• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt that just another "operation" like on CS and TF2?

I think this is more like those stamps they used to sell in TF2 right? Where if you bought a stamp for a specific map then you'd be supporting the person who made that map, but everyone could play on the map regardless of whether they wanted to buy one or not.

Do the community map makers get a cut of the sales from operations?

Arthea

I can't handle time zones atm, too tired, can someone kindly tell me how many hours from now that horribletobalancethings HB is happening?

edited: another question, that Shadowrun Returns in HB is not deluxe or is it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No other way? Why not simply allow me to put multipe cards into ONE PACKAGE? So you would only have to acknowledge it ONCE, INSTEAD OF 132 TIMES! Whoever at Valve thought this through is a complete moron. For a software company, they sure suck at actually designing good software.

I have to say I agree, in a way. I don't think anyone (or at least, far fewer people) would be complaining if they could list multiple items at once and only have to confirm it a single time. The convenience of being able to do something directly on Steam without an addon such as Steam Inventory Helper seems like a small price to pay for having to confirm each "batch", and this move could have been seen as a net positive for the community.

Instead, even long-time established traders are throwing up their hands and saying "fuck it, this isn't usable" and moving on. From Valve's perspective it's "mission accomplished" because they've probably already decreased their incoming support numbers as the result of these changes without listening to the community feedback / backlash.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think Valve is capable of making good software, but decisions like this one are usually left up to people who aren't designing the software. There also seems to be little to no feedback loop internally that tells anyone working there that this was a bad idea.

Axass

Hi, I noticed the guidelines for selling stuff on Steam changed, so I'm kinda puzzled: does the platform keep my cards on hold for 15 days anyway, or is there a way to give it the go ahead before the set date?

BTW - I have a Lumia, so no 2 step authentication.

Arthea

Hi, I noticed the guidelines for selling stuff on Steam changed, so I'm kinda puzzled: does the platform keep my cards on hold for 15 days anyway, or is there a way to give it the go ahead before the set date?

no, there is not
but keep in mind it's for your own good, according to Valve

unless you do mobile authentication, of course

Uraizen

Banned
The one with uninspired, randomly generated dungeons? Filled with terrible, unnecessary loot?
With random encounters which were both tedious and boring?
With close to no strategy required to beat anything that wasn't a boss encounter?
Say what you will, P4 was a decent VN. But a honest to god terrible RPG.

Thank you.

Arthea

well, Subnautica is mighty tempting, I hope someone will talk me out of buying it, though

can I count on you, steamgaf?

Knurek

You can be a Certified Unity Developer for the low, low price of $250.

Rise of the Tomb Raider – VXAO vs. HBAO+ vs. SSAO Ambient Occlusion Graphics Comparison

Not only visual comparison but they also show framerates. SSAO is almost free, HBAO+ doesn't cost much but VXAO can have a 10 frames hit.
Visually I prefer HBAO+ but honestly, SSAO doesn't look that much different and I'd happily use that to get better performance or higher setting somewhere else.

I'm really starting to feel there's something wrong with my eyesight. I see no bloody difference between those four, framerate excluded...

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I can't handle time zones atm, too tired, can someone kindly tell me how many hours from now that horribletobalancethings HB is happening?

edited: another question, that Shadowrun Returns in HB is not deluxe or is it?
It should be in ~20 minutes. Shadowrun Returns isn't the deluxe version, so no soundtrack/anthology.

jtb

Banned
also, cross-posting from a thread I just made (sorry) but... is Cities XXL actually a terrible game or is it just a terrible business model?

I know that Cities XXL is basically just a repackaged version of the same game they've been selling for the past eight (?) years, basically and that's fucked up, and I totally agree.

What I'm less clear on is... well... is the game actually any good?

I already have Cities Skylines and, while I like it a lot, I've heard that CXXL actually has a more in-depth economy simulation because of its MMO roots and can support far higher populations that C:S.

Is there a mod community?

How is the mass transit and traffic functionality?

Also: did they ever get around to re-coding the engine to use more than one core? Because, obviously, if they still haven't fixed that shit... it's a non-starter.

Anyone else seeing those annoying "a" copy/paste things going around. Makes a line stretch all the way to the top of your screen.

Seeing in in the comments of PC Gamer and TBs Curator recommendations. Blocking the person doesn't remove it though.

MUnited83

For you.
Anyone else seeing those annoying "a" copy/paste things going around. Makes a line stretch all the way to the top of your screen.

Seeing in in the comments of PC Gamer and TBs Curator recommendations. Blocking the person doesn't remove it though.

That has been happening with my steam activity's feed, but it seems to pop up even on posts that would make no sense to be intentional.

oipic

My Steam Friend Activity page is littered with this rubbish, too.

Hopefully the children responsible for this are distracted by some other less annoying monkey-see, monkey-do internet nonsense very soon.

OiglT8z.png

https://www.humblebundle.com/cryengine-bundle

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
CRYENGINE
assets
BUNDLE

Pay what you want!
  • MoCap Animation Pack - Basic Military Rifle
  • Plants & Shrubs
  • Trees
  • Environment Props
  • Prototyping Kit
  • Textures, Decals & Visual Effects
  • MoCap Paintball FPS
Pay more than the average of $6.00 to also unlock!
  • Audio Kit
  • Vehicles Standard Edition
  • City Pack Standard Edition
  • Weapons Pack
  • Ryse Nature & Animal Pack
  • Crytek Formula Racing
  • Nexuiz (STEAM KEY)
Pay $13 or more to also unlock!
  • Illfonic Survival
  • Ryse World Building Pack
  • Ryse Roman Pack
  • Vehicles High Quality