• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthuk

I played New Vegas vanilla for 143 hours and completed 100% of the achievements across multiple PC configs and I only encountered probably 10 scripting glitches- easily understandable with a game of that complexity and easily remedied by carefully paced manual saves and maybe 5ish crashes to desktop- again completely understandable with how far the engine is being pushed and easily remedied with carefully paced manual saves. Perhaps you installed some of the mods in an incorrect order or fashion?

It seems like you are trying to just push an agenda though to be honest.

What in god's name does "you are trying to push an agenda" mean? I just think that not acknowledging broken ports and buggy games as such and giving the people responsible a free pass does harm to consumers and the medium.
I really think you should not jump to conclusions-accusations as well. You are one of the two folks I had on my ignore list and I guess it was for a reason.

Jobbs

Banned
Has anything been hashed out about what the recommended specs will be?

It doesn't seem to be at the point (yet) where you can load it on a "shitty laptop" and have a smooth experience, but maybe with some help from the curators of the engine it can be gotten down to that by the end.

On sorta middle range PCs it seems fine/mostly fine from what I can tell.

I'd get 4 before 3, though and I still need to hit 999.

The only Ys games I really like aren't on Steam and I already have on my Vita (Ys 7, Ys Celceta) though.

If I can swing some extra card money I'm seriously considering Danganronpa, but I've got at least one game before it to go so I've got time.

Well, you can get both and that will push you to 1000 ;)

Balthuk

Well it couldn't have been a good reason if you're still reading his posts anyway.

Eh quote of a quote.
--
So Spelunky. Am I supposed to unlock shortcuts and then use them to unlock the next one etc? Or do people start from the beginning every time?
I have 50 hours played but my save file was erased somehow and I'm starting over. I seriously can't get the shotgun to the last level of the jungle.

pahamrick

Well, you can get both and that will push you to 1000 ;)

REPcZX5.png

3XxbdJI.png

Yeah, don't think that's happening. ;P

Eh quote of a quote.
--
So Spelunky. Am I supposed to unlock shortcuts and then use them to unlock the next one etc? Or do people start from the beginning every time?
I have 50 hours played but my save file was erased somehow and I'm starting over. I seriously can't get the shotgun to the last level of the jungle.
Unlocking the shortcuts is not a must and honestly, finishing a run successfully is easier when starting from the beginning since you accumulate gold, weapons and items easy that way.
But I did unlock all shortcuts for two reasons:
1. unlocking a shortcut makes it easier to get acclimated to a specific world's kinks and secrets
2. personal goal

Balthuk

Unlocking the shortcuts is not a must and honestly, finishing a run successfully is easier when starting from the beginning since you accumulate gold, weapons and items easy that way.
But I did unlock all shortcuts for two reasons:
1. unlocking a shortcut makes it easier to get acclimated to a specific world's kinks and secrets
2. personal goal

Yeah it's more because I want to get to know enemies etc. Before the save wipe, even the ice area felt unfamiliar and after that I didn't know what was even going on. And that was after 40some hours. I just want to see a bit more of the game this time. Plus it's my go-to podcast game which makes it easy for me to go through one zone once-twice every few hours.

Yeah it's more because I want to get to know enemies etc. Before the save wipe, even the ice area felt unfamiliar and after that I didn't know what was even going on. And that was after 40some hours. I just want to see a bit more of the game this time. Plus it's my go-to podcast game which makes it easy for me to go through one zone once-twice every few hours.
Maybe I remember wrong but in World 2 there is always a Shotgun under a gravestone (if you are lucky to get that feel spawned). Bomb it and boom!

pahamrick

Maybe Ghostlight will discount 4 to celebrate 3's release.

WotS 3 will cost 19.99 dollars with a 20% discount. If WotS 4 gets a 50% discount that'd mean 28.50 dollars for both ;)

If Ghostlight discounts 4 50% to celebrate the release of 3, I promise you I will grab 3 and 4 as my 999 and 1k games, respectively. ;)

Jawmuncher

I want more games that work in betrayal into their multiplayer. The division has something like that too.

One of my favorite MP moments was from Kane and Lynch. It was the last round and one person decided to start killing everyone off so he could escape with the biggest total. Ended up killing everyone off but me, and I ended the game with basically all of the money from the bank as I got into the getaway truck.

Sch1sm

finished off Ryse. not terrible just super linear and super repetitive

Yeah, that seems like the consensus. It isn't terrible, it's really good looking, but man, is it the same old, same old, for all 6/7 hours.

So should I play through Way of the Samurai 4 first or 3?

EDIT: Is Paragon not available through Steam?

Kurt said order doesn't matter in those games. So, either? Doesn't matter.

Life has been empty and meaningless lately so I've been thinking about buying a 3ds because materialism always cures things like that. Was the normal size new3ds ever coming to the states or will I have to settle with the new3dsxl?

Yeah, that seems like the consensus. It isn't terrible, it's really good looking, but man, is it the same old, same old, for all 6/7 hours.

Kurt said order doesn't matter in those games. So, either? Doesn't matter.

As Sch1sm said, you can play the games in any order. 4's gameplay is more "refined" but I personally prefer 3's story paths.

Life has been empty and meaningless lately so I've been thinking about buying a 3ds because materialism always cures things like that. Was the normal size new3ds ever coming to the states or will I have to settle with the new3dsxl?

The news I read suggested that the normal sized new3ds is already out in the USA (since September of last year)

#savetheprinnies
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Far Cry Primal (uPlay) -- MB-2DC74649687375AA - Taken by kagamin. 70 entrants total.

t1458520550z1.png

I hope veggie loses ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I've... forgotten which MOBA that is. Again.

It takes great skill to make such indistinguishable products, but they've all managed to do it. I can't even remember all of their names.

It's available with the Pokemon 20th Anniversary or Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer bundles.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The regular New 3DS has been available since last fall-- in bundle form. You can still buy a new copy of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer bundle for ~$200 from walmart, plus you can buy some face plates for it through Nintendo's online store. The Pokemon one is still sold out.

The only color available is white, though. The bundles still don't include a charger.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Chasing the wrong dragon there, bub. Spend money on experiences and not things.

Is it really?

At least, it's not a VITA he's talking about getting.

If it was, we all would be trying to talk him away from the edge.

Sir, have you thought about owning a big dog and making dank memes about it all day.

Perhaps, you can create a rather humorous video that satires MLG about the dog?

lol j/k

tmarg

The news I read suggested that the normal sized new3ds is already out in the USA (since September of last year)

Normal new 3DS is only available as special limited editions, this far for animal crossing home designer and Pokemon red and blue eshop releases. You'd probably have to pay a premium to get one right now, so I'd wait until the next LE comes out.

tmarg

I've probably been playing more on my 3DS than on my PC lately, it has a great library of games, but I don't think it will give meaning to your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom