• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Could be the Icewind Dale to PoE's Baldur's Gate, or vice versa if you think PoE was too combat heavy.

I'm fine with RTWP or turn-based honestly. Surprised but happy it's coming out this year.

Jawmuncher

I just don't want the game to lock me out from beating it. PoE has the hole of no return sure.
But I shouldn't be able to get to the last boss with ease and actually be too under-leveled for the actual final boss...on easy.

Yeah, PoE's combat was fun, but there was just so much of it. I'd have appreciated more of a focus on conserving resources, resting, wounds, etc, rather than wearing players down through sheer enemy numbers.
I just don't want the game to lock me out from beating it. PoE has the hole of no return sure.
But I shouldn't be able to get to the last boss with ease and actually be too under-leveled for the actual final boss...on easy.

It does save before you enter the no-return.

But yeah, the final boss is a huge difficulty spike that I struggle to call fair. I don't remember any specifics, just that I hated it.

Yeah, PoE's combat was fun, but there was just so much of it. I'd have appreciated more of a focus on conserving resources, resting, wounds, etc, rather than wearing players down through sheer enemy numbers.

But yeah, the final boss is a huge difficulty spike that I struggle to call fair. I don't remember any specifics, just that I hated it.
Giant damage soaking statues surround your party in open ground, where the game completely threw formation mechanics out of the window.

Jawmuncher

Giant damage soaking statues surround your party in open ground, where the game completely threw formation mechanics out of the window.

Yeah dunno if they patched it but the last boss was ridiculous. Had to use the console commands to beat it (By making my level a few higher) and I still barely did it.

Dsyndrome

Yeah dunno if they patched it but the last boss was ridiculous. Had to use the console commands to beat it (By making my level a few higher) and I still barely did it.
I had to do that with Planescape: Torment's final boss; not high enough skill to talk my way through, not strong enough to hit him worth anything. Felt pretty guilty, but I couldn't go back to level up.

Cth

Woo hoo, finally finished moving, and got my first paycheck from the new full time job (it's been six long years working part time jobs)

Anything major released in the past two weeks worth mentioning? I might do another giveaway so if you have any recommendations I'd appreciate it!

Woo hoo, finally finished moving, and got my first paycheck from the new full time job (it's been six long years working part time jobs)

Anything major released in the past two weeks worth mentioning? I might do another giveaway so if you have any recommendations I'd appreciate it!

Congrats.

If you're looking for major stuff that came out in the last few weeks, I would say:
Deathsmiles
SUPERHOT
Danganronpa

People around these parts also seem to like:
Stardew Valley
Factorio
The Division

Danganronpa 2 preorders just went up too. So did Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

People, feel free to hop in here, I'm sure I'm missing things.

Soulflarz

Banned
HB_Poster_PlayStation_Store.jpg

ninja theory's makin an alt rock album

ewww

Jawmuncher

so Aliens: Colonial Marines is 2 bucks on Nuuvem, is there any fun to be had with it?

Yes. If you take it as a shooter from the 90's it's not bad at all especially at that price. To me it feels like a time capsule of gaming, much like duke nukem forever.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wouldn't mind if Obsidian cut down the amount of enemy encounters, and focus on stories and choices instead.
idk, i enjoyed both

i kind of want obs to make an almost exclusively systems based game like mount & blade

like there's some dynamic storytelling and there's a world and characters but not necessarily a straight rpg like they've been doing

just want to see how their take on that would be

Ozium

got my new rig built everything works... yay

formatting drives and getting drivers now etc. can't wait to play some games

what's a good game to push dis thing?

i7-6700k
16gb RAM
R9 390

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
got my new rig built everything works... yay

formatting drives and getting drivers now etc. can't wait to play some games

what's a good game to push dis thing?

i7-6700k
16gb RAM
R9 390

Arkham Knight, GTA5, Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Elite: Dangerous, and whatever bit of Star Citizen you can try out are what occurs off the top of my head.

Ozium

Arkham Knight, GTA5, Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Elite: Dangerous, and whatever bit of Star Citizen you can try out are what occurs off the top of my head.

GTA5 and ROTTER sound good...

I also got Hitman I should give that a shot, but I've heard there has been performance issues :/

Jadax

XCOM TIPS

when you see this shit:

YwTM6aM.jpg

count your fucking blessings

tpcToEe.jpg

fuck my GODDAMN DICK

Shit like this is exactly why I try to avoid neogaf after a hyped game comes out, because now I want the game, but the steam sale is 3 months away, and now all I can think of is creating a squad, training them, researching stuff, building my base, kicking some alien butt, and using my super strats to win.

Damn you Salsa. Just damn you.

Nabs

Verdict Guilty - 유죄 평결

Verdict Guilty is a 90's style fighting game featuring unique hand and gun combat set in the dangerous city of Neo Seoul. Neo Seoul has been hit with a wave of
terrorist and crime attacks, only a few good officers remain willing to battle this new evil. Discover the dark secrets of Neo Seoul as you fight your way

It's $2.24, and will be in Early Access for about a month.

dot

Verdict Guilty - 유죄 평결

Verdict Guilty is a 90's style fighting game featuring unique hand and gun combat set in the dangerous city of Neo Seoul. Neo Seoul has been hit with a wave of
terrorist and crime attacks, only a few good officers remain willing to battle this new evil. Discover the dark secrets of Neo Seoul as you fight your way

neo seoul?

i'm in

Milamber

Verdict Guilty - 유죄 평결

Any NTR finishers?

GlUKgzX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom