• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

You know, we should all probably just go and play Hotel Dusk if we have a 3DS or a... DS. :p

I've probably been playing more on my 3DS than on my PC lately, it has a great library of games, but I don't think it will give meaning to your life.

That's what the Vita is for. ;)

fantomena

I've probably been playing more on my 3DS than on my PC lately, it has a great library of games, but I don't think it will give meaning to your life.

I should really play morte on both my Vita and N3DS, especially since all my Vita games will release on Steam sooner or late anyway *widge to Atlus, I know you read this thread*

Lain

Tried to play Far Cry 3 and only ended up in a loop of errors. First some error about some lib file, which got solved by uninstalling uplay and reinstalling it, then the game would give me an error about not being installed correctly, which prompted me to verify the files, something uplay wouldn't do (some generic error about not being able to) while Steam would but nothing got solved.

My final solution: uninstall the whole game. This took care of it, no more error messages because this piece of shit isn't on my PC anymore.

Kane and Lynch 2 would always crash at startup for me. It would run if you started in offline mode.

Steam was trying to protect me from my Steam friends knowing I played that game.

Today I played DR2: OTR. This game is pretty fun but it's overwhelming how much cool stuff it throws at you. You can never really excel in any activity because there's always some need to be satisfied. Definitely liking it, and I appreciate the sand box mode would allow me to indulge more in what I care about. Blue Castle does a great job of doling things out as time goes on. Always a sign of a good game when you're thinking about what is possible when you're not playing.
Kane and Lynch 2 would always crash at startup for me. It would run if you started in offline mode.

Steam was trying to protect me from my Steam friends knowing I played that game.
It's not a bad game in co-op. Never played much of the multiplayer. Seems like some of the asymetric modes from the original were pretty cool. I got the impression people only play death match sadly.

Can any kind SteamGaffers help me get Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls from Best Buy? They're both $8 each in store but I'm in England so it's a bit tricky for me to get to a store. I just need the game codes inside so you can PM them to me after I pay via PayPal.

Durante

What the HELL is up with the prologue boss in Trails SC?

I know I'm playing on hard, but this isn't hard this is fucked up. I haven't had to work this hard to beat a boss in a JRPG in ages.

I know I'm playing on hard, but this isn't hard this is fucked up. I haven't had to work this hard to beat a boss in a JRPG in ages.

He's pretty tough in Normal too, but I heard he's crazy difficult in hard.

You have my condolences.

Hard in earlier Trails games are really the "ng+" version. Its mostly stats anyhow; its definately not Ys.

Knurek

Well, it's known that Falcom can't do difficulty scaling.
You either have a piss-easy experience on Normal or hair-yanking difficult one on Hard and above. In just about any of their games...

Can any kind SteamGaffers help me get Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls from Best Buy? They're both $8 each in store but I'm in England so it's a bit tricky for me to get to a store. I just need the game codes inside so you can PM them to me after I pay via PayPal.

I was just looking at these. The expansion is nowhere on the East Coast where I live. But there is a store close by where I go to school with the original.

I was thinking of picking it up tomorrow.

EDIT - lmao, sold out

Eila

The prologue and first chapter of the game were pretty though to me as well. The game becomes a lot more manageable once you get a full party, though.
I seriously thought I could manage nightmare difficulty when I started the game. The tutorial monsters wrecked me.

But they're happy to take your money in 2013 with no indication of delivering 3+ years later. Maybe. Delays happen but long, long ones are not cool when funded via KS, imo.

This is everything that's wrong with the mentality of gamers and crowd-funding. You are not pre-ordering a game. Kickstarter is not Gamestop. You are supporting a creator (or creators) with an idea you think is compelling and interesting that otherwise might not get funded and developed through traditional channels.

Durante

He's pretty tough in Normal too, but I heard he's crazy difficult in hard.

You have my condolences.
Well, I did ultimately beat him, but it was easily the most difficult fight I can remember in any JRPG I've played in the past 5+ years.

I needed to prepare for an hour, have a good strategy, use basically all my good items, and still get lucky in terms of RNG so he doesn't one-shot me at an inopportune moment.

Purkake4

Banned
Don't buy it if you expect something close to the fallout experience. It's more of a dungeon crawler with average to bad writing.
I'd rather like to think of it as Icewind Dale rather than say Baldur's Gate. There's a heavier focus on mechanics, but the gameplay is quite varied and you're never stuck in a "dungeon" for too long. It is also hard as balls, but there's usually some trick you can use to pull yourself out of most encounters.

Probably best to check out some gameplay videos to help get a feel for it.

This is everything that's wrong with the mentality of gamers and crowd-funding. You are not pre-ordering a game. Kickstarter is not Gamestop. You are supporting a creator (or creators) with an idea you think is compelling and interesting that otherwise might not get funded and developed through traditional channels.

I wish I could post this in every thread in gaming side where there are dumb complaints about crowd funding.

Also is Slain launching this week?

How much Stellaris hype is there in this thread? I suspect it's off the charts, one way or the other...
I'd rather like to think of it as Icewind Dale rather than say Baldur's Gate. There's a heavier focus on mechanics, but the gameplay is quite varied and you're never stuck in a "dungeon" for too long. It is also hard as balls, but there's usually some trick you can use to pull yourself out of most encounters.

This is Underrail you're describing?

If I had a signature I would put this quote in it. Well done.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just randomly got a coupon for Van Helsing III (66% off, making it $5.10). Figured it's worth throwing $5 at, especially since you can still redeem "The Final Cut" if you own all three. Might be worth giving another shot.

Is this a new record?

R8a4BsF.png

Just randomly got a coupon for Van Helsing III (66% off, making it $5.10). Figured it's worth throwing $5 at, especially since you can still redeem "The Final Cut" if you own all three. Might be worth giving another shot.

Same here. A shame it doesn't apply towards any additional discounts for the game. Might as well since I have Part I and II, then I can get Final Cut.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I have a love pillow of Marcus 'The Messiah' Rashford, also recognised as the greatest man who ever lived. Do I put that under 'anime'?

Anything happening to that pillow most certainly falls under "anime."

i'm a bit confused... So Ark Survival of the Fittest says it required ~37gb of space on my computer, but the download file is only 9gb. If I download the game, will it take up 37gb or 9gb?

And is there any way to free up space after downloading a game on Steam?

sadblob

Don't buy it if you expect something close to the fallout experience. It's more of a dungeon crawler with average to bad writing.

Probably best to check out some gameplay videos to help get a feel for it.
Yeah, I thought it was basically like fallout 1 and 2, but still I liked Icewind Dale a lot and after seeing some gameplay I'm convinced

sadblob

i'm a bit confused... So Ark Survival of the Fittest says it required ~37gb of space on my computer, but the download file is only 9gb. If I download the game, will it take up 37gb or 9gb?

And is there any way to free up space after downloading a game on Steam?
I guess it downloads 9gb of compressed files and the instalation takes up 37.
To free up some space you can check out tiki one cleaner, it basically removes the installables that Steam downloads with every game (visual c++, etc). You will certainly be very surprised when you see how much space that is. Would link it but I'm on mobile.

Popstar

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-C4F75EBDF3279AA0 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Never Alone Plus Foxtales DLC -- MB-E6CD90600B25B25D - Taken by someguyinahat. 4 entrants total.
t1458512695z1.png

I guess it downloads 9gb of compressed files and the instalation takes up 37.
To free up some space you can check out tiki one cleaner, it basically removes the installables that Steam downloads with every game (visual c++, etc). You will certainly be very surprised when you see how much space that is. Would link it but I'm on mobile.

Thanks!

Man oh man is Far Cry Primal fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom