• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

remember Mad Max?

I feel like droppin shit and finishing that

it was okay

elevated by how well it performed

yeah I think I will

Do it

It's not that long of a game if you skip the extra stuff. I didn't get all of the collectibles but I did most of the extra missions to unlock all the upgrades

One of my favorite games last year

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't know about you guys but I love confirming every trading card to sell. Probably best feature ever.

I'm honestly surprised Valve hasn't changed that behavior over user backlash yet. They specifically said items under $3 wouldn't need to be confirmed so most people assume it's just a bug. Whether it's a bug or not, I suspect it's further cutting down on their support issues (aside from the people who are putting in tickets saying "OMG This sux!") so it's likely here to stay, unfortunately.

Jawmuncher

Mad Max the movie was ok.
Nice that it brought back action focus and good special effects. Didn't really need to be R rated though. I plan on playing the game soon, played a bit and like it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Spring 2017. And Nina wasn't there for Gone Home? For some reason I thought she was always with Fullbright.
nope, nina's new

also dang 2017

that's far away

"oh hey a free steam key for a $0.99 game, sure"

tzvEJtA.png

lol fuck you

lmao

I'm honestly surprised Valve hasn't changed that behavior over user backlash yet. They specifically said items under $3 wouldn't need to be confirmed so most people assume it's just a bug. Whether it's a bug or not, I suspect it's further cutting down on their support issues (aside from the people who are putting in tickets saying "OMG This sux!") so it's likely here to stay, unfortunately.

Slowing the supply can drive the price higher on high volume items like keys.
With the quality of the steam app on mobile it will slow down for sure.

zkylon

zkylewd
i seem to have an unopeneable unread chat message

whelp, that little letter icon telling me i have stuff to take care of is not annoying whatsoever

Warframe's been fun... so I bought $100 worth of Warframe currency.

I have no defense except that it was -75% off and that really seemed like a decent price for it.

Now you can buy all the potatoes and frame/weapon slots you will ever, eeeever need. Also, warframe.market is a good source if you don't want to grind out any particular gun or frame; you can usually get stuff pretty cheap from other players.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shalashaska, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-A5A892E87EED6421 - Taken by ExoSoul

zkylon

zkylewd
"Made with Unity"

nope.jpg

i don't think unity is a deal breaker, there's good games made in unity like pillars of eternity, kerbal, kentucky route zero, sunless sea, etc.

Better than the original which hasn't aged well at all.
i mean, that's not saying much

i was hoping for a better art direction, not just higher fidelity

the ship just looks super busy, whiny colors that don't mesh well together everywhere, walls with too much texturing and shine and detail when u just want a wall and it all looks so like, gross

there's no subtlety or personality, it looks really bad imo

Jawmuncher

i don't think unity is a deal breaker, there's good games made in unity like pillars of eternity, kerbal, kentucky route zero, sunless sea, etc.

i mean, that's not saying much

i was hoping for a better art direction, not just higher fidelity

the ship just looks super busy, whiny colors that don't mesh well together everywhere, walls with too much texturing and shine and detail when u just want a wall and it all looks so like, gross

there's no subtlety or personality, it looks really bad imo
I feel like this is what system shocks universe would look like so I dunno lol

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel like this is what system shocks universe would look like so I dunno lol
and you would be forgiven for doing so, but i think simply upscaling this

SHOCK015.GIF

is not enough

xcom is a good example of keeping the spirit of the original game right with like design and style and stuff, but it doesn't have to be a carbon copy, you're allowed to change things because what we thought it was cool in 1994 is kinda gross today

I expect that Valve will do something once they realize how it's cutting into their bottom line. They've more or less kiled card selling completely.

Knurek

Why would they change the behavior when by their admission 'over 95% of trades are using Steam App verification'?
Which fails to mention the amount of trades dropping 1000% ever since the change went into effect, but Valve has massaged the data before, hadn't it?

I don't get people who are allergic to play a JRPG not a handheld anymore. You will gladly play a shooty mcbang bang or a broken Bethesda game all day on not a handheld? Just say you weren't interested in x game in the first place.

Salsa

I don't get people who are allergic to play a JRPG not a handheld anymore. You will gladly play a shooty mcbang bang or a broken Bethesda game all day on not a handheld? Just say you weren't interested in x game in the first place.

what if I also don't play shooty mcbang bang or broken bethesda game

I don't like jRPGs with same-ol ancient evil storylines and insufferable fancy cutscene exposition about something i've played a million times

I like Dragon Quest

I'd even like less exposition in Dragon Quest

it's not the fact that they're on handhelds, it's the fact that because they're on handhelds the gameplay and pace are made to fit that platform, which in turn ends up in something more enjoyable to me

what if I also don't play shooty mcbang bang or broken bethesda game

I don't like jRPGs with same-ol ancient evil storylines and insufferable fancy cutscene exposition about something i've played a million times

I like Dragon Quest

I'd even like less exposition in Dragon Quest
Oh, I didn't mean you in particular. I meant some folks in that thread.

EDIT:I get the pace point you made as well but, there are people that just refuse to play any of them at all if it isn't on a handheld.

Salsa

im probably just getting older

harkens back to the oceanhorn post I made earlier today

as soon as that "old exposition dude" went THERE'S AN ANCIENT EVIL on a cutscene I just fucking groaned and quit the thing minutes after

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
im probably just getting older

harkens back to the oceanhorn post I made earlier today

as soon as that "old exposition dude" went THERE'S AN ANCIENT EVIL on a cutscene I just fucking groaned and quit the thing minutes after

In my defense, I pointed out in my review here on GAF that the voice work was especially bad and barely passable for a game that released any time after 2001.

Salsa

In my defense, I pointed out in my review here on GAF that the voice work was especially bad and barely passable for a game that released any time after 2001.

yeah I know

im sure the game's well made and all. just think that at this point in time i'd rather play stuff that feels fresher to me in all regards, if possible

unless it's just something that I really really like, that type of game isnt, anymore

I think

Why all the Unity hate? Some good games have been made with it =/

It's Unity.

But seriously, at this point who hasn't a Unity game horror story?
Now you can buy all the potatoes and frame/weapon slots you will ever, eeeever need. Also, warframe.market is a good source if you don't want to grind out any particular gun or frame; you can usually get stuff pretty cheap from other players.
That's the plan... I will farm potatoes in style.

Stardew Valley set me down this space farming path.

ExoSoul

Banned
Is there anyplace selling DS II Season pass cheaper than the sites on isthereanydeal? I know it has happened before and the itch is growing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom