• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
CdvasOvUsAAwZ1x.jpg:large

from the official psvr presentation... 60 fps for vr? ew

sour? :^)

What does that mean? I mean why is the PCMR crossed off?

The PC headsets all are 90HZ IIRC. And depending on your PC, you can choose how you want the games to run on it (Ultra, High, Low Details) in VR.

In Japanese?

ルートダブル -Before Crime * After Days-

Ruutu Daberu.

Ozium

after playing a bit of far cry primal on uplay I am beginning to feel remorse about not grabbing those uplay humble bundles

here's hoping for a third

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What does that mean? I mean why is the PCMR crossed off?

Probably because 60fps+ framerates are associated with the PC far more than consoles. 60fps on a fixed hardware platform means considerable concessions in visual fidelity, though, and 60fps as a certification requirement for PSVR titles will be as ill-fated as MS' attempt to enforce 720p and 2x FSAA as the minimum standard for X360 games.

Hektor

Probably because 60fps+ framerates are associated with the PC far more than consoles. 60fps on a fixed hardware platform means considerable concessions in visual fidelity, though, and 60fps as a certification requirement for PSVR titles will be as ill-fated as MS' attempt to enforce 720p and 2x FSAA as the minimum standard for X360 games.

Isn't a decent framerate quite nessecary to prevent people from getting motion sick?

JarrodL

But it really is the bare minimum for VR (in fact, it's probably not quite enough), any less and the whole VR presence effect is shattered, or worse - motion sickness-like undesireable effects start to manifest.

Dr Dogg

Oh I get it . You all hate Uplay when games are full price. But available for pennies you all come flocking in your droves! I'm on to you SteamGAF.

DarKshodaN

I am also interested in this 2 Games, don't think i get them for a cheap price in the BST Thread.

Maybe here is someone around to help me to get this 2 Games for a cheap price?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But it really is the bare minimum for VR (in fact, it's probably not quite enough), any less and the whole VR presence effect is shattered, or worse - motion sickness-like undesireable effects start to manifest.

I'm not saying that we'll see VR games with unstable 30fps framerates that massively impact the experience. 60fps will be the target, no doubt, but enforcing that as an absolute minimum strikes me as decidedly unrealistic. I'll be surprised if Sony sticks to its guns and doesn't turn a blind eye to small framerate drops.

Arthea

Oh I get it . You all hate Uplay when games are full price. But available for pennies you all come flocking in your droves! I'm on to you SteamGAF.

It's true that I won't get it otherwise, at least not any time soon, seeing as I haven't even fixed my PC yet, but for $1, I totally would.

edited: rest assured, though, very slim chance of that happening

yuraya

IGN rated a mainstream triple A below 7? Haven't seen that in a while.

I know right. They give out 9s and 10s to just about anything that is half broken or half decent. They must have really been bored with it.

IGN gave The Order: 1886 a 6.5 out of 10.

Ubisoft just barely dodged a bullet there.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

qzNSxgo.jpg
A dark room iOS -- MB-B70C0245D0362B87 - Taken by Zeeman

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Is ztd getting ported by the dangan pc team and published by spike chunsoft?
As the steam logo is only shown on the Japanese trailer and not in the aksys one.

Pachimari

Some amazing games at the moment. Can't believe I'm playing both Hitman and The Division now. And I'm thinking of either getting Stardew Valley or That Dragon, Cancer.

yuraya

There was a stream of Dark Souls 3 the other day from Japan where they showed off some stuff including the new battle arts.

I had to make a gif because of how cool that shit looked. Very bad quality gif tho since it was first on Ustream and then Youtube.

I'll put hte gif in spoiler tags for those of you who don't wanna see it.

FewPhonyBubblefish.gif

sogood.jpg

Jawmuncher

We've reached extreme levels if weapon moves need to be spoiler tagged.

When COD comes out no one better post the new ADS sights.

Forget that, I want The Great Ace Attorney to be released in the west. It'll never happen though. =[

I still hope that one day it will!

That might be and I am not sure whether the law is the same in the US, but in Germany that would be considered fraud if you make up a company and pose as one to buy things.

In the US, it depends what level you are operating at. If you make up some name and go around calling yourself that, there is no issue. Its when you start accepting money that you have to start registering. Even then, it's to protect you from misunderstandings in civil court.

Kwigo

Banned
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm looking for a "tycoon" game on steam that's easy in the beginning (meaning I don't need to know about everything in the first 3 or 4 hours of playing) and preferably not a city builder (but if you can suggest one that's actually good, why the heck not!).

I never really played much of those games and would love something colorfull and not too hardcore. It would be great if it's kinda recent ( = with decent graphics).

Here are my PC specs:
i5 2500K
nVidia GTX9500
8GB RAM

Thanks and sorry if this is not the place this this, I didn't find a "what should I play?" kind of thread.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm looking for a "tycoon" game on steam that's easy in the beginning (meaning I don't need to know about everything in the first 3 or 4 hours of playing) and preferably not a city builder (but if you can suggest one that's actually good, why the heck not!).

I never really played much of those games and would love something colorfull and not too hardcore. It would be great if it's kinda recent ( = with decent graphics).

Here are my PC specs:
i5 2500K
nVidia GTX9500
8GB RAM

Thanks and sorry if this is not the place this this, I didn't find a "what should I play?" kind of thread.

Cities : Skyline

Rafy

If anyone grabbed an extra copy of Ashes of the Singularity due to the glitch I can trade CIV3 Complete, Tropico 4 collector's bundle and KOTOR 1-2 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom