• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

i've watched some videos and if the one you're referring to is the one in the "white arena place" (best description i can think of) then that one didn't look too bad

i had more trouble with some of the ones i've seen hanging on the ceiling in some screenshots, those looked really realistic and much harder to deal with for me than the ones in spidercove in dsk2

Those aren't really spiders, but are physically close enough, and they do grab you. The largest among them is an (optional) boss.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Doogie dont get banned

I need to see your avatar now and then, it soothes me

Firebrand

Authorised Distributor means that the keys are sourced from retail copies, so, yeah, the setup is exactly the same as "legitimate" resellers -- stock is purchased in bulk from distributors, but this isn't something that's recognised as authorised distribution from the perspective of the publishers themselves, so there's the risk of the keys being revoked at a later date.

Hmm, alright. Not so worried about keys being revoked as GMG would have to be responsible for supplying new ones if that happens, but I do wonder what the source country would be when checked through the Steam console, if they're still UK/whatever copies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Those aren't really spiders, but are physically close enough, and they do grab you. The largest among them is an (optional) boss.
size isn't that big of a factor for me, it's mostly animation and shape, and those look and move the way i don't like heh. it's also mood/atmosphere, like entering a dark basement and seeing some spiderwebs on a corner or something triggers my "spider mode" and i get really paranoid and stressed out, and from what i saw that's kind of the situation they're at in bloodborne

so yeah, not in a huge hurry to play it. i kinda want to watch a let's play just cos it looks so freaking cool but i don't want to spoil it for myself in case i ever get to it really late like i did with dks1 or demons

so

between Retro/Grade and NiGHTS into Dreams, anyone have an opinion on which i should play next?

I'm coming off of another 15 hourish game and I would love to sneak in a short game or two from the backlog to feel like im really making some progress.

kagamin

Doogie dont get banned

8lEDMvf.png

Dr Dogg

Doogie dont get banned

I said some right stupid things and be a horrible bastard to some posters in my time here (out of character of course) and either I've dodged a couple of bullets or I'm the least of the staff's issues.

I usually back my posts up if I've got something to say and pretty much always play the ball not the man.

The English trailer was from Aksys and I don't think they will publish it on PC.

Considering everyone in West claim it's coming later, but Famitsu is saying it's coming at the same time... I'm worried the PC version in west might be delayed for contracts reason.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
to be fair, Sega cant even be trusted to force themselves to port their own games to PC even after Valkyria Chronicles took off like a bat out of hell.

I mean what meaningful port have they done since? Fucking Sonic Lost Worlds?

They're nearing Konami levels of incompetency

I was surprised that Bayonetta wasn't first given the internal PC port is far along enough that it supports 3D Vision.

Ganado

Considering everyone in West claim it's coming later, but Famitsu is saying it's coming at the same time... I'm worried the PC version in west might be delayed for contracts reason.

That would be retarded, but who knows... I can't see it being released on PC same day in Japan only.

I was surprised that Bayonetta wasn't first given the internal PC port is far along enough that it supports 3D Vision.

SEGA's PC port strategy is totally random at this point. They were lucky to choose Valkyria Chronicles, it was a success and they didn't changed their strategy, releasing games without making sense.

That would be retarded, but who knows... I can't see it being released on PC same day in Japan only.

Think of it this way... the Steam version will be published by Spike Chunsoft. What if Aksys asked them, in contract, to not release it until some months in West, to not eat into Aksys' revenue in West ?

Ozium

Far Cry primal is pretty fun... I have no idea wtf I'm supposed to do.. find lost tribesmen? I dunno... I just run around the map to various icons that reward me spiritually and mentally.

Ubiquitous

Also I will say again Plioscene era better than any Dinosaur crap.. Mammoths FTW

dex3108

Far Cry primal is pretty fun... I have no idea wtf I'm supposed to do.. find lost tribesmen? I dunno... I just run around the map to various icons that reward me spiritually and mentally.

Ubiquitous

Ozium enjoying in UPlay and Far Cry Primal?! Something is wrong! :D

Endruen

Ubiquitous

Also I will say again Plioscene era better than any Dinosaur crap.. Mammoths FTW

In ARK you have both ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ozium

In ARK you have both ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I literally just started ARK for the first time... woke up on a beach, then it said I was hungry so I beat a dodo to death.. but couldn't get food from it? dunno what the fuck was going on...

then I died.

why can't these survival games have tutorials

Pandemic

Wasn't sure where to ask this question so I apologise for asking here.

Is anyone familiar with Nvidia's, Shadowplay?

Whilst playing, FPS is perfectly fine, but when I record something and play it back, there are times throughout the video that it stutters and the FPS drops.

Only started happening recently.. Any ideas?

Pachimari

i tried playing a Disgaea game on the Vita that was given away via PS+ and i was bored within 90 minutes of it. I never played it again, it didn't strike me as very enjoyable. And i rarely quit games, i tend to stick them out even if i think they're mediocre

I'm the opposite. I quit games almost always, but I couldn't let go of the Disgaea 5 demo. Sat there for hours. Still haven't bought any of the games though, which I am guilty of. :(

Endruen

I literally just started ARK for the first time... woke up on a beach, then it said I was hungry so I beat a dodo to death.. but couldn't get food from it? dunno what the fuck was going on...

then I died.

why can't these survival games have tutorials

Yeah, it happened to me too. The game is early acces so they haven't added the tutorial yet. Basically, to get resources from an animal, you have to keep hitting it until it disappears.
Also, hitting a Dodo with your fists will knock it down, and continuing to do so will kill it. Then just hit it to get meat.
The other tip I can give you that not knowing about made me get stuck is that you can pres E when you aren't holding anything or a torch to pick up rocks from the ground and berries and fiber from plants.
And one of the most useful tips when you have a pick and a hatchet is that the pick gives you more thatch, flint and meat, while the hatchet gives you more wood, stone and hide.

i've watched some videos and if the one you're referring to is the one in the "white arena place" (best description i can think of) then that one didn't look too bad

That is indeed the one he's talking about. White arena place is a pretty alright description, too.

Particularly since describing the place more accurately is both a gameplay and story spoiler.

In good news, I can feel my hype for Souls 3 rising. I was starting to wonder what was wrong with me, since I played the other 2 + Bloodborne on/near release (which is usually on/near my birthday.) About the only games I do that for.

Also, I still haven't touched my PC for gaming. It's been a couple weeks. Basically, however long Stardew Valley has been out. Cooking dinner has also went from a shared thing to a me thing. That fucking game... The soundtrack is rad, though.

LawBreakers (CliffyB) is no longer free to play. Now I'm interested.

I had no idea what LawBreakers was until you said it was CliffyB. Interest starting to build.
Going from F2P to a paid model? Usually it's the other way around (at least it was with Duelyst) and I think I'm actually happy about this change too.

r3n4ud

Wasn't sure where to ask this question so I apologise for asking here.

Is anyone familiar with Nvidia's, Shadowplay?

Whilst playing, FPS is perfectly fine, but when I record something and play it back, there are times throughout the video that it stutters and the FPS drops.

Only started happening recently.. Any ideas?
Perhaps due to the latest driver?

Nabs

I finally got my Dark Souls key from Golden Joystick. I sent it over to Large Pro, along with a some DSFIX goodness.

header.jpg

Almost done with Bedlam and I'm kind of glad it's only five-ish hours long. It's kind of a nebulous thing to say but the game's got heart and I've sort of enjoyed it but I don't know if it's something I would strongly recommend people buy. Definitely not at full price.

Bedlam takes you through various games that are similar but not too legally close to Quake, Medal of Honor, Left 4 Dead, Hexen, Halo, some tank/war game I can't pin down, Space Invaders, Pac-Man and Gradius but in the most shallow ways possible. These trips through other games is purely aesthetic. The various levels don't emulate the style of gameplay or level design of the fps games they're aping. You're always in these massive sprawling environments that are filled with a lot of cut and paste geometry that are sparsely populated with some truly brain dead enemies. The only advantage the A.I. has is the distance from which it can start shooting you, this advantage gets quickly erased based off of the weapons you pick up, specifically the rocket and grenade launchers. That's another issue, you start in a Quake-like and got to the MoH-like with Quake-like weapons. After the MoH-like you're in a Hexen-like facing off against melee enemies with shotguns. It's not a competition, it's not challenging. You just mow your way through some spawn waves and move to the next waypoint. Once you get the rail gun, which has plentiful ammo, it's pretty much over. You can one-shot virtually everything in the game. On top of all of this you can rocket jump without penalty, no self-damage, which puts the A.I. at more of a disadvantage but also allows for some ridiculously fast level traversal.

The story is kind of enjoyable and is probably what pushed me through the game, which you can't really discuss at all without potentially spoiling it. There's two achievements that I missed earlier in the game to 100% it but I don't think I'll bother to replay the game to get them once I do beat it. Not a bad game but something I'd recommend only picking up in a sale.

Sega has owned Atlus for two-and-a-half years now. Barring a sudden change of policy, it's clear Sega has no intention of forcing anything on Atlus or of former Atlus properties. Essentially, Atlus receives the "golden goose" treatment a la R*, only for no discernible reason.

Sega's probably not interfering with Atlus because it has a successful niche and there's no reason to mess with it. Also companies aren't necessarily as agile as we sometimes think they can be so the two year time frame doesn't worry me as much as Sega's potential evaluation that Atlus' games might simply be too niche to merit the cost/risk/effort of porting them to PC. Like I don't know how large an audience there is for something like Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha Vs The Soulless Army on PC but then a Harvest Moon-like is pushing half a million copies, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom