• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Dex it's probably this year. This or For Honor (unless watch dogs 2 is happening) will be their holiday title.

One of the safehouses in The Division is an Ubisoft office and there are some For Honor ads inside. There's also a big blackboard that says "November, final push" or something like that.

JarrodL

Only 4 steam reviews currently available for Unknown Battle, but all of them are kind of hilarious to read.

6NzxzVK.png

dex3108

Ubisoft has 5 titles that are scheduled for launch by the end of the March next year. Ghost Recon, For Honor, South Park, Watch_Dogs 2 and unannounced AAA MMO like title. And it is not unusual that Ubisoft launches 3 games in Fall/Holiday period. So my guess is that at least Ghost Recon, WD2 and South Park will launch this year and For Honor + unannounced game in Q1 2017 (if there are no delays)

AHA-Lambda

I'm with Dex it's probably this year. This or For Honor (unless watch dogs 2 is happening) will be their holiday title.

I'd have guessed this year would be Watch Dogs 2 and For Honor actually =/

Ubisoft has 5 titles that are scheduled for launch by the end of the March next year. Ghost Recon, For Honor, South Park, Watch_Dogs 2 and unannounced AAA MMO like title. And it is not unusual that Ubisoft launches 3 games in Fall/Holiday period. So my guess is that at least Ghost Recon, WD2 and South Park will launch this year and For Honor + unannounced game in Q1 2017 (if there are no delays)

All 5 of those by March?

K, nvm then.

Nzyme32

Anyone still clinging to windows 7 for some reason should have completely disabled automatic updates by now.

Nah I'm cool - made sure the lappy and other computers are not supporting UEFI, but just good old Bios, which Win10 can't support

dex3108

All 5 of those by March?

K, nvm then.

Yeap

In 2016-17 the Company expects to achieve sales of around €1,700 million, non-IFRS operating
income of approximately €230 million and strong free cash flow generation. Ubisoft will launch a
very high-quality line-up, including For Honor®, South Park™ the Fractured but Whole™, Tom
Clancy’s Ghost Recon® WildLands, the next instalment of Watchdogs®, and a new high-potential
AAA brand with strong digital live services

http://hugin.info/143604/R/1985569/728229.pdf

chronomac

I went though my Humble account and found this supposedly unclaimed key.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Samorost 2 -- MB-5025F738733F6414 - Taken by Purkake4

Sorry if it doesn't work.

Knurek

Mind Zero

Owners: 441 ± 610

No one should support such a bad port. And seems according to SteamDB, nothing was done since the release...

This is why we won't see Persona 5 or other ATLUS JP games on Steam.
They damn well know only shitty Harvest Moon clones and iconic Ubisoft games sell well on Steam.

Durante

They damn well know only shitty Harvest Moon clones and iconic Ubisoft games sell well on Steam.
So what you are saying is that Persona 5 is roughly on par with Mind Zero. Makes sense.

redlemon

I would feel confident saying that no one is using Mind Zero as an example for anything.

Knurek

So what you are saying is that Persona 5 is roughly on par with Mind Zero. Makes sense.

I think I like Persona games even less than you do.
Can't say anything yet about P5, for obvious reasons, but if it's as good at being an RPG as P3 or P4 were, I don't think we're missing all that much for not having them on Steam.

OTOH, ATLUS should bring those good, proper RPGs. Like, you know, Nocturne, Strange Journey, Etrian Odyssey games.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I sold my soul on gleam to bring you these 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nyctophobia -- MB-B8BDF141E883248F - Taken by gurm3n
Indie game battle -- MB-587D79A6A08B5239 - Taken by SalsaShark. 1 entrants total.
Ace of words -- MB-1B85AE6EDE1E78C1 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1458061287z1.png

Anyone still clinging to windows 7 for some reason should have completely disabled automatic updates by now.
I love how Windows 7 did this by itself for me. Like I check for updates in windows update and it does absolutely nothing except consume a core and gradually eat all my RAM.

I'm wondering if this is a regional thing though or if people affected only postponed the scheduled upgrade rather than canceled it.

Li Kao

I admit to continuing with my Evil Within DLC playthrough even after vehemently declaring it shit. And yup, I think it's clear now that it will enter my gaming hall of fame as the game with the highest highs and lowest lows mixed in. Really strange to think about a game and only being able to feel 'it's so great' followed by 'oh God this shit' seconds later.

Can't say anything yet about P5, for obvious reasons, but if it's as good at being an RPG as P3 or P4 were, I don't think we're missing all that much for not having them on Steam.

OTOH, ATLUS should bring those good, proper RPGs. Like, you know, Nocturne, Strange Journey, Etrian Odyssey games.

Did you play the same P4 I did?

impact

Banned

We won't see Persona on Steam because a shitty Kmart knockoff game with a shitty dollar store port flopped? #logic

Persona 3 was fuckin awful anyway so I wouldn't be bothered if none of them came to Steam. But not a very solid argument nonetheless :p

Hektor

Tomorrow 9PM CET, Bochum HBF, Germany, fight me 1v1 m8, i'll be waitin'

Jawmuncher

Good. The reaction to this was overblown.

It goes both ways I think. Bethesda I think is why there was such a outcry. On PC mods just about fix those games to be better than they are. I don't think people were keen on having to pay for fan mods on top of their game which needs them.

I don't play Bethesda RPGs, I'm just saying I figure that's the take on that side.

Since the overall nature of mods are nice additions, but not necessarily needed.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It goes both ways I think. Bethesda I think is why there was such a outcry. On PC mods just about fix those games to be better than they are. I don't think people were keen on having to pay for fan mods on top of their game which needs them.

I don't play Bethesda RPGs, I'm just saying I figure that's the take on that side.

Since the overall nature of mods are nice additions, but not necessarily needed.

Then let the
mobile-authenticated
market bear that out.

I agree that the controversy was because it was Bethesda, a company with a storied history of DLC but a thriving mod-community. But ultimately, if this system were to be introduced with another developer, like a Valve, and opened-up, there's no way you could exclude Bethesda from using it so where's the argument, really? Let people do what they want with their money and this shit will figure itself out eventually.

My Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset is about gone. I have to jerry-rig the wire to get both headphones to work. I actually spend like 20 minutes sometimes trying to find the sweet spot.

And the mouse wheel on my Sensei Raw will push back in the opposite direction sometimes. So up gives a down right after.

I beat the hell out of both of these things so I am just going to get another Raw and the H1500 model.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Well, there is this tidbit from the FAQs:

Q: Are there any limitations on overly-aggressive systems creators might implement?

Creators should focus on rewards that provide premium value to pass owners without harming the experience of users who have not chosen to purchase a pass. If we see custom game developers implementing reward structures that are not in line with those goals, we will work with them to improve the design of their system. If necessary, we will suspend a custom game's ability to sell Custom Game Passes.

This seems reasonable to me, especially if Valve follows through on those "Custom Game Passes" that seem like they're just out to make a buck.

Knurek

Did you play the same P4 I did?

The one with uninspired, randomly generated dungeons? Filled with terrible, unnecessary loot?
With random encounters which were both tedious and boring?
With close to no strategy required to beat anything that wasn't a boss encounter?
Say what you will, P4 was a decent VN. But a honest to god terrible RPG.

serious.jpg

Paging morningbus. Paging dr morningbus.
Serious Sam Alien Breed edition.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Don't forget the Digital Devil Saga games!

I still have to finish up 2 one of these days.

edit: Humble BTA additions:
  • Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!
  • TransOcean: The Shipping Company
  • Shadowrun Returns

cyba89

From humble twitter:
"Today’s new bundle launches two hours later than usual — we’ll GDC you at 1 p.m. Pacific time!"

Salsa

carefully planning Hitman mission. not being seen, bodies not found. get costume to blend in

Dalia invites me to her office

bump into Dalia (target) while she's talking to me

she stop mid sentence and leaves. then when I get near she acts like she doesnt know me and "wants to be left alone"

I completely broke her AI pattern by accidentaly barely bumping into her

whole planning is ruined. If I load the game I lose all my challenges

this is some stupid-ass game design

even funnier: as I walk around thinking about how fucking dumb that was; I get disconnected from the servers and taken out to the main menu

cool!

this game is a great game at times despite everything about it's fucking self

From humble twitter:
"Today’s new bundle launches two hours later than usual — we’ll GDC you at 1 p.m. Pacific time!"

Curious. I'll check back. The current additions to Jumbo don't grab me apart from Shadowrun. Sometime down the line I'll get that and play it, maybe, maybe....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom