• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Yes Grief Symphony of the Night runs pretty well and doesn't look too bad even streamed from my Xbone to my Surface. Surprised Konami didn't pull their finger out and gets this on PC, especially as the Mercury Steam Castelvania's did reasonably well and how Bloodstained took off like a rocket on Kickstarter.

Worth noting - Mednafen/PSX core in Retroarch supports CPU overclocking, getting rid of various slowdowns including the one from SoTN where "after beating a boss, a spot effect would bring the framerate to its knees for around 4 to 5 seconds."
Might be worth checking it out. :)

Huh never knew that. Saying that last time I played SotN on PC was via ePSXe about 6 years ago. Will probably check it out, cheers.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Huh never knew that. Saying that last time I played SotN on PC was via ePSXe about 6 years ago. Will probably check it out, cheers.

Honestly ePSXe is the most accurate PSX emulator atm though so enhancements might come at the cost of the game behaving properly.

Salsa

this thread tho

my favorite type of complain is people using Steam every single day, spending thousands of dollars into it, being a big part of their everyday life, and shouting at Valve for not releasing a single player game

fuck your company ambition for new types of control, platforms, and VR! just release a game!

kagamin

remember when FE was this

RippedRogue.gif
EkrafirSpriteAssassinstyle.gif

FE was never like that though, those are totally custom sprites. :p

Salsa

FE was never like that though, those are totally custom sprites. :p

like i'd remember

I liked Revelations, but it looked so bland to me that its part of why I havent gotten Fates yet

that, and the release schedule on having to pay like a hundred bucks to get the whole experience

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Salt and Sanctuary looks awesome, you are all tripping fucking balls

Can anyone help me?

Since I have the 980ti, somehow my screen turns black for like a few ms whenever I start a Video. It doesnt matter whether its a normal video or a YT one.

Momentary

Banned
Wow the DARIUSBURST DLC gave me ALOT more than what I was expecting. I was thinking 3 stages. Not 3 areas with multiple stages. The music is awesome!!! You can also use all the DLC ships on any of the areas in the DLC mode which turns out to be a huge amount. Well worth the money.

The DLC actually gives like 40+new areas with the majority of them containing multiple stages. This is an insane deal. It's like getting another shmup inside of a shmup.

Here is the bundle link.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/258

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Going from Yoshichan's tweets, the game isn't all that great.
Yes, I followed the game since pre-alpha and the game was a huge disappointment. I'd go into the details but the amount of negatives would take me a long, long time to write up on my phone. Maybe tomorrow.

200.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Life is Hard -- MB-5FA9B8462ABCDFAC - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Wow the DARIUSBURST DLC gave me ALOT more than what I was expecting. I was thinking 3 stages. Not 3 areas with multiple stages. The music is awesome!!! You can also use all the DLC ships on any of the areas in the DLC mode which turns out to be a huge amount. Well worth the money.

The DLC actually gives like 40+new areas with the majority of them containing multiple stages. This is an insane deal. It's like getting another shmup inside of a shmup.

I already bought the Rayforce one SO HARD, but I think I only want to buy one of the other two. Which would you recommend?

Momentary

Banned
I already bought the Rayforce one SO HARD, but I think I only want to buy one of the other two. Which would you recommend?

I don't know. The other 2 ships just feel good to me. If I were you, I'd get the 11.97 bundle for all 3 since they add extra areas and music. I can't choose, but what I can do is tell you that the Night Striker's Inter Grey felt easier to use than the Metal Black's Black Fly ship. But I enjoy the hell out of Black Fly's laser. To tell you the truth, I'd just get that refund and spend the extra 1.97 for all three.

Here is the bundle link.

I should have included that in my original post. The store page is busted right now and isn't showing the bundle.

I don't know. The other 2 ships just feel good to me. If I were you, I'd get the 11.97 bundle for all 3 since they add extra areas and music. I can't choose, but what I can do is tell you that the Night Striker's Inter Grey felt easier to use than the Metal Black's Black Fly ship. But I enjoy the hell out of Black Fly's laser. To tell you the truth, I'd just get that refund and spend the extra 1.97 for all three.

Here is the bundle link.

I should have included that in my original post. The store page is busted right now and isn't showing the bundle.

..and done.

I'm turning into one of those multiquote people...
No idea what an Audience Award is, I guess a poll or something, but whatevs!

Celebrate!
giphy.gif

Haha...ha.

Muscular Linus is pretty OK.
LawBreakers (CliffyB) is no longer free to play. Now I'm interested.

Is there a single soul on the Internet that was anticipating Lawbreakers above all other games of 2016? Aside from those involved in making it, of course.

Because really.

Fake or not, I can't shake the feeling the NX is going to be stupid as fuck.

I figure they got one more shot if they bomb the next generation before they have to "reorganize." Maybe my digital purchases will transfer over to their future PC service.

I figure they got one more shot if they bomb the next generation before they have to "reorganize." Maybe my digital purchases will transfer over to their future PC service.

Nintendo lives or dies on how well their stupid gimmick shit does.

When it has hit it really has hit but when it misses it's bad

Haha, I wouldn't get my hopes up for that. Don't you have to rebuy SNES games for 3DS even if you already own them on WiiU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom