• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Really? You put it even worse than Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy? Worse than Ar Tonelico Qoga?

what's your problem with Ar Tonelico Qoga exactly? I don't mean a game, I have enough problems with a game itself, but a name.

Dissidia Duodecim or no is worth dissing any day, tho
But my number one is still Bravely Default, I just can't get over it, I will with time. And I have problems with all and any Kingdom Heards game naming past first two.

I shouldn't have clicked that...
modders are insane, it has been proven time and again

Wireless xbox one controller question. Some games (the division), when your controller unsyncs for a second, or if it turns off, you have to restart the entire game to use the controller again. In other games when it turns on or resyncs it just keeps working. Is this just a game to game thing or is there anything I an do about it?

what's your problem with Ar Tonelico Qoga exactly? I don't mean a game, I have enough problems with a game itself, but a name.

But my number one is still Bravely Default, I just can't get over it, I will with time. And I have problems with all and any Kingdom Heards game naming past first two.

Then they doubled down and called the sequel Bravely Second.

Infinite Undiscovery is pretty bad, though. One of those words isn't even a word and it's not so creative of a non-word that it's worth letting pass. It just sucks.

Arthea

Then they doubled down and called the sequel Bravely Second.

Infinite Undiscovery is pretty bad, though. One of those words isn't even a word and it's not so creative of a non-word that it's worth letting pass. It just sucks.

The funny part about Infinite Undiscovery is that even doesn't make sense, it kinda would if it was named Infinite Discovery (or even better Finite Discovery *laughs) though, I have no idea why they went with undiscovery, it makes no sense.

edited: I still would buy it again, if ever released on PC, cuz tri-Ace magic.

Because it's completely incomprehensible. First they came up with Ar Tonelico, which again is basically a collection of sounds as opposed to actual words...then when they needed a sequel it's like they said "let's just add another word that makes no sense!"

I tried to make a March Madness pool at work and emailed the 20 people on my team. 4 hours before tip and there are 3 entries. I'm one of the three.

I work with a bunch of nerds.....

Is this easy enough for a beginner?

To start? yes. It's basically what Sim City wished it was. Zone some shit and add utilities.

With most 'tycoon' games, the complexity comes when you expand.

Oh I get it . You all hate Uplay when games are full price. But available for pennies you all come flocking in your droves! I'm on to you SteamGAF.

misc-true-story-l.jpg

Dr Dogg

If anyone can explain exactly where Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue fits in to the series without confusing peeps or sounding like a berk you get a pat on the head.

Arthea

Because it's completely incomprehensible. First they came up with Ar Tonelico, which again is basically a collection of sounds as opposed to actual words...then when they needed a sequel it's like they said "let's just add another word that makes no sense!"
but it's a name of the world, I mean Ar Tonelico, a lot of names make no sense,
so I still don't see your problem

If anyone can explain exactly where Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue fits in to the series without confusing peeps or sounding like a berk you get a pat on the head.

good luck with that

Kwigo

Banned
I tried to make a March Madness pool at work and emailed the 20 people on my team. 4 hours before tip and there are 3 entries. I'm one of the three.

I work with a bunch of nerds.....

To start? yes. It's basically what Sim City wished it was. Zone some shit and add utilities.

With most 'tycoon' games, the complexity comes when you expand.

Thanks, I'll look into it :)

Ludens

Banned

Aqua's chapter is right after Birth of Sleep.
The proper game is right after Kingdom Hearts 2, it's the last game in the franchise basically.
Birth by sleep was a prequel, anyway.

The novel, I don't know, it will probably be garbage and I doubt someone will spend time watching that.

Anyway I think I'll drop Hitman Contracs. It's too glitchy, when you do an action, one time you get spotted for no reason, another time all goes ok, another time that cutscene won't trigger at all. I thought with the HD Collection release SE fixed some bugs, but it seems those games are exactly the old PC versions, so bugs carried over.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I don't think Bravely Default sounds too bad. It's a bit silly, but has a nice ring to it. Bravely Second is stupid, though.

To me the worst offender is the Need for Speed franchise. Not because of the titles themselves, but because they are used in such a way that makes it virtually impossible to know which game you're talking about. If I say Most Wanted, am I talking about 2005's entry or 2012's? If I say Hot Pursuit, is it NFS 3: Hot Pursuit, which is the third game in the series? Or is it NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, which is the sixth? Or am I referring to the unnumbered NFS Hot Pursuit, which is actually the third game in the Hot Pursuit sub-series (and the 16th overall or so)? And what about plain ol' Need for Speed (1994 and 2015)? You can go mad by trying to comprehend this mess.

Nah. It's obviously going to look and run better on PC and Vita but I'm still strangely compelled to play it on 3DS because that's where I played the other two games. It's weird.

Nothing weird about that. I think it was part of the reason why I picked up MGSV on the PS4 (PS4 is a BEAST, in case anyone hasn't heard yet.)

As for Kingdom Hearts, it's a series that I've always thought fondly of even though I've never played it. I think the premise is just kinda cool. A little kiddy, a little not. Classic Square elements.

But I was at a weird time in my life when those starting coming out, just floating around mostly, living with people that would let me, playing the games they had or the Nintendo collection I had in my trunk that I eventually gave away. Power Pad, glove, OG in the box NES, games in boxes... given away...

And now I'd like to try it out but my PS3 is doing a Red Screen of Death or Dying on me. So, unless anyone knows of a fix for it, or of an impending PC collection release, I probably never will give the series a go.

Arthea

I don't think Bravely Default sounds too bad. It's a bit silly, but has a nice ring to it. Bravely Second is stupid, though.

To me the worst offender is the Need for Speed franchise. Not because of the titles themselves, but because they are used in such a way that makes it virtually impossible to know which game you're talking about. If I say Most Wanted, am I talking about 2005's entry or 2012's? If I say Hot Pursuit, is it NFS 3: Hot Pursuit, which is the third game in the series? Or is it NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, which is the sixth? Or am I referring to the unnumbered NFS Hot Pursuit, which is actually the third game in the Hot Pursuit sub-series (and the 16th overall or so)? And what about plain ol' Need for Speed (1994 and 2015)? You can go mad by trying to comprehend this mess.

it's more of a case series being convoluted mess, I actually think that Need for Speed is one of the best game names, although I use N4S which I like too.
but I wonder what they reasoning was making double entries with the same name, or numbering being all over the place.

This won't make sense. Zero Escape 3 is a direct sequel to VLR. VLR foreshadows the events of ZE3 and ends on a cliffhanger. Even if they somehow make ZE3 into a standalone game it would be a travesty not to know the previous half of the story.

They have to port the older games to Steam first.

Nah, they really don't. VLR worked fine as a standalone game. I was able to enjoy the game for what it was and enjoy the story. If they follow the same path, the third game will be just fine, just as so many sequels in franchises have been before.

This is a normal response.

I think they will, although I wonder if ZE3 only references the first game mildly if at all and somehow manages to be standalone but still tie in to the other 2 games.

Quite possibly. Depending on what's going on there may be references or characters who someone who has played both previous games would recognize or get more from, but I'm sure it's being done in a way so that people who have never played 999 or VLR can play and enjoy it.

Only thing we need now is a Phoenix Wright Legacy Collection on Steam.
Hear that Capcom? That's the sound of an avalanche of digital currency coming your way.

There are a lot of games that Capcom could port to get this "avalanche of digital currency". The AA games are not one that would pull anything from my wallet, however.

You forgot Ghost Trick.:")

And a plethora of other quality titles.

That's a terrible idea :/
I probly won't bother with ZE3 then, what's the point?

To put a game out for people to buy and enjoy, "probly".

ZE3 might not reference the actual story of 999 but there are concepts and characters that matter throughout the entire series.

Who knows though. There are still people out there who believe that you don't need to play 999 before VLR, so there will probably be a contingent of people who think you don't need to have any history with the Zero Escape series before you play ZE3.

There are tons of people who played VLR without playing 999 first. And I'm sure a good deal of them enjoyed VLR and will possibly even buy ZE3. If they do a good job with the writing, they can explain all of those concepts and introduce all of those characters as ZE3 progresses in some way.

Will those people have the same experience as the people who have played the previous two entries? No. But they'll still be able to play and enjoy the game most likely, the way people have been doing with games coming to new platforms without having their previous entries available to them have been doing for years.

It's a damn sight better than TLOU anyway >_>

giphy.gif

I watched LG Ultrawide Curved Monitor (34UC98) | Review and while that specific monitor is lacking (no gsync, only 60Hz) at that price (1300), the 21:9 form factor and high resolution of 3440 x 1440 make me froth at it. Media consumption, browsing, gaming, they all must be really nice on that.
---
Below: Death's Door Trailer Recommend watching this Gamersyde version. Youtube butchers all details of the small objects.
---
Salt and Sanctuary Quicklook

I know the thread was pretty down on the art for this, but this quicklook makes the game look pretty neat. Lots of good stuff there, lots of comparisons to classics--Souls obviously, but some Symphony of the Night and the skill tree is the FFX Sphere Grid/Path of Exile board. The 2nd boss fight was pretty intense too.
The faces weird me out a bit but honestly, I don't agree. To me it looks moody and very nice.

The ZE games all work off of one another so let's not mislead people and tell them they're fine just jumping into the third game when, if anything, ZE3 is incredibly reliant on elements from VLR given that it's much more of a direct sequel to it than VLR is to 999

Telling someone that you can just jump right into ZE3 reminds me of when EA said that you could just jump right in with Mass Effect 3 or Konami said that you can just jump right it with MGS4. Sure, you could, but good luck not feeling like you're missing something in the process

There are so few people that buy gaming enthusiast grade monitors, manufactures could only do a few models at once. There are 2560X1080 ones, maybe you could look into that.
It's stupid that Nvidia and AMD couldn't settle on one standard for monitor manufactures to adapt it faster.

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Masked Shooters 2 -- MB-8410D02AA632F8C2 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! -- MB-2DF440F4878008E7 - Taken by TheAutomator. 5 entrants total.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-B7E8D368B93A624B - Taken by Intel. 1 entrants total.
Caveman Craig -- MB-F94B4994471EC5D5 - Taken by Red Hood. 1 entrants total.
iO -- MB-48EB138C459570B3 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Teslagrad -- MB-7201E0F3B00D0C5A - Taken by doctorcdcs. 1 entrants total.
Hydraulic Empire -- MB-27CCC38AF4788EF2 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
Sword 'N' Board -- MB-A438D0F83FB0C458 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-16B1AB00B964249A
Hordelicious -- MB-222651DB4E690744 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Oceanhorn -- MB-20C7112E0F53EA81 - Taken by Buraindo. 3 entrants total.
Belladonna -- MB-CF2AB7E28F3FCAC0 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Pixeljunk Eden -- MB-FB101DEB3D3174B7 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Fasaria World Online -- MB-51B282140CEC062A - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Space Pilgrim Episode 1 -- MB-A8064C6173A0F140 - Taken by 3bdelillah. 1 entrants total.
The Ball -- MB-DE43900CF3CDAC7D - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
This Book is a Dungeon -- MB-A74EAE29B59CE9C5 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Magicka 2 -- MB-3E766B9A93A2127C - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Badland GOTY Edition -- MB-3CE54543EBF54D4E - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
Ultimate Arena -- MB-4DA452361FADA38F - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Proto Raider -- MB-2E72BEC97F8E4EB5 - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.

t1458224077z1.png
dot

it's a shame that Scott Pilgrim beat 'em up never came out on PC. I was in the mood for a good final final-like and now i need to dust off my damn ps3 just to punch a cartoon

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

qzNSxgo.jpg
A Dark Room iOS -- MB-3BB9D3CB91CE97E3

Getting in on that Hotline Miami with the sale, why did I wait this long?

How is video game music this good? Damn.

The music is pretty good yeah.

I still haven't played or bought the second game. From what I've gathered it's not nearly as good, so I'm waiting for a big sale or an inclusion in a monthly bundle.

Eila

Apparently it did but it got pulled soon after due to being a licensed game.

Nah it did not come to PC at all.
It did get pulled from XBLA and PSN due to licensing issues. I think you could still buy codes from Gamestop and the like until recently, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom