoul want a male one, tell me otherwise.
Sch1sm: fire, ice or wind mage?
ExoSoul: I don't mind having to different type of mages for the weaknesses, you can have one if you want. Which type would you like?

Wind mage. Female.

Tellaerin

"Those remaining only have a couple months left before Wildstar 'coasts into the sunset,'"

tumblr_inline_n63bmyQkw71qa7k0a.gif

After NCsoft's abrupt termination of City of Heroes, I decided to stay away from their games. I didn't want to get burned like that again. Wildstar had me thinking about reconsidering. Hearing this, I'm glad I didn't.

cross post from the PayPal deal thread:
What a fucking wreck. They told me the $20 code was not from ebay (I had to force them to visit the actual promo page so they could see it was their promotion), then they told me it was a PayPal issue after their AU, CA, whatever workarounds didn't work, then it turns out PayPal is closed so I had to call ebay again anyway.

They gave me a "one time" $20 off coupon to use when the site is done being destroyed so I could buy my codes at the price I wanted. This has been a huge ordeal. Everyone else who was trying best call support and tell them the URL of this page:

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2016/0313/20flash.html

And hope that they work with you. 0/10 would not buy from again.

Jesus next time I'll just go to Gamestop.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We talking about Marvel Heroes now? I might know a thing or two about that game :3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've got one hero at 60 and one at 20, and like six others at 1. Should I be building up all of them, or do one at a time, or just stick with my 60 and do events...or what?

Are any of your non-60 Cyclops? If so, get him to 60 fast to use his synergy (10% more xp)

If not, and you like your 60 (who is it?) You could spend the next few hours gearing up via the various weekly events indeed. You will want to be able to do the cosmic trial soon so you have access to cosmic zones, where loot is much more plentiful. But that trial (basically a dps race) is a bitch for new players with no omegas yet (omegas are the account wide stats you get, much like Diablo's paragon system)

Are any of your non-60 Cyclops? If so, get him to 60 fast to use his synergy (10% more xp)

If not, and you like your 60 (who is it?) You could spend the next few hours gearing up via the various weekly events indeed. You will want to be able to do the cosmic trial soon so you have access to cosmic zones, where loot is much more plentiful. But that trial (basically a dps race) is a bitch for new players with no omegas yet (omegas are the account wide stats you get, much like Diablo's paragon system)

Cyclops is my 20.

My 60 is Colossus.

Rhaknar

Colossus is such a fucking beast these days. Good choice. But yeah get Cyke up to 60 for the synergy at least. He's squishy as fuck but I love him, they nailed the optic blasts (the ricochet one is so satisfying)

zkylon

zkylewd
oh wow on top of being held for 15 day you need to now confirm via email every time u put a card up for sale

that's really rough

Rhaknar

Marvel Heroes talk in the steam thread. What a time to be alive.

True story. Mh is usually the game that most people in my friends list play at the same time, unless its like a big release.

I see people from steamgaf on it that ive never seen in the OT for example.

I think the f2p stigma makes some people just not talk about it

Rule number one of MH is to buy stuff.
Rule number two is to not talk about MH.
oh wow on top of being held for 15 day you need to now confirm via email every time u put a card up for sale

that's really rough

Believe it.

I kinda thought the value of items would go up with the rules in place, but I don't think it has much at all. And now I'll probably overshoot all of my listing prices and be left in the dust when the prices crater two weeks later...

sadblob

I kinda thought the value of items would go up with the rules in place, but I don't think it has much at all. And now I'll probably overshoot all of my listing prices and be left in the dust when the prices crater two weeks later...

Some popular CSGO items have gone up a lot

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah that's super annoying. i've been using the phone app, it's a little faster. :/
yeah that's probably it for me as far as cards are concerned, considering how poor the safekeeping of your personal information is in these sites i don't feel like giving valve my phone number so whatever, i barely even buy things off steam anymore since it's always cheaper somewhere else

Ban Puncher

The Good News - Phone company came bright and early this morning and temporarily fixed my line so I could get a dial tone and some semblance of ADSL.

The Bad News - The entire line was installed by an escaped mental patient decades ago who instead of running the cables from the street to the house inside convenient and standard building practice PVC pipe, they just laid naked cables on the ground and buried them in dirt and concrete. So now the phone company has to rip up my yard and one side of the house to lay a new phone line.

[disturbing image removed wtf]

Li Kao

Ah ah ! Ah ah ah ah !
First DLC for The Evil Within is quite on the trial & error side...
Fuck that noise, life is too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom