• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

i feel like I don't know how to use the Ripper gun in dead space, it's really powerful but sometimes I can't cut quick enough and getting owned in tight areas

Time for more despair. Spike Chunsoft deleted this tweet quickly, they must have tweeted too early

kTeza79.jpg

I am ready.

Anteater

the feel when you waste a bunch of ammos on this dude just to remember he has regeneration

I've destroyed so many of these original xboxes in this game

why do you hate xbox so much isaac

chapter 11!

kurahador

I have to wonder, which game is the biggest mindfuck, Ever 17, 999 or Danganronpa 2?

Ever 17 is more weird than mindfuck and takes some thinking for it to make sense.
Danganronpa is a little too predictable that you can basically guess the twist before the game reveals it.

I had no idea that The Flame in the Flood's soundtrack is by Chuck Ragan.

This moves the game up my wishlist considerably. Is anybody playing it that could give some impressions on the game?

It's being called both a roguelite and a survival game... so, Don't Starve?

Haven't posted anything in a while but have I mentioned yet how great Underrail is?

header.jpg

Like superb duperb great. It's ridiculous playing this back-to-back with Fallout 4: it's basically everything that Fallout 4 was and wasn't (at least so far, first ~10 hours).

Disclaimer: I really love (especially) Fallout 2 but this isn't nostalgia talking: I only finished Fallout 2 first time in something like 2013.

TL;DR: Read the above then buy Underrail
Yup, thanks to Bernardo I learned about it. Looks like a fun, deep RPG. From the videos I watched, I couldn't see outdoors, so maybe that could become monotonous but not a biggie.
Are any of your non-60 Cyclops? If so, get him to 60 fast to use his synergy (10% more xp)

If not, and you like your 60 (who is it?) You could spend the next few hours gearing up via the various weekly events indeed. You will want to be able to do the cosmic trial soon so you have access to cosmic zones, where loot is much more plentiful. But that trial (basically a dps race) is a bitch for new players with no omegas yet (omegas are the account wide stats you get, much like Diablo's paragon system)
I understand some of those words.
For the record, the MMO Minesweeper is the best MMO. http://mienfield.com
A bit embarassed to admit I never learned how to play Minesweeper.
Could be a alternative to Solitaire :(

Sch1sm

A bit embarassed to admit I never learned how to play Minesweeper.
Could be a alternative to Solitaire :(

It's quite simple. The # in the square tells you how many bombs surround the nearest 8 squares to it (even diagonally). You flag the ones that are mines, you can even mark them as ? iirc, both by right clicking.

It's just logic once you've made the first 1 or 2 massive clearings.

E: Pay attention to how many mines are on the field, though. It should tell you. I think the minimum is usually 10, and that's like...beginner setting.

Hitman – DX11 vs. DX12 @ AMD Radeon R9 390X Gaming 8G Benchmark & Graphics Comparison on average performance increases by 9 frames on DX12.

Here Hitman DX11 vs. DX12 on an Nvidia 970 from DigitalFoundry. DX12 "slighty" above DX11.

I can see jshackles grin of making the right purchase from halfway over the globe ;)
It's quite simple. The # in the square tells you how many bombs surround the nearest 8 squares to it (even diagonally). You flag the ones that are mines, you can even mark them as ? iirc, both by right clicking.

It's just logic once you've made the first 1 or 2 massive clearings.

E: Pay attention to how many mines are on the field, though. It should tell you. I think the minimum is usually 10, and that's like...beginner setting.
Thanks Sch1sm. I'll give it a try.

I just won my first game!

Hitman – DX11 vs. DX12 @ AMD Radeon R9 390X Gaming 8G Benchmark & Graphics Comparison on average performance increases by 9 frames on DX12.

Here Hitman DX11 vs. DX12 on an Nvidia 970 from DigitalFoundry. DX12 "slighty" above DX11.

I can see jshackles grin of making the right purchase from halfway over the globe ;)

Thanks Sch1sm. I'll give it a try.
Benchmark of DX12 has significantly improvement of frame dips over DX11 for me, but game freezes every time in DX12 mode during loading in the actual game :/

Arthea

Project Setsuna is coming west on PS4 and Steam as 'I am Setsuna,' Vita seemingly dropped

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdgvmT1UIAE0aQK.jpg[/IMG

I've been looking forward to it. I can understand why the Vita version was dropped. Horrendous load times...like 12~30 seconds each time you enter and exit -__-[/QUOTE]
I am ecstatic! I never thought it'll come to PC, that's great news indeed, it's one of my most awaited games.

obligatory: Thank you SE, now where are my FF9 and FF1-2 for now?

This shines a different light on that Humble free to play bundle it appeared in. Does this mean it is being turned off altogether or will be a zombie with an uncertian future (i.e. Desura, Scrolls)?

Free Nyctophobia through failmid.

Might not last long.
It (server) seems to be fine. Not having trading cards and not being Tales of helps, I think.

Arthea

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey coming to PC in late 2016
WinStore10 exclusive, both with always online DRM and both will get removed from your account in 2017

I think I dislike MS enough without them going this route.
But I'd welcome both on PC without any shenanigans
MS and you can come up with

I have to wonder, which game is the biggest mindfuck, Ever 17, 999 or Danganronpa 2?

999 is clever but I thought the shit that went down at the end of VLR was like MGS2 but on steroids and also somehow even more batshit crazy.

I'm still not entirely sure how ZE3 will play out because of the crazy that happened in ZE2 but boy am i looking forward to it

Saty

Wasn't the wording when Sestuna was announced for PS4 the same as it was for Ni-Oh and Nier and another game? Might hint at those coming to PC too.

Hektor

I'm almost sure that Platinum Nier will come, you should be prepared, just in case.
Original Nier? very unlikely

Automata, Original, Drakengard, or even just Yoko's new Mobilegame, everything would make me cry tears of joy.

That said, i yet have to buy a new smartphone for the latter. Anybody in here can recommend me one?

Sounds interesting, I'll keep it in mind once it comes to Steam.

It already is, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom