• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've beaten a few games, Firewatch included, still I keep going to marathon games when I have a shit ton of backlogged games waiting to be tackled.

This is exactly what I do. I have intentions on playing all these damn games I've bought and barely touched but rarely do I actually follow through lately.

Getting into Black Desert isn't exactly helping matters either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

def sim

I think I'm gonna ignore everyone's advice so far about mystery games and go play Hotel Dusk for the first time instead. :p

kcLaj7i.png

Just kidding, Hotel Dusk is fantastic.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
R.I.P. AssCreed Syndicate save. I attempted to restart a mission after becoming stuck inside a boat and now the loading screen is caught in an endless loop.

R.I.P. AssCreed Syndicate save. I attempted to restart a mission after becoming stuck inside a boat and now the loading screen is caught in an endless loop.

Ubisoft-related, I had a Far Cry 2 save on PS3 that made me halt my progress because of some stupid bug that didn't let me take the next mission. I was kinda liking FC2 as well.

Knurek

Ubisoft curse strikes again.
I'm kinga glad it only affects you. Imagine if that was contagious?

i hear gearbox is working on a real fourth brothers in arms game so they must be doing something, i hope they announce something soon and i hope it's good

Working on it, as in it's still in prototype/pre-production phase. Furious 4 turned into Battleborn. According to Pitchford 80% of their HQ is working on it, so don't expect BiA news soon, unless Gearbox Quebec will handle it. Though there's still BL3, which should have the higher priority and will probably be announced before that.

Hektor

I realized something: I suck at 52 games in 1 year. All I've been doing is playing marathon games like Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, Splatoon, Rocket League and so forth. Bleh.

That's the way i felt last year, because of all the huge RPG's i played. But this time, i'm already at 22.

Something tells me Win10 Store will have as bright of a future as a gaming platform as GfWL did.

We should give'em the benefit of a doubt tho. They're really trying this time. Not like the last few times, this time, they're for realz.

And it would help if ya'll stop beeing so entitled. MS did gave their best to bring this game to PC after all the portbegging, now you should at least man up and buy those games, everything can be patched later.

But they have no incentive to patch it now, if no one buys the games right? So, there you go.

JaseC

Ubisoft-related, I had a Far Cry 2 save on PS3 that made me halt my progress because of some stupid bug that didn't let me take the next mission. I was kinda liking FC2 as well.

I'd like to play through the PC version of FC2 at some point. I played it on the PS3 way back when.

Ubisoft curse strikes again.
I'm kinga glad it only affects you. Imagine if that was contagious?

At least my FC4 save is safe... for now.

Bluth54

I think I'm gonna ignore everyone's advice so far about mystery games and go play Hotel Dusk for the first time instead. :p

That's probably for the best, Hotel Dusk is my favorite DS game of all time. Great stuff and I'm super happy the ex-devs have come together to work on a spiritual sequel.

dex3108

When that happens you can always do Alt+Tab, disconnect from the internet, close game, delete/move saves from your HDD to safe place. Connect to the internet and start game. This way game will download save from server that works :D

JaseC

When that happens you can always do Alt+Tab, disconnect from the internet, close game, delete/move saves from your HDD to safe place. Connect to the internet and start game. This way game will download save from server that works :D

I'll give that a shot, but knowing my luck, the cloud saves are buggered, too.

Edit: No luck. Oh well.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and while I'm having a good time with the game, the performance is such a let-down for me. I haven't read up that much on performance impressions, but it seems more people have issues. The game performs fine in smaller spaces (early areas), but when I reached the first big open hub area, I got stuttering all the time. I was playing on high with some settings turned down, but I'm considering dropping to medium.

Knurek

I was looking for a good mystery game to play (read?) after Ever17 (which i'm about to clear).
It was totally off my rader but i think i just found it ^^

I'm not sure if you'll be able to play anything for a while if you're going into Ever17 blind and, as you say, are close to beating Coco route.

You will literally be shitting bricks for weeks.

Mystery game talk?
nobody even remembers Higurashi
no, I'm not surprised anymore

Well, if Mangagamer doesn't remember it, why should we?
(They seem to be focused on bringing Umineko to Steam now, FWIW)

xist

Just downloaded F.E.A.R 2 from Steam but before I did I had to agree to the Warner Brothers EULA. Reading through it the first clause says You may not: (1) copy the Product in its entirety onto a hard drive or other storage device; (I'm assuming it was disc based???) Doesn't the whole Steam process contradict that???

Yes I'm probably being thick....

JaseC

Just downloaded F.E.A.R 2 from Steam but before I did I had to agree to the Warner Brothers EULA. Reading through it the first clause says You may not: (1) copy the Product in its entirety onto a hard drive or other storage device; (I'm assuming it was disc based???) Doesn't the whole Steam process contradict that???

Yes I'm probably being thick....

Well, technically, you're not copying the game, just installing it. Even the retail version doesn't actually read data from the discs outside of installation, IIRC.

Anyone noticed that since the introduction of that authenticator the card prices for bundle games went up? I mean I can sell most of the cards for like 7-8 cents now while they were about 3-4 before.

I bought that Serious Sam steam bundle yesterday.

Like it normally went for $99 dollars. But this weekend it was on sale for 90% percent off. Like how could I not go for that? I remember trying to play Serious Sam 1 on my shitty COMPAQ decades ago and the performance sucked massive shit. How have the subsequent Serious Sam fared, quality wise?

I can't wait for the Red Faction collection to go down in price, during Summer sale hopefully. Red Faction 1 was the other FPS that had a shit performance on my old COMPAQ decades ago.

I kind of want to play Remember Me if just for the graphic style. Is the combat system that bad as people say it is? (don't like button mashing)

Anyone noticed that since the introduction of that authenticator the card prices for bundle games went up? I mean I can sell most of the cards for like 7-8 cents now while they were about 3-4 before.
Yeah but it is only logical that the prices would go up now that supply is less due to the increased effort required to sell the cards.

MUnited83

For you.

Makes sense. There were lots of people running multiple accounts purely for bundle game farming. I'd guess that the authenticator stuff makes it increasingly complicated and annoying to continue such.

Manatox

I'm not sure if you'll be able to play anything for a while if you're going into Ever17 blind and, as you say, are close to beating Coco route.

You will literally be shitting bricks for weeks.

Yes i'm going blind and am close beating Coco route (past half way i think).

But i'm scared now after what you said :<

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i think i'm gonna pursue maru or harvey. even if they only work like 3 hours a day and they keep complaining about not having any patients, they're the only two with at least some semblance of a career or interest. i was gonna try leah too but she said she didn't like icecream and that's kind of a dealbreaker for me. abigail is also terrible at videogames so that'd drive me nuts. i'm starting to bond with shane but i need someone more peppy in my life. and the rest are like, no thank you.

unless demetrius decides to drop the missus, maru or harvey it is. i'm leaning towards maru cos harvey's anime portrait looks ridiculous lol

also idk how it happened but i'm kinda rich now. bought a coop and a silo, upraded the house and most of my tools (i was super lucky to get two days straight of rain) and still have plenty to spare

my farm is still kind of a mess but it's slowly starting to look like a real farm

Working on it, as in it's still in prototype/pre-production phase. Furious 4 turned into Battleborn. According to Pitchford 80% of their HQ is working on it, so don't expect BiA news soon, unless Gearbox Quebec will handle it. Though there's still BL3, which should have the higher priority and will probably be announced before that.
man i sure hope it's not as dire as you make it out to be

if i wasn't so hooked with stardoowo while i wait for dks3, i'd think about replaying the first two

those games are so good

Supply and demand I suppose, there is 15 day hole in the market till those without an authenticator's cards appear on the market. Assuming people without still list, prices should crash again around the 24th as they posted based on march 9 prices. Obviously that assumes people will just put up with the wait, a lot probably won't so the correction probably won't be as severe.

#savetheprinnies
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Far Cry Primal (uPlay) -- MB-2DC74649687375AA - Taken by kagamin. 70 entrants total.

t1458520550z1.png

rtcn63

I kind of want to play Remember Me if just for the graphic style. Is the combat system that bad as people say it is? (don't like button mashing)

It's not terrible, bu it's not particularly enjoyable either. Enemies take too long to kill, and the game essentially pushes you from one combat set piece to the next, meaning there really isn't much else to do.

This is one of the games where you might be better off watching someone else play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom