• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

oh god no

pls no

friends don't let friends buy seagate

It's a joke, Bernardo, pls.

Anime is trash, though, so. It's fitting.

-------

I have a question, for those of you who capitalized on those Newegg errors. Anyone else still not get an activation email from AMD?

E: I'm pretty sure I'll never get mine, at this rate. Been, what, 34 hours. They said 24.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I have a Seagate external.

rashida-jones-the-office-shrug-gif.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
oh god no

pls no

friends don't let friends buy seagate

I noticed a few weeks back that my home theater computer's boot time had come to a crawl, slowing from its usual 15 seconds to nearly a minute. I turned on the verbose boot and noticed it was hanging when trying to initialize the harddisks.

Finally opened it up and pulled out the extra hard drive that I wasn't even using and the boot went back to normal.

The hard drive I pulled out? A Segate.

It could have also been the SATA cable, but I'm not bothering to investigate further.

JarrodL

I've been using Seagates for a decade soon, and never had a problem. I had two WDs die on me though, one external and one internal. :shrug:

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Robocraft Starter Pack -- MB-FC8E997B34B458D5 - Taken by Endruen

chronomac

So I'm looking at this Borderlands bundle, which would get me Pre-Sequel for less than $5, and wondering this: is there a way to pull a list of all bundles that give you discounts on remaining games? I'd like to go through and see which I'd be interested in, when sales come around.

Wow the DARIUSBURST DLC gave me ALOT more than what I was expecting. I was thinking 3 stages. Not 3 areas with multiple stages. The music is awesome!!! You can also use all the DLC ships on any of the areas in the DLC mode which turns out to be a huge amount. Well worth the money.

The DLC actually gives like 40+new areas with the majority of them containing multiple stages. This is an insane deal. It's like getting another shmup inside of a shmup.

Here is the bundle link.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/258

What about the SEGA stuff?

Oh hey, I won Need for Speed on the Alienware stream.

You might not be Kiru, but I seem to recall AWB0T likes you.

It's so beautiful.

I'm dying over here. That's good...

Do we know the PS4 numbers? It's assuredly more than 300,000

ZhugeEX had it around 200k for February, I think.

is it worth getting without the SP?

Do you like the SP in the other Borderlands games?

If anyone is having trouble adding the Borderlands price mistake bundle to their cart, just log out of your account on Steam (on a browser), add the bundle to your cart, then login and checkout. You'll get the correct price on the last page of the cart right before you confirm the payment.

i always got the SP after i finished the games so i never actually played any of the other expansions\dlcs

I totally read that wrong. My mistake.

Season Pass adds 2 characters and 2 extra narrative missions along with +10 to the level cap.

Surely, you would be fine without it, unless you would rather play the game as one of the 2 DLC characters. Depending on how fast you plan on playing the game and how long you play entries in the franchise for should probably influence your decision.

Does anyone know the fov number in standard Doom 3?

The fov change in Doom 3 BFG is nearly unplayable.

Google is really amazing, y'know? ;)

Try this:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208200/discussions/0/864949037815070083/

Maybe TPS will finally start get a decent co-op community. Disclaimer, I am stupidly into Borderlands.

So you have played B2 and are wondering about TPS? Here are my thoughts, as in my opinions, as in IMO your mileage may vary.

General:
-Worse than B2, less value to me
-Shorter
-Multiplayer is less populated than other 2 games
-Difficulity from easy to hard B1 < TPS < B2
-Levels look nice but lack the variety of B2
-More diverse representation than B2; 2 men, 3 women, and a robot are playable
-2 female POCs playable, first openly gay VH
-The game is told as a flashback and adds some narrative of events after end of B2
-TVHM and beyond adds extra flashback commentary dialog to spice things up

Narrative:
-Storyline is worse due to existing constraints
-Dialogue on a whole is worse (I am aware of the perception of Blands writing)
-A lot of the humor is regional and will fall flat or be missed by most
-Pickle got a push in the DLC so expect him to return

Mechanics:
-I will say the combat is slightly better than B2
-Damage scaling does not get crazy at high levels
-Max level is 70 with Holodome DLC
-Same number of skillpoints as B2, but can get all 3 capstone skills
-More 1 point skills for build variety, but not as strong
-A lot of the dominant gear from B2 is gone or nerfed
-A lot of gear is the same but reskinned and renamed
-Gravity is a nice addition
-Critical hits are more important, boss battles tend to have better variety than B2
-Slag is gone, cyro is new, cyro freeze effect is powerful
-Lasers added, love them or hate them

DLC:
-Season pass is two playable chars, 1 legit story content pack, and the Holodome
-Holodome and Clap DLC available from fast travel at any time
-Holodome is only a single area arena, but it also raises level max to 70
-If you dont care about max level or having all playable chars, get only Claptrap DLC
-There is a Shockdrop DLC that was preorder, you can buy it, weak arena area, some packages include it already

Maybe some of this helps.

JustLynx

I totally read that wrong. My mistake.

Season Pass adds 2 characters and 2 extra narrative missions along with +10 to the level cap.

Surely, you would be fine without it, unless you would rather play the game as one of the 2 DLC characters. Depending on how fast you plan on playing the game and how long you play entries in the franchise for should probably influence your decision.

i think i'll wait for a better deal, maybe $7.5 for the game+sp, my backlog is already too big
and tbh, if it weren't for the stupid lib share bug i would've bought it in the morning when i saw it for the first time, so their loss ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Maybe some of this helps.

it does! thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom