• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/16/11250602/zero-time-dilemma-releases-date-steam-port

I assume this means they got that info

guess sayin there's no plans is a bit harsher than "not currently in the works"

999 being a DS game and all is probably not happening.. ever since the sequel they at least have the layground on a single screen setup with the Vita and all. they probably use that version to port

it's funny cause 999 had a PC demo on a website

That's a terrible idea :/

I probly won't bother with ZE3 then, what's the point?

Damn

IGN gave The Division a 6.7 out of 10.

And PC Gamer gave it a 68.

deandreohmy.gif

I'd agree with this, but only if you use the full scale which IGN never does :p

I just wanted a cover shooter and it does that job fairly well, the rest of it is either trash or irrelevant to me.

I think they will, although I wonder if ZE3 only references the first game mildly if at all and somehow manages to be standalone but still tie in to the other 2 games.

ZE3 might not reference the actual story of 999 but there are concepts and characters that matter throughout the entire series.

Who knows though. There are still people out there who believe that you don't need to play 999 before VLR, so there will probably be a contingent of people who think you don't need to have any history with the Zero Escape series before you play ZE3.

Uzzy

GDC confirmed for being a pretty damn decent awards show.

GDC Awards
Best Debut
Moon Studios (Ori and the Blind Forest)

Best Audio
Crypt of the NecroDancer (Brace Yourself Games)

Innovation Award
Her Story (Sam Barlow)

Best Technology
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (CD Projekt RED)

Best Visual Art
Ori and the Blind Forest (Moon Studios)

Best Narrative
Her Story (Sam Barlow)

Best Design
Rocket League (Psyonix)

Best Handheld/Mobile Game
Her Story (Sam Barlow)

Audience Award
Life is Strange (DONTNOD Entertainment)

Game of the Year
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (CD Projekt RED)

Pioneer Award
Markus "Notch" Persson

Ambassador Award
Tracy Fullerton

Lifetime Achievement Award
Todd Howard

IGF awards
Excellence in Narrative ($3,000)
Her Story (Sam Barlow)

Excellence in Audio ($3,000)
Mini Metro (Dinosaur Polo Club)

Excellence in Design ($3,000)
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (Steel Crate Games)

Excellence in Visual Art ($3,000)
Oxenfree (Night School Studio)

ID@Xbox Rising Star Award
(Girls Make Games - The Hole Story)

Nuovo Award ($5,000)
Cibele (Star Maid Games)

Best Student Game ($3,000)
Beglitched (Jennifer Jiao Hsia and Alec Thomson)

Audience Award ($3,000)
Undertale (Toby Fox)

Seumas McNally Grand Prize ($30,000)
Her Story (Sam Barlow)

Dr Dogg

So I'm really digging The Division and want to get the Season Pass, but $40? No thanks ubi.

Hence why I sprang for the Gold Ed at around the same price Steam were selling the base game.

But yeah I'm quite liking it. 20 hours in, done 50% of the story missions, cleared out all but 2 of the southern zones, rank 10 in the Dark Zone and up to level 15 overall. While have cooped a few story missions, seeing as they scale to your level and party size on hard I think I'm going to leave proper cooping until rank 30 where the real loot game will begin. Been difficult not to spend my resources as I know I'll buy something from a vendor or craft something that will be obsolete pretty fast at the mo.

can get it for $32 from GMG with that 20% off voucher...and Nuuvem has it for about $22 but I'm not sure if the key is region locked or anything (the site says it is but people last week said the game didn't have any locks so no idea)

if you have to buy the Steam version then full price is the only option I think

Yeah, would be great if one could add uplay season passes to Steam uplay games, but it doesn't work.

One issue happens if the DLC/Season Pass item needs to download something as Steam is managing your content distribution. Due to not having a licence for the content it will never download it. Stuff that's unlockable content (ie included with the intial game files) work though. For example I've got the Uplay Special Edition of Black Flag which includes the Aveline DLC but only the Standard Edition on Steam but can play the DLC fine on the Steam version.

Another issue is that Uplay now sees titles on Steam, Origin and Uplay itself as individual applications with unique identifiers. Some do grant you the DLC for the Uplay version if you by DLC on Steam or Origin but never the other wat round (and also in part to the above as well).

Damn

IGN gave The Division a 6.7 out of 10.

And PC Gamer gave it a 68.

I know right? Scales of 100 when folks are dropping review scores entirely. Next we'll see the return of quantifying Graphics, Sound and Gameplay with a numerical metric too.

More seriously I can easily see why folks might be a bit indifferent to The Division or flat out not like it at all. Christ half of the regulars in this thread probably will genuinely not be keen on some of the more Ubisoftness about it. Me? I can't get enough of the Ubijank. Although Ubisoft's world building collectable script department need a kick up the arse. It's not Watch_Dogs level cringe but not far from it.

Which achievement of Todd Howard's got him the gong? Duping us they're using a new engine on their titles for the umpteenth time?

lol at this opening: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...new-game-out-soon-and-its-electrifyingly-good

Some of you will never be happy if it's not Half-Life 3, or at least another Left 4 Dead. Some of you just want to know what's in the next update for Dota 2, Counter-Strike: GO or Team Fortress 2. Some of you are still pretending that Steam Machines are going to be a thing. And some of you are wondering if Valve is really a game developer any more, or just a particularly idiosyncratic, not to say gnomic, platform company with more revenue than it knows what to do with and a habit of half-indulging its whims. (Hello, Steam Controller.)

Well guess what, Valve the game developer still exists, and it still has the goods. At GDC this week I played Valve's next game, which will be out in the next month or so and which is bloody brilliant.

Alright, so The Lab will be free, and is no more than a Portal-themed collection of virtual reality demos designed to show off the capabilities of the HTC Vive headset. But it's no less than a totally thrilling gaming experience assembled with a characteristic mix of humour, invention and finesse. Welcome back, Valve-the-game-developer.

AHA-Lambda

At GDC this week I played Valve's next game, which will be out in the next month or so and which is bloody brilliant.

603.gif

Alright, so The Lab will be free, and is no more than a Portal-themed collection of virtual reality demos designed to show off the capabilities of the HTC Vive headset.

FG39BTa.gif

It just dawned on me:

The ZTD news is basically a confirmation of Danganronpa 3 on Steam, probably launchday too.
OypR4Lb.gif

I think Danganronpa 3 getting a Steam port down the line...maybe even when launched with the localization versions was a given seeing how good the sales are so far with Danganronpa: THH.

Pachimari

Oh shit, I gotta get a Season Pass for The Division as well, of course!

I paid 40 dollars for the base game, which I assume were a good price. Where is the Season Pass cheapest?

We all know it will sell at least a fifth of LTD on Steam before release (2200 backers on Kickstarter, while the X360 version had 6599 sales with PS3 one adding 2567) but I wonder if it will have further legs.
Sure hope so.

I think such titles could easily sell well with the right marketing. I mean people look forward to the new Zero Escape and liked Danganronpa. If you sell it to those people, you could get some of them.
(Or just make it "moe" and sell it to the Nekopara crowd ;)

My VN will be called Lamp;Lemonade - The next egg water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom