• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Hmm, Danganronpa PC or Vita ?
I mean PC is the obvious choice for legacy but I'm not sure I would appreciate the mishmash of high and low res. At least on Vita the effect wouldn't be as jarring.

Help me Gaf (I already know the answer must be PC but hey, why not ask about it ?)

Play the PC version in a window as large as a Vita screen and you're set.

MUnited83

For you.
I mean PC is the obvious choice for legacy but I'm not sure I would appreciate the mishmash of high and low res. At least on Vita the effect wouldn't be as jarring.

Help me Gaf (I already know the answer must be PC but hey, why not ask about it ?)

PC of course. Especially since it can be modded

tmarg

i like toys and i like cute stuff so yeah, i love them!

i don't really want that many, kind of wish there was a solaire nendo, but having the klk girls would be enough for me i think

The Toon Link one seems ok, but that's basically just regular Toon Link. I don't think I'd ever spend that much money on one though. I guess if I was rich, but I don't think we're in danger of having that happen anytime soon.

I do have a couple of amiibo, so I'm not really opposed to having a few tacky plastic toys around.

I mean PC is the obvious choice for legacy but I'm not sure I would appreciate the mishmash of high and low res. At least on Vita the effect wouldn't be as jarring. I also find it useful if I'm sorta watching anything on TV so I can sit on the couch and shift focus between Vita and TV as desired. If I want to do this with my PC and laptop, I need to hope that the in home streaming is working properly with the game.

Depends on if you like gaming anywhere other than your main gaming area. I'd love to have Danganronpa on Vita, but it's stuck on my PC at the moment. Vita is a great thing for me when I'm spending time at my significant other's place or working remotely.

If you enable mobile auth, can you disable it relatively easily after?

Yes.

Play the PC version in a window as large as a Vita screen and you're set.

That'd fix the resolution stuff so it was on par with Vita most likely, but wouldn't give him the portability of having it on Vita if that matters to him.

zkylon

zkylewd
The Toon Link one seems ok, but that's basically just regular Toon Link. I don't think I'd ever spend that much money on one though. I guess if I was rich, but I don't think we're in danger of having that happen anytime soon.

I do have a couple of amiibo, so I'm not really opposed to having a few tacky plastic toys around.

you don't have to be rich

i have a bunch of toys

just don't eat as much as normal people

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Reminder that ShinyLoot is going dormant on March 17. If you have games there you want to back up , best to do it before then.

One good note: I think most of ShinyLoot's sales came from bundles through Groupees, and Groupees has since uploaded DRM-free builds of the stuff they were offering on ShinyLoot.

pahamrick

One good note: I think most of ShinyLoot's sales came from bundles through Groupees, and Groupees has since uploaded DRM-free builds of the stuff they were offering on ShinyLoot.

This is good to know. And good on Groupees for covering purchasers of those bundles in this manner.

Doesn't look like they have DRM-free builds for everything that was offered through ShinyLoot. Just checked my Groupee's account, and the only bundle I bought that was offered on ShinyLoot (Shinyloot - Roguelike Bundle) has 4 games that are missing DRM-free downloads.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Doesn't look like they have DRM-free builds for everything that was offered through ShinyLoot. Just checked my Groupee's account, and the only bundle I bought that was offered on ShinyLoot (Shinyloot - Roguelike Bundle) has 4 games that are missing DRM-free downloads.

Bummer! I guess it was just for some. Hopefully they sort out the rest!

Lain

New store page!

Quoting this again because I just saw on KS that they did a few changes and now everyone gets EA!! I'll get to find out right away how it's shaping up as soon as the EA starts.

Early Access for all !

We will be releasing Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem on Steam in just about two weeks, but before we do, there’s some important information we want to share with you, our backers. Considering today's Early Access landscape and our desire to create a strong, robust community around our game, we have decided to set the price of the alpha version of the game to 20 USD at the start of Steam Early Access on March 24. This initial price will allow the game to be more accessible to those still discovering it for the first time, providing even more voices to help shape the experience as it grows.

We realize that some of you may have concerns at this news – and we understand that, had we had this information at the time of our Kickstarter campaign, you may have decided to invest your money differently. Your good will and support has allowed us to build this company, this team, and this game, and we want to ensure your contributions feel appropriately valued and appreciated as we continue forward. To that end, we plan on updating a number of our various backer tiers with additional rewards to reflect this new initial Early Access release price. Keep in mind that these new bonuses are in addition to – not in place of - the rewards each relevant tier will already be receiving:

All backers of the WARRIOR tier will now receive alpha access to the game on Steam Early Access.

All backers of the KNIGHT and above tiers will earn entry to the Early Access alpha, as well as an additional exclusive cosmetic weapon skin pack.

All APPRENTICE-level backers will receive alpha access, the previously described weapon pack, and an additional exclusive item. We have a few options we’re considering for what this item will be – it might be special armor, an exclusive pet skin, or something else entirely inspired by the community! If you qualify for this tier or above, you can reply directly to the email we sent you until April 7 with any suggestions for things you’d like to see. All backers of the SORCERER tier and above will receive all the previously listed exclusive items, as well as the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game (when it is available), with an estimated value of at least 39 USD. It will include an exclusive pet skin, a digital design works art book, and several exclusive cosmetic assets, both for character customization and for the Dungeon Challenge to come. And we’d like to add some other form of exclusive on top of these rewards, so again, if you have other ideas for things you’d like to see, we’d love to hear them – just reply directly to this message for your ideas.

We hope you understand our reasons for this decision, and we hope we will continue to receive your passion and support going ahead from here. Your backing in the very beginning was invaluable for us as a company, and we want to make sure we do right by your faith in us in the future. We’ll be accepting feedback by answering the email you received until April 7, so please don’t hesitate to send us any thoughts you may have as soon as possible!

Please note that not every exclusive reward will be available during this initial alpha period of the game’s development. We are deeply focused at this stage on delivering the core gameplay features that will make Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem a great experience to play. We will update you with additional information on backer rewards as they become available.

Best regards, Daniel Dolui, CEO, And all of us at Wolcen Studio!

Salsa

for all the shit I talk about XCOM 2

im on a pretty good run

I just had a fight which among everythin had 3 fuckin berserkers

killed everyone

saved 12/13 civilians

didnt get 1 soldier injured

everyone promoted

fuck you game

it's the exact flipside of this now being one of the most satisfying feelings you can get in a game

header.jpg

Quoting this again because I just saw on KS that they did a few changes and now everyone gets EA!! I'll get to find out right away how it's shaping up as soon as the EA starts.

Wow, looks neat. Graphics are sublime for an ARPG.
It makes me remember of the other ARPG which name I don't remember that was announced last year. What was it, I wonder.

EDIT: It was Umbra, and apparently it's been renamed to that Wolcen game. Lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wanted to buy the Monokuma Nendroid but that is like 60 Bucks + Shipping and customs. The figures are far to small to be worth that price imho.
idk, i prefer them smaller

like this one looks really good

kill-la-kill-ryuko-matoi-honnouji-academy-uniform-rah-1-6-scale-action-figure-real-action-hero-wonderfest-6.jpg

but i'd rather just have nendos, they're cute and i'm running out of space in my desk to put all my plushies and toys so smaller is better

Hektor

idk, i prefer them smaller

like this one looks really good

kill-la-kill-ryuko-matoi-honnouji-academy-uniform-rah-1-6-scale-action-figure-real-action-hero-wonderfest-6.jpg

but i'd rather just have nendos, they're cute and i'm running out of space in my desk to put all my plushies and toys so smaller is better

That one is really cute. But i dunno, for that price i'd rather have one that is big enough to be seen between my DVD's, Blu-Rays and videogames. Like, even my Darth Vader shampoo bottle is bigger. If they were only 30 or 40, i'd probably buy some regardless, but for the price of that Monokuma i'll rather buy the new vivi plush and something else.

Why and how?

New Hearthstone Cosmetic Hero (Liadrin, Paladin) Unlockable by Hitting lvl 20 in WoW

I don't want to go back mom!

Dr Dogg

Contact hardening shadows, you know like how real shadows are cast, will be more defined at the closest point of contact to the casting object and then defused the further out they span. Having a hard defined edge from top to bottom is not representative of realistic shadowing.

I do wonder about 'tech talk' on GAF sometimes.

Anyway in less grouchy, just got up with a hangover news, Star Wars in VR!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197271

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd8giIbPtxA

dex3108

That guy that called out Nvidia during AMD presentation about GameWorks last night really shouldn't do that. AMD needs to stop complaining and show things that can counter competition. And right after guy called out Nvidia he showed what AMD has to offer developers. And when you compare visual effects library from AMD to Nvidia you get this

Vvj1JCp.jpg

That sucks :( I enjoyed Infinity on PC so much that I ended up building quite a collection of figures because I like having them on display and the codes unlocked content for the PC version. Scanning figures is a cool novelty but I quickly abandoned the console version because I prefer having the content selectable within the game. I'll probably now just stop playing because I don't think that my save data will transfer to console and I'd rather not have to keep scanning figures to play. At least I'll save money :p

Dr Dogg

That guy that called out Nvidia during AMD presentation about GameWorks last night really shouldn't do that. AMD needs to stop complaining and show things that can counter competition. And right after guy called out Nvidia he showed what AMD has to offer developers. And when you compare visual effects library from AMD to Nvidia you get this

Vvj1JCp.jpg

Who made that list? Did AMD even talk about GPUOpen?

https://github.com/GPUOpen-Effects/

Plus they have a fair few other bits of tech and some pretty decent tools over on their dev hub.

dex3108

Who made that list? Did AMD even talk about GPUOpen?

https://github.com/GPUOpen-Effects/

Plus they have a fair few other bits of tech and some pretty decent tools over on their dev hub.

Last night they did talk a bit about GPU Open. And only Visual Effect on their presentation was TressFX. They presented 3D model optimization software or something like that (GeometryFX), and texture compression software last night right after guy on stage called out Nvidia. And i made list :D

zkylon

zkylewd
That one is really cute. But i dunno, for that price i'd rather have one that is big enough to be seen between my DVD's, Blu-Rays and videogames. Like, even my Darth Vader shampoo bottle is bigger. If they were only 30 or 40, i'd probably buy some regardless, but for the price of that Monokuma i'll rather buy the new vivi plush and something else.
idk, i just wish these things were cheaper

100 bucks for the mako one is too much

It better be good for this price.
yipes

i think for that money i'd rather buy the wig and the jacket lol

Dr Dogg

Last night they did talk a bit about GPU Open. And only Visual Effect on their presentation was TressFX. They presented 3D model optimization software or something like that (GeometryFX), and texture compression software last night right after guy on stage called out Nvidia. And i made list :D

It's an odd situation as if you look back just a couple of years ago the amount of AMD endorsed titles compared to Nvidia ones was heavily in their favour. Instead of leveraging their R&D efforts and partnering up with these studios to offer up stuff they have been working on most of the benefits seem to be largely about driver and performance benefits. While no where near as extensive as Nvidia's efforts AMD do have some interesting things mentioned in their white papers on their site. Surprised they really weren't pushing for further Mantel adoption in their sponsored titles (though getting a whole new render path on a new API thrown into development isn't for every studio) but that boat has sailed with Vulkan now.

Smash88

Banned
Stardew Valley is about to break half a million in sales
but DIvision already did, how? why?
Dang is creeping to 30K slowly
Trails FC might get to 200K after this sale
Trails SC getting to 20K finally *sigh

You are surprised the biggest and most hyped game of the year has sold 500k already?

Stardew Valley is about to break half a million in sales
but DIvision already did, how? why?
Dang is creeping to 30K slowly
Trails FC might get to 200K after this sale
Trails SC getting to 20K finally *sigh

steam was a mistake

time to clean up your friends list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom