• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

You saying InfiniteNine is shit at sketches?

I didn't think you'd be so quick to incite my wrath.
tumblr_nafqgfXHRE1sfw719o3_250.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Someone get me a Welsh Corgi pup for my birthday thanks <3

Edit: I could really play a metroidva... a 2d action platformer where you collect items to open up new paths and... you know what, fuck it. I could really play a metroidvania (thats right, I said it) right now, wheres my Shadow Complex on steam? :(

yuraya

Edit: I could really play a metroidva... a 2d action platformer where you collect items to open up new paths and... you know what, fuck it. I could really play a metroidvania (thats right, I said it) right now, wheres my Shadow Complex on steam? :(

There are plenty of great ones on Steam right now.

Guacamelee, Dust, La-Mulana and Ori. Check out any of those if you haven't b4.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There are plenty of great ones on Steam right now.

Guacamelee, Dust, La-Mulana and Ori. Check out any of those if you haven't b4.

Ive finished all of those. You're fired.

zkylon

zkylewd
finished watching band of brothers

honestly i think it's a lot more uneven than i expected, the production values and feeling of authenticity and attention to detail is pretty incredible but the storytelling feels very unfocused and aimless. like it could go from bleak and depressing to like valkyria chronicles esque anime friendship and camraderie! it's kinda silly.

it's gotten me thinking a lot about brothers in arms since it's one of my favorite series (honestly i got way too many favorite series lol) and how you could revive it today

i mean, the tactical shooter genre is kind of nonexistant today, there's no swat or ghost recon or rainbow six anymore. similar styled games i can think of like spec ops the line, mass effect, kane and lynch, xcom declassified and binary domain have gone in totally different directions and have been super hit and miss.

there's the option of something multiplayer like the new rainbow six but i'm not sure if "just multiplayer" is anything that can work for that series.

and ww2 is also super dead, tho after almost a decade of non stop near future modern shooters i feel the time to go back

i hear gearbox is working on a real fourth brothers in arms game so they must be doing something, i hope they announce something soon and i hope it's good

Lain

Someone get me a Welsh Corgi pup for my birthday thanks <3

Did you play Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight? It's not too deep or long, but it's pretty good.

Hey, you. You're OK. I actually have 2 and Primal installed and I'm not sure I want to stick with the newest one. Though who am I kidding, I have to play a AAA game in it's release window since I never have.
Why thank you. I and a few others of us on GAF are considered weirdos for liking Far Cry 2 as much as we do. It's really the only game in the franchise that was interesting to me. The mechanics kinda made people mad, especially respawning outposts but it's still plenty of fun I think. Sure though try Primal though, I never played it so maybe it is as fun as they say.

Momentary

Banned
Wish I could play Disgaea on my GTX 980m laptop... but the game is so jittery it breaks my soul. Worked fine before that last patch a week or so ago. The 900m series GPUs act really strange with certain games. I can't wait to build my desktop.

It's got to be an issue with mother f'n NVIDIA Optimus. That's an ABOMINATION. I hate it with every fiber of my being. Worst thing ever.

Jazz573

You just crossed a line you shouldn't have friend.

I also finished Shadow Complex on 360 lol

I dont like jrpgs?

I seem to remember you not being a huge fan of super anime games, with Disgaea as an exception. I may have confused you with someone else tho.

Why thank you. I and a few others of us on GAF are considered weirdos for liking Far Cry 2 as much as we do. It's really the only game in the franchise that was interesting to me. The mechanics kinda made people mad, especially respawning outposts but it's still plenty of fun I think. Sure though try Primal though, I never played it so maybe it is as fun as they say.

I've played through FC2 over 60 hours worth. A more exhaustive playthrough with all optional mission branches, and a pseudo speed run focusing on the standard mission objectives and gaining only enough diamonds for my favorite loadout (flare pistol, blow gun, whatever else). It's one of my favorites. I don't get the general complaint about malaria being debilitating. When you have a bout, take a pill. If it's your last pill, your next mission is for a refill. It never steered me wrong. Plus, taking pill quickly builds up your sprint distance. Easy peasy.

I've been playing Bombshell and... it's actually sort of fun? Kinda glitchy though. Sound getting distorted, character getting stuck in the environment, a cutscene not starting thus preventing me from actually beating the level (had to restart from a checkpoint a few times before it finally worked), some achievements not unlocking...

Tektonic

Argh, got a beta test key for
nda says no can tell
, and I've moved home and Internet still isn't connected. I've had to buy a data sim for my phone and hotspot it.

Australian internet is so archaic...

kagamin

You guys should play Far Cry Primal.

It is probably the best game Ubisoft has ever made. There are mammoths and shit and you can control beasts.

You get to fly an owl around.

Best game ever.

Why aren't you playing Far Cry Primal?

I'll play it, for ¥ 10.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Man...totally forgot about this game. Ghost Song, Shantae Half Genie and Hyper Light Drifter were all funded in 2013, I wonder which will comes out first.
But they're happy to take your money in 2013 with no indication of delivering 3+ years later. Maybe. Delays happen but long, long ones are not cool when funded via KS, imo.

In less controversial news, Stardew Valley is great. I hope I'm not missing anything because I'm literally doing whatever I feel like. Clean the farm today, shop tomorrow, explore the next day. I have no agenda and I hope that doesn't screw me.

What happened to Destinys 10 year plans without a sequel?

So far, the plan doesn't appear to have changed. The plan was originally just expansions released for years, no?

The original plan according to the leaked Act-Bungie documents years ago was to have 4 main games releasing bi-yearly and expansions titled Comets inbetween. PC versions would start with Destiny 2. Then the fiasco happened with Marty and the court documents said, it was still the plan, but they slipped with the release date of first game:

But then we had jschreier doing work and I don't exactly remember the stuff he wrote about save for Bungie's tools being very bad, them underestimeting the content they had to deliver, no Destiny 2 this year, but a big expansion and that there was something with the latest update that was a leftover or originally a part of a bigger expansion.

I realized something: I suck at 52 games in 1 year. All I've been doing is playing marathon games like Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, Splatoon, Rocket League and so forth. Bleh.

kagamin

I realized something: I suck at 52 games in 1 year. All I've been doing is playing marathon games like Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, Splatoon, Rocket League and so forth. Bleh.

Oh I play a lot of the same games because I like arcadey gameplay, it's hard to play stuff when I'm so invested in doing better than my last scores and such.

zkylon

zkylewd
uhh so i give demetrius some icecream for his birthday and next day he drops a letter on my mailbox saying it's critical for me to bring him a fresh melon from my farm

i did so and now he loves me

but he threatened me before and told me to stay away from his daughter

now he's sending me letters like every other day with like random minerals and recipes and stuff

demetrius is a psycho

kurahador

Same. Joined it for the first time this year, ends up spending most gaming time playing SWTOR MMO which I stopped playing for years and watching Netflix which just arrived in my country this year. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom