• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Overlord -- MB-F2546F6EB35077C2 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
Vanguard Princess -- MB-47C2C71CE0BA77A9 - Taken by UnderWaterTree

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Salt and Sanctuary has the ugliest art style i've seen in a long time

big37lqh3.jpg

animation is dreadful too

I guess it must be really good to be reviewing so well since I thought it was just riding "it's like dark souls!!22!!" hype

but good god is it horrendous looking

It's ugly to the point of being unplayable TBH.

Yakkue

Somehow I'm completely stumped on this Lyne daily puzzle. Does anyone here have any ideas?

nevermind, solved it. Lyne is really fun.

It's ugly to the point of being unplayable TBH.

lol you think so? I haven't seen the game in motion but from that screen shot I don't think its THAT bad. But there have been games that were simply so ugly i didn't even bother giving them the time of day so I don't blame you if you feel that way.

Salt and Sanctuary has the ugliest art style i've seen in a long time

big37lqh3.jpg

animation is dreadful too

I guess it must be really good to be reviewing so well since I thought it was just riding "it's like dark souls!!22!!" hype

but good god is it horrendous looking

I was looking at the store page on my phone and it didn't look great, but thought maybe it was because I'd just been looking gifs and screenshots from Slain! so anything would look bad in comparison. Guess that's not that case cause this looks just awful.

Also the more I look at this the harder time I'm having comprehending that barrel.

Knurek

That's a first.
Pay for early builds of a game.
Devs don't seem to have gotten the message that JaseC is not in the business of getting +1's anymore.

Not that I am the guy to buy into VR any time soon anyway but PSVR looks like it won't do what people think it will do.

Considering that the PS4 hardware can't even handle 1080/60 on alot of games, for VR you need more then that from what I have been told.

Knurek

Not that I am the guy to buy into VR any time soon anyway but PSVR looks like it won't do what people think it will do.

Considering that the PS4 hardware can't even handle 1080/60 on alot of games, for VR you need more then that from what I have been told.

That's why it costs so much.
The processing hardware included is actually GTX970 in disguise.
NVIDIA's glorious return to the land of profitable console gaming, now that it's obvious there's no money to be made on PC!

Mivey

What happened with that free dark souls thing
Maybe they just thought they'd announce it and ask Namco later if they are okay with it and will give them the keys. At least they gave you the feeling of getting Dark Souls for free.

dex3108

That is main issue i have with PSVR. It is cheapest HMD and people will go and buy it because of that. Many of those people will expect Uncharted 4 level of graphics and when they don;t get that they will think that VR is not ready/bad. PSVR is cheap but it is also lower spec device. That is why it can be great experience using it but also it could be bad.

And most people will drop 500$ only once for hardware before giving up.

yuraya

Konami are such dicks. They are giving a 50% off discount for anyone building their 2nd FOB this week. But only if you are building your second. Doesn't apply if you are building your 3rd or 4th. So fucked up. I almost have enough coins for my 4th and that 50% off would have been very nice.

Shame Konami. SHAME!!!!! Such a shit move.

cyba89

That is main issue i have with PSVR. It is cheapest HMD and people will go and buy it because of that. Many of those people will expect Uncharted 4 level of graphics and when they don;t get that they will think that VR is not ready/bad. PSVR is cheap but it is also lower spec device. That is why it can be great experience using it but also it could be bad.

And most people will drop 500$ only once for hardware before giving up.

I don't think graphics will be the problem here. I haven't tried VR myself but I think the new kind of experience will make the average costumer excited enough about VR even if the graphics are not Uncharted 4 quality.
The bigger issue will be how long people will be entertained with tech demos that are fun for maybe 30 minutes which will probably be the vast majority of the software lineup for VR in its first year.

The bigger issue will be how long people will be entertained with tech demos that are fun for maybe 30 minutes which will probably be the vast majority of the software lineup for VR in its first year.

Which is actually not true, at least for PC VR.

Elite Dangerous is a pretty long game.
Then you have Eve Valkyrie, Adr1ft, Ethan Carter, Subnautica, Mind: Path to Talasmus, that TCG game, Pollen, Project Cars, Rockband, ETS, Ark, Assembly, Trackmania Turbo etc.
Thats just some of the more "full fledged" games that have VR support.

People kinda underestimate or just dont know which games will be available for the VR headsets.

Jawmuncher

Which is actually not true, at least for PC VR.

Elite Dangerous is a pretty long game.
Then you have Eve Valkyrie, Adr1ft, Ethan Carter, Subnautica, Mind: Path to Talasmus, that TCG game, Pollen, Project Cars, Rockband, ETS, Ark, Assembly, Trackmania Turbo etc.
Thats just some of the more "full fledged" games that have VR support.

People kinda underestimate or just dont know which games will be available for the VR headsets.

Everyone here I hope is particularly talking about PSVR. PC VR stuff is fine, there's already a lot that showcases the hardware. The 3D art stuff alone is amazing.

Sarcasm

Thinking about boosting my Humble Bundle Jumbo 6 up to 12 bucks since its my birthday but I don't really play RTS (not that I don't like the genre its just I haven't really gotten around to it).

Anyone have an opinion on Lifeless Planet?

Stumbled onto it in my queue and it looked interesting. Now that it's on sale, I'm curious if it's worth $9.99 or should I wait for it to get cheaper?

d00d3n

Why is Steam taunting me with massive HTC Vive frontpage ads, but not allowing me to buy through Steam? Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom