• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRM-Free only

https://www.humblebundle.com/mix-digital-preview-ticket

Pay $0.01+

Giant Cop: Justice Above All
Goliath (Early Build) Goliath
FORCED SHOWDOWN (Early Build) FORCED SHOWDOWN
PolyRace (Early Build) PolyRace
Prismata (Early Build) Prismata
RIVE (Early Build) RIVE
Arena Gods (Early Build) Requires controller
Burly Men at Sea Burly Men at Sea
Combat Core (Early Build) Combat Core
10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers 10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers
A demos bundle.

Have bundles gone too far?

;)

EdmondD

Our videos of Kôna

Atmospheric exploration adventure with a lot of voiced dialogue and a lot of gameplay mechanics (driving, map, flashlight, crowbar, camera) which make it stand out among "pure" walking simulators.

Man, I love Gamersyde. Probably my favorite gaming site. Love their high quality videos. Downloading these Kona videos right now. Game looks interesting. Blim, if you are reading this, you do good work bro.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Alter World -- MB-8A91841AB144026F - Taken by Purkake4

Anno

Between that vinyl and the box for the Red figurine they had a couple months back, Supergiant really know how to make me want their products just for the packaging.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Man, I love Gamersyde. Probably my favorite gaming site. Love their high quality videos. Downloading these Kona videos right now. Game looks interesting. Blim, if you are reading this, you do good work bro.

I'm reading, but it's Driftwood (and others) who is doing the work. Nowadays I'm only doing the technical stuff for the site ;)

Uzzy

TransistorVinyl_002_1.png
TransistorVinyl_003.png
TransistorVinyl_006.png

Now I need a vinyl player.

Bundle stars is giving away Planetary Annihilation. I thought it was Planetary Annihilation Titans, thanks to the graphic used. I already have it so I'm regiving.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-AF9896266DDE94D0 - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.

t1457984182z1.png

DRM-Free only

https://www.humblebundle.com/mix-digital-preview-ticket

Pay $0.01+

Giant Cop: Justice Above All
Goliath (Early Build) Goliath
FORCED SHOWDOWN (Early Build) FORCED SHOWDOWN
PolyRace (Early Build) PolyRace
Prismata (Early Build) Prismata
RIVE (Early Build) RIVE
Arena Gods (Early Build) Requires controller
Burly Men at Sea Burly Men at Sea
Combat Core (Early Build) Combat Core
10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers 10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers
I was going to say why can't this be like the old days but then I thought, is this really that different to the Mojam bundle and the anmesia week bundle?

As for $0.01. IIRC some of the payment options don't actually let you do that.

Also I just noticed this:
Total payments:$457.63
Number of purchases:412
Average purchase:$1.16
Average Windows:$0.97
Average Mac:$2.05
Average Linux:$0.71
I've never seen Linux users have the lowest average.

Anno

delayed to when?

that game kind of fell under my radar but knowing it's from the gone home ppl + nina freeman is pretty interesting for me

Spring 2017. And Nina wasn't there for Gone Home? For some reason I thought she was always with Fullbright.

Warframe's been fun... so I bought $100 worth of Warframe currency.

I have no defense except that it was -75% off and that really seemed like a decent price for it.

help

ExoSoul

Banned
I am including bosses in that assessment because, based off the amount of time you do actually spend fighting them they account for a significant portion of game.

But I also think 3 hits can be a lot to take out a regular grunt enemy. Obviously I'm not expecting one-shots everywhere, but based on how you play the game (attack, wait for the enemy's pattern to complete, attack again, pattern, attack) that can be a lot of waiting around. They may not be "bullet sponges," but it takes the same amount of time as if they were.

Obviously not all enemies fall into that category, but enough do.

You're not really meant to fight like that at all, you're supposed to make use of your abilities to fight them and you can actually juggle enemies in a way that they won't attack you ever
slide > attack (x2 if needed) > knock up > attack
and you can do it time after time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Did Block'hood get it's price reduced? I thought it was like $20 a few days ago, now it's $10?

Salsa

I tried Oceanhorn

yea.. think im gonna pass

I get what jshackles was on about but it's super clunky. just very clearly a mobile game port. feels uninspired and the action stops for story bits in a ridiculous way as if it was anything new or interesting

wanted to get into it then this old dude starts going into this monster story that is absolutely nothing new and just stalls the action for minutes, an "action" that is lacking to begin with

Ittle Dew is better at doing this

Between Wasteland 2 and this, which would you say is the better post-apocalyptic rpg experience?

I cannot say for certain, I played 60 hours of Wasteland 2 (the non DC version) and loved every second of it but I haven't played the DC. So far I would consider both pretty essential for any post-apocalyptic RPG fan.

Salsa

im doing so good at this new iron man xcom 2 run that im sittin here sippin coffee lookin at the steam icon afraid to launch it

D3RANG3D

As someone who goes to Burning Man every year, I can say that that movie is.. not great (and it covers an early 2000's Burning Man so it's pretty out of date). All Burning Man movies suck, even the more recent high-budget "SPARK" movie. Still, as an early example of a David Best temple design, it miiiiiiiight be worth watching for that alone. Maybe.

(to make some sort of tenuous connection to videogames, there used to be a camp that basically built a WoW tavern there, dressed up as orcs, and gave out quests. If you completed one, you got whatever you wanted to drink)

Weill I managed to gift one so there's that! :p

I still have one copy go give way pm me your steamid if interested.

Salsa

every time i've read about Setsuna i've always seen it compared to Chrono Trigger

alas, it'll be the first time in quite a while i'll go non-handheld jRPG

EdmondD

I'm reading, but it's Driftwood (and others) who is doing the work. Nowadays I'm only doing the technical stuff for the site ;)

I appreciate everyone's work. I'm still waiting on those Street Fighter 5 vids though ;) I want to see all the crazy combos you guys pull off.

inm8num2

Finished Apotheon - really enjoyed this game. Combat is a little clumsy, but it's still really fun using different weapons and tactics. The art and visuals are great and distinctive, and the Greek mythology enhances the atmosphere. Got all the powers, lockboxes, and achievements (other than beating it on Olympian difficulty which only unlocks after first playthrough).

EdmondD

Warframe's been fun... so I bought $100 worth of Warframe currency.

I have no defense except that it was -75% off and that really seemed like a decent price for it.

help

They have added so much to the game since I stopped playing it actually makes me hesitant to go back. I had a lot of fun with that game though. One of the better free to play games.

I cannot say for certain, I played 60 hours of Wasteland 2 (the non DC version) and loved every second of it but I haven't played the DC. So far I would consider both pretty essential for any post-apocalyptic RPG fan.

well i got the DC version thanks to people parting with their Humble keys so I'll might as wel play it before picking up underrail. thanks!

Salsa

remember Mad Max?

I feel like droppin shit and finishing that

it was okay

elevated by how well it performed

yeah I think I will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom