• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! -- MB-8A8338E5184B2CC4 - Taken by Large Professor. 12 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
TransOcean: The Shipping Company -- MB-0C7E6A95AE98C5F4 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.

t1458065968z1.png

have my poop

The one with uninspired, randomly generated dungeons? Filled with terrible, unnecessary loot?
With random encounters which were both tedious and boring?
With close to no strategy required to beat anything that wasn't a boss encounter?

The same could be said of pretty much any JRPG I've ever played, save for the "randomly generated dungeons".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Welp

r2CKKAC.png

Like I'm gonna work more and harder. Fuck this shit job.

Another comrade fallen to the might of Palo Alto Networks. Press F to pay respects.

C4rter

Leftovers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shadowrun Returns -- MB-360E32249197E3BB - Taken by thesaucetastic

Salsa

Salt and Sanctuary has the ugliest art style i've seen in a long time

big37lqh3.jpg

animation is dreadful too

I guess it must be really good to be reviewing so well since I thought it was just riding "it's like dark souls!!22!!" hype

but good god is it horrendous looking

Zeeman

big37lqh3.jpg

I guess it must be really good to be reviewing so well since I thought it was just riding "it's like dark souls!!22!!" hype

Those faces are just terrible

big37lqh3.jpg

that does look pretty ugly. I actually thought salt and sanctuary was that pixel art dark souls game, i don't remember what it was called. Just goes to show you how much I follow some of these games lol :p

zkylon

zkylewd
My reaction when it was revealed was something along the lines of "boy, if SC didn't sell really well, I can't wait to see how TC does. Maybe they can follow the 50% price increase model and sell less to continue the trend." ;)

Can you imagine if TC cost $45 at launch? I'm pretty sure the Trails fanatics in here would buy it, even if they had to work the street corners or sell plasma to raise that kind of dough. ;)
i mean depends on budget and expectations. if they sell it for more cos they can afford playing the long game then that's fine

i don't think tits 2 is unreasonably priced

i'd love to see a future where modders get paid for their work in a way that's not exploitative. i wonder if valve will find the way to do it but i'm not too optimistic

did zky mod the character portraits in platinum's TMNT?

k0aMBkt.png

uguuuu
salsa you never call me zky aww

this is a big moment for us <3

Saty

Here's an odd one: a Chinese mining company has bought Runescape developer Jagex for $300m.

That's according to the Financial Times and DealStreetAsia, which reports Shandong Hongda Mining Co Ltd, a ferrous metal mining firm that produces iron powder, copper powder and iron ore, picked up the British game company.

Jagex told Eurogamer it had yet to sign on the dotted line, but it looks like that's all that's left to do. Here's a statement:

Jagex has entered into a non-exclusive, non-binding arrangement for a potential acquisition. The negotiations surrounding the acquisition are ongoing and it remains very much business as usual for the Company.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...company-buys-runescape-dev-for-usd300m-report

Eh, I had Steam Authenticator enabled since Winter Sale but on Email. Now I wanted to sell a card (I know, I have neglected card business for a while) but it says I "haven't used the Authenticator for more than 7 days".
Only per phone. Stupid.

Parsnip

No one wanted to dance with me in Stardew.
I was devastated.

This may or may not be a common opinion, but I think all Ska Studios' games look like butt. I just can't stand the art at all.

This may or may not be a common opinion, but I think all Ska Studios' games look like butt. I just can't stand the art at all.

Some people like butts.
Like Sir Mix-a-lot.

And Ska Studios makes good games, even if you don't dig the art. :p

James confirmed via twitter the other day that Vampire Smile was still coming to PC and they were also working on Charlie Murder for Steam.

Indiegala are handing out Street Racing Syndicate. It has trading cards:
https://www.indiegala.com/store#giveaway

Eh, I had Steam Authenticator enabled since Winter Sale but on Email. Now I wanted to sell a card (I know, I have neglected card business for a while) but it says I "haven't used the Authenticator for more than 7 days".
Only per phone. Stupid.
Apparently email isn't two factor enough (as it is the same computer and RAT* is a thing that comes with some Steam accessing malware kits) and sending an SMS each time a $0.05 card is sold is not worth it hence the
cr
App solution. Don't ask anyone what happened to listings less than $x requiring no additional action or Windows phone users being completely fucked over (
I suspect this one is Valve don't like Windows apps being their most threatening competitor due to being bundled with the OS, Microsoft are doing a good job of making sure they are not a serious competitor though
) and forced to use dubious solutions like Steam desktop authenticator (you can encrypt the credentials via password giving you some protection from RAT).

*-Remote access trojan...I was seriously confused why malware kits would say COMES WITH A RAT until the acronym was explained (also another reason NOT TO USE ALL CAPS)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, put me in the camp that thought Salt and Sanctuary was EITR. EITR isn't hard on the eyes, unlike that screenshot Salsa posted lol

No one wanted to dance with me in Stardew.
I was devastated.
It's like high school all over again.

what's that about HB being late? Is it true? when is it?
Also an amazing bundle got even amazingerer, another game from my wishlist? Why are you so good HB? It's suspicious, you know
It's 1 PM PST, so I'm guessing 8 PM GMT?

Arthea

what's that about HB being late? Is it true? when is it?
Also an amazing bundle got even amazingerer, another game from my wishlist? Why are you so good HB? It's suspicious, you know

Apparently email isn't two factor enough (as it is the same computer and RAT* is a thing that comes with some Steam accessing malware kits) and sending an SMS each time a $0.05 card is sold is not worth it hence the
cr
App solution. Don't ask anyone what happened to listings less than $x requiring no additional action or Windows phone users being completely fucked over (
I suspect this one is Valve don't like Windows apps being their most threatening competitor due to being bundled with the OS, Microsoft are doing a good job of making sure they are not a serious competitor though
) and forced to use dubious solutions like Steam desktop authenticator (you can encrypt the credentials via password giving you some protection from RAT).

*-Remote access trojan...I was seriously confused why malware kits would say COMES WITH A RAT until the acronym was explained (also another reason NOT TO USE ALL CAPS)
Mh, hope Valve put more effort (and money) into their security after the last hacks/issues. Now that I gave them my phone number, I'd hate to see scammers get their hands on it.

It's only one tap to confirm sales but it ought to get a tad annoying when I'm selling several dozens of cards. Hm, no other way it seems.

Mivey

It's only one tap to confirm sales but it ought to get a tad annoying when I'm selling several dozens of cards. Hm, no other way it seems.
No other way? Why not simply allow me to put multipe cards into ONE PACKAGE? So you would only have to acknowledge it ONCE, INSTEAD OF 132 TIMES! Whoever at Valve thought this through is a complete moron. For a software company, they sure suck at actually designing good software.

No other way? Why not simply allow me to put multipe cards into ONE PACKAGE? So you would only have to acknowledge it ONCE, INSTEAD OF 132 TIMES! Whoever at Valve thought this through is a complete moron. For a software company, they sure suck at actually designing good software.
Ha, I agree. I meant no other way to do it for me at the moment it seems ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom