• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yup. NVIDIA optimized. When I went to update my driver, I noticed it for certain games so I tried it out.

Nvidia optimized settings don't necessarily go for full smoothness of framerate as a default, but a sort of "balance".

If you open up GeForce Experience and click the wrench next to the optimize button for a game, you'll see there's actually a slider where you can tell the software if you want to prioritize performance or quality. If you're getting bad performance with the default settings, try moving the slider further into the performance side.

fallout

Does the Retry Connection option ever work for you guys when you initially fail to connect to Steam? I swear it's never worked for me once. I have to force shutdown Steam and restart to connect.

Nvidia optimized settings don't necessarily go for full smoothness of framerate as a default, but a sort of "balance".

If you open up GeForce Experience and click the wrench next to the optimize button for a game, you'll see there's actually a slider where you can tell the software if you want to prioritize performance or quality. If you're getting bad performance with the default settings, try moving the slider further into the performance side.

I didn't even notice that. I'll play around with it and see what works best. Thank you. Appreciate the help.

Uzzy

I kind of want to play Remember Me if just for the graphic style. Is the combat system that bad as people say it is? (don't like button mashing)

Make sure to get the DLC that adds Street Fighter moves. It adds some enjoyment to the combat when you can finish with a shoryuken.

Durante

tWEwI76.gif

Multiple selections by holding control key + left mouse click
Interesting. Not something I'd ever have a use case for, but I'm sure it's useful in some circumstances.

Buraindo

Catching up on some 2015 hits, I finally beat Pillars of Eternity.
What a long, enjoyable if mildly frustrating at times ride it is. I didn't particularly care for the game at first but it eventually grew on me. The story, characters, art style and somewhat familiar music are all extremely well made and only get better as the game goes on.
I'm glad that I stuck with it this time and got to see it to the end and while I enjoyed Pillars of Eternity a great deal, it was also too draining at times I felt.
I will come back for another playthrough or two in the future.

Jobbs

Banned

Dang, you're the dev who makes this? Neato.
You a one-man-team? Asking because the art is really nice and that must be pretty lot of work for one person. Good luck with it.
FC2 is great. But they all are for different reasons. Reminds me of my post on Far Cry series.

I can't see any scenario in my head where this makes sense, ha.

"Stahp"? Those are probably among the best modeled spectators in any recent racing game. You're blind, yo! ;)

What would need to happen for MS to change its stance on UWA and/or WinStore exclusivity.

Thanks you Jo-Jo fanboy. I got no friends it seems, so no one hooked me up with a dollar primal.

I'very been half ass following Ghost Song since it's KS launch in 2013

This game is pretty much Super Metroid + Dark Souls got married and had a baby.

From what I gather Jobbs has been very transparent and has talked to many online publications about Ghost Song.

Jobbs posts in the Game Development thread on gaming side quite frequently.

Shit posts about Ghost Song never being released is a great way to get on my ignore list.

I didn't back his KS during the time, but I will buy a copy after launch because Jobbs is doin God's work now.

Your game is looking great, at first I didn't like the artstyle but now I think it looks great, keep up the good work.

Thanks guys =)

And regardless of what anyone says, the game is coming out, it's just taking forever because I was a total noob when I originally made the scope of the game and all the promises. It's happening though.

Anteater

I kind of want to play Remember Me if just for the graphic style. Is the combat system that bad as people say it is? (don't like button mashing)

it's a pretty simple combat system, like enslaved tier, it doesn't get in your way if you just want to enjoy the linear pretty environments

I'm sure I've seen controllers like that pop up before. They rarely take off :/.
Yeah, I agree sadly :v It's interesting to see some passion projects though.
One day I'll get a big trackball and try gaming on it.
I got a question I hope someone could help me with.

I built my first gaming PC a few months back and, with certain games like Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Borderlands, they play quite sluggishly on the optimized settings. This is very noticeable in ETS2. If I used optimized settings, the frame rate drops ridiculously low. However, a game like Rocket League runs super smooth and looks great in the same situation. Why is this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What are your PC specs?
Catching up on some 2015 hits, I finally beat Pillars of Eternity.
What a long, enjoyable if mildly frustrating at times ride it is. I didn't particularly care for the game at first but it eventually grew on me. The story, characters, art style and somewhat familiar music are all extremely well made and only get better as the game goes on.
I'm glad that I stuck with it this time and got to see it to the end and while I enjoyed Pillars of Eternity a great deal, it was also too draining at times I felt.
I will come back for another playthrough or two in the future.
Cool. I want to start it but I'm so daunted by the depth.

Space Hulk: Deathwing I... had no clue there was new footage released?!
It's b-roll footage sent from the pub. I watched a German commentary on it but they didn't let it play at once but paused, skimmed etc. The one linked above is in Italian. Here some infos from the German video I watched.

- squad-based, light tactical combat very comparable to Republic Commando
- slow & heavy movement, basically walking tanks
- bloody & gory
- playable in Co-Op (not finalized but between 3-5)
- between 3-5 classes (Scriptor, Apothecarius, Deathwatch)
- light RPG leveling mechanics

Mivey

I'm sure I've seen controllers like that pop up before. They rarely take off :/.
That's the beauty of an open plattform like the PC, though. You don't need it to "take of": This thing just replaces the things you can already do on a keyboard. So you simply need a simple program to map the keys of this thing to normal keyboard buttons you have set on the game. Then it simply works.

Space Hulk: Deathwing I... had no clue there was new footage released?!
It's b-roll footage sent from the pub. I watched a German commentary on it but they didn't let it play at once but paused, skimmed etc. The one linked above is in Italian. Here some infos from the German video I watched.

- squad-based, light tactical combat very comparable to Republic Commando
- slow & heavy movement, basically walking tanks
- bloody & gory
- playable in Co-Op (not finalized but between 3-5)
- between 3-5 classes (Scriptor, Apothecarius, Deathwatch)
- light RPG leveling mechanics

Hmm, doesn't feel as good as I hoped it to be (I really liked EYE)
The bolters look like bolters but sound like submachineguns, the enemy model felt pretty lackluster compared to the environment and I don't like the focus on psychic powers. Hopefully I'm wrong, I want to play a good Space Marine fps.

Man, is it wrong that I think Tree of Savior actually looks kind of interesting? I had zero interest in Ragnarok Online, and i've generally avoided Korean MMOs like the plague, but ToS has a pretty cool art style and looks kind of Diablo-esque. Hmmm....

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Dang, you're the dev who makes this? Neato.
You a one-man-team? Asking because the art is really nice and that must be pretty lot of work for one person. Good luck with it.

He assuredly is good at art stuff, just look at my really cool avatar made by him :p

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Is Tomb Raider the only game that's stuttering? My friend has a FuryX that has/had a stuttering issue in most games. My card died last week, so he's going to let me borrow it until I can afford my own card. Maybe it won't stutter on my system. <crosses fingers>

Yeah, but it turns out that hotfix driver update (which was basically a TR fix) did the trick. Everything's running way smoother now, and I can even keep it the settings on high.

Ozium

I installed my free copy of Dark Souls on Steam and applied DSFix, however now that it's 60fps, I'm getting terrible screen tearing..

How do I solve this?

The Division director leaves Ubisoft, joins Hitman dev IO Interactive
Barnard actually left Ubisoft in February, according to his LinkedIn page (ta, MCV), and joins IO Interactive in a brand new role:as gameplay director. IO's publisher Square Enix says he'll oversee three of its core teams: "gameplay", "online" and "world".
Not sure if that's a good or bad idea. Time will tell, I guess!

Oh man. Didn't realize I was so close.

JtBm90O.png

Need to figure out what game I want as my 1k.
I noticed a lack of Ys games in your library. It's an Ys-y decision .;)

tmarg

I played New Vegas vanilla for 143 hours and completed 100% of the achievements across multiple PC configs and I only encountered probably 10 scripting glitches- easily understandable with a game of that complexity and easily remedied by carefully paced manual saves and maybe 5ish crashes to desktop- again completely understandable with how far the engine is being pushed and easily remedied with carefully paced manual saves. Perhaps you installed some of the mods in an incorrect order or fashion?

It seems like you are trying to just push an agenda though to be honest.

You still got robbed on the Serious Sam collection. Red Faction 1/2 aged terribly too.

I've played NV for somewhere between 10 and 15 hours on one configuration, and I can't even load my saves from the main menu, if I try my entire PC freezes at the loading screen and the only way to exit is a hard reset. I can still access my game by starting a new game and then loading my existing save from in there, but fuck that.

I understand that a lot of people love that game, but downplaying technical problems other people have with it because you didn't experience them is kind of shitty.

The Captain America: Civil War trailer redone in Fallout 4 is a thing of beauty
It's still Fallout, so the city environments come pre-trashed and some of the technology on display is more cartoon-retro than streamlined and gleaming. But Cap's suit, Iron Man's armor, and even Bucky's cybernetic arm look fantastic in their post-nuclear renditions, and the Vault 114 logo on the back of Spider-Man's underoos&#8212;a clear sign of DIY superhero duds made from something pulled out of the closet&#8212;is a fantastic touch. This is top-notch all around, but it's the attention to detail that really makes it work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBnqrfMirnQ

pahamrick

I'd get 4 before 3, though and I still need to hit 999.

The Division director leaves Ubisoft, joins Hitman dev IO Interactive Not sure if that's a good or bad idea. Time will tell, I guess!

I noticed a lack of Ys games in your library. It's an Ys-y decision .;)

The only Ys games I really like aren't on Steam and I already have on my Vita (Ys 7, Ys Celceta) though.

If I can swing some extra card money I'm seriously considering Danganronpa, but I've got at least one game before it to go so I've got time.

Thanks guys =)

And regardless of what anyone says, the game is coming out, it's just taking forever because I was a total noob when I originally made the scope of the game and all the promises. It's happening though.

Has anything been hashed out about what the recommended specs will be?

Nyoro SF

I'd get 4 before 3, though and I still need to hit 999.

The only Ys games I really like aren't on Steam and I already have on my Vita (Ys 7, Ys Celceta) though.

If I can swing some extra card money I'm seriously considering Danganronpa, but I've got at least one game before it to go so I've got time.

If you like Celceta, then there's no way you won't like Oath. Similar boss design swap-up between fixed and moving, similar trade economy.

(Unless you already played the really bad PSP version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom