• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/427660/
header.jpg

VMProtect has been removed from Tales of Symphonia.

60fps patch incoming?

Yeah, hopefully. Kaldeien has been working on it since las week or so, but the DRM is the real obstacle for him and his team. With that out of the way, the job will only get easier. Moreover, we don't have to deal with exe file for their tsfix anymore, only dll files just like Zestiria.

giphy.gif

Sigh..come on MS.

This is not how you bring PC gaming into the golden age. smh

They were never going to in the first place. Anything Microsoft produces is in all likelihood going to be a crippled, gimped version on PC.

They made their bed. They can lie in it.

What's this?

A giveaway?

Is it a copy of Army of Tentacles?

No.

No it's not.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

this is a game about making Indie Games. IT'S TIME THAT YOU ALL FEEL MY PAIN! -- MB-64879311EBD04014 - Taken by Knurek

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bonsai -- MB-CFBBAD4984F98700 - Taken by MaxiLive
Broken Dreams -- MB-6CE3F6ED6293977B - Taken by Saty
Jerry Rice & Nitus' Dog Football -- MB-A87F4E5540722A30 - Taken by Kifimbo
Porradaria 2: Pagode of the Night #4 -- MB-B69E027CFD466705 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Porradaria 2: Pagode of the Night #5 -- MB-4493FDDD1D78B4B0 - Taken by dave is ok
Porradaria 2: Pagode of the Night #6 -- MB-B689F1A155364CF2 - Taken by voodooray
Porradaria 2: Pagode of the Night #1 -- MB-268960B041E61CBC - Taken by Nabs
Porradaria 2: Pagode of the Night #2 -- MB-8B666F18A3E6570D - Taken by Hektor
Porradaria 2: Pagode of the Night #3 -- MB-4A384DA65FDD8F49 - Taken by KenOD

MaxiLive

Thanks JaseC :)

I've been playing far too much Stardew Valley, such a great change in pace from the games I've been playing recently and each day provides a new challenge/surprise. I'm still seasons away from making any decent progress with upgrades... I need to up my farming game.

I've also jumped on the Vive pre-order hype train after being an avid user of the DK2. I can't wait to try Job Simulator it looks like a blast. I hope someone makes a multiplayer based playroom game similar to what Oculus showed off with the touch, I'm sure that makes for a surreal experience.

I also finally upgraded from my iPhone 4 to a Samsung S6 today and I'm completely lost on how to use the Andriod OS :D

Dr Dogg

Why would they need drivers? For example Ubisoft games have native DS4 support so there is no need for 3rd party app. In same way PS4 Stream app cold have native support.

Because Remote Play relies on 2 things not supported natively by direct input, the PS Button and advanced use of the Touchpad (well in the Vita's case). Might be built into the Remote Play application but a more graceful solution would be a device specific driver path as you can expand upon at a later point and not application tied.

dex3108

Because Remote Play relies on 2 things not supported natively by direct input, the PS Button and advanced use of the Touchpad (well in the Vita's case). Might be built into the Remote Play application but a more graceful solution would be a device specific driver path as you can expand upon at a later point and not application tied.

You really think that they will go that far? It took them years to implement appear offline feature :D

jediyoshi

Can't applications still specifically target them without the need for another driver? Steam BPM makes use of the PS button and Ubi's implementation of the touchpad is identical to the console versions of multiplat games.

Zeknurn

I've also jumped on the Vive pre-order hype train after being an avid user of the DK2. I can't wait to try Job Simulator it looks like a blast. I hope someone makes a multiplayer based playroom game similar to what Oculus showed off with the touch, I'm sure that makes for a surreal experience.

Ask and thou shall receive.

It's one of my most anticipated VR titles, at least until Garry's Mod gets VR support.

Ludens

Banned
The new Umbrella Corps trailer shows wa off the game modes. Still looking good to me for a 30 dollar title.

Did Capcom say the game is 30$?
To me it looks horrible even for 20€, I'll give it a try for completion's sake when it will be 5€.
If servers will be still online, of course.

Dr Dogg

You really think that they will go that far? It took them years to implement appear offline feature :D

Can't applications still specifically target them without the need for another driver? Steam BPM makes use of the PS button and Ubi's implementation of the touchpad is identical to the console versions of multiplat games.

Of course and just as the DS4Windows guys allow use of the touchpad for the user. But this has been done on the application developers end so if Sony wants this to work then they themselves are going to write their own solution. Now instead of say just bundling this with their own application for its sole use, just like all the other uses you've described, they instead make this a driver then there's at least a universal way to access those features. But as dex says it's Sony so probably isn't going to happen.

Knurek

Of course and just as the DS4Windows guys allow use of the touchpad for the user. But this has been done on the application developers end so if Sony wants this to work then they themselves are going to write their own solution. Now instead of say just bundling this with their own application for its sole use, just like all the other uses you've described, they instead make this a driver then there's at least a universal way to access those features. But as dex says it's Sony so probably isn't going to happen.

Well, all those SecuROM devs are probably looking for something to do at the moment.
Sony may as well use their experience in writing PC software for the driver and/or RemotePlay app.

jediyoshi

I can't possibly see how, seeing as in both scenarios they're implementing the controller being used anyway, they go with the solution that takes more effort with less of a reason to do so :p

Vuze

So Gamepur reported a rumor writing Ubisoft would refund FC: Primal or give you a free game from their library in case the game run bad for you, but later they modified the article removing the refund paragraph.
http://www.gamepur.com/news/22314-f...ked-860mb-patch-also-live-players-report.html

http://www.everyeye.it/notizie/far-cry-primal-per-pc-segnalati-i-primi-problemi-tecnici-254324.html
Some random with a few posts on the ubi(?) forum made this whole refund thing up, news outlets picked it up and yeah. He later admitted it was all BS afaik

giphy.gif

Today is Super Tuesday in the US. This year, we as a nation will probably select the two worst candidates for both parties to battle for our amusement (and to the rest of the world's horror) come November for the position of President.

So to "celebrate", here is a bunch of really lame giveaways. Note, all these keys probably work but, much like congress, there is no guarantee they will work.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 11 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
BIK (Desura) -- MB-8ADE40B7AAE0EC11
ulgzbKC.png
WAR OF THE HUMAN TANKS (Desura) -- MB-2BF6A33E014C028E
BLAM BLAM PLANET (itch.io) -- MB-31D44BB5A101B663 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
BOXESWITHGUNS (Desura) -- MB-A0661D4550911927
Brazen Prototype Steam Key 2 -- MB-0EEC80C648B42FAE - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype Steam Key 1 -- MB-AD0133EB5947BFE4 - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
SANCTUARYRPG (Desura) -- MB-29B4AF786B28DBB2 - Taken by mp1990. 1 entrants total.
KUNOI (itch.io) -- MB-BBB001F5452BC7BA - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
CARRIE'S ORDER UP (itch.io) -- MB-5F9B8E37E44BBE0B - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
RAGE PARKING SIMULATOR 2016 (itch.io) -- MB-CA6427B6CC7BDE40
MAJOR CONTRACT (itch.io) -- MB-5FA71C16CD8A457B
ulgzbKC.png
LIFE OF PIXEL (Desura) -- MB-3CA524EB21ECB521
ulgzbKC.png
CROIXLEUR (Desura) -- MB-1E7DA14966E2EC97 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
GASPAR'S GHOST PANIC (itch.io) -- MB-D2E948E1B547D06D
ulgzbKC.png
KANSEI (Desura) -- MB-4C191740DF6E6B54
ulgzbKC.png
JISEI (Desura) -- MB-31330A7A549F7A00
ulgzbKC.png
FURRY 2 ULTIMATE EDITION (Desura) -- MB-B14EA357D1CE2002
ulgzbKC.png
ALCARYS COMPLEX (Desura) -- MB-874934CB35A22327
ulgzbKC.png
ZOMBIES GROUPEES LIMITED EDITION (Desura) -- MB-074BCC045D83CD6E

t1456848053z1.png

Tenrius

i don't like to give money recommendations cos money means something different to each, so can't really tell you

for me 40 bucks is a lot of money but the witness wasn't really a game i was gonna wait for a sale or whatever. some games i really like playing on release to be part of the conversation and this was definitely one of them, analyzing where it succeeds and where it fails and comparing my experience to others was really important to me personally, and even if i struggled to get a grasp of what the game was really about i feel like i'm there now and i can really appreciate what it's trying to do

so yeah i can't tell you about money but if you like puzzle games and you like critically thinking about games mechanics and game design then it's probably gonna be a really good idea to pick this up. it's not quite as approacheable as braid but i find some things about it are more sophisticated and may be a better reflection of blow as a designer than what braid did. some other things are a bit questionable but even those are a good point of conversation

so yeah idk, it's a game i've been following for a long while and i had a lot of expectations for. ymmv if that's not the case for you

I was joking actually, referring to the GAF controversy surrounding the price around release date. A lot of people seemed to think it was too expensive for a game like this (I don't really get why it supposedly deserves a lower price though; sounds absurd to me).

But I'm glad you enjoyed it!

The "My loot" command says that the ones marked with stars weren't taken in a previous raffle, should work, might not, might do, probably, I'm not sure, what's the worst that could happen?

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

This Book Is A Dungeon -- MB-37977B1842E13329 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Hordelicious -- MB-AC1931BD037627EC - Taken by septicore
*StarMade -- MB-0637D930320CD326 - Taken by bloke
Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-1319F844A502FC0F - Taken by Loptous
Belladonna -- MB-1097A619CFB3EA7B - Taken by Baron_Calamity
*Symphony -- MB-8218D62098140469 - Taken by Zeeman
*Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-B7754F917F5E5067 - Taken by Megauap
*Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-85EE385511748DF6 - Taken by ThirtyFour
*Abyss Odyssey -- MB-3C2DDD2DBED62162 - Taken by Wok
Proto Raider -- MB-2F3F894669AACA35 - Taken by yoshizzle

of course there are spiders in sunless sea

Have you considered steps to try to minimize your arachnophobia?

Like exposure that you work on weekly, gradually working from what gives you the least amount of anxiety with spiders to the higher things (like handling one, I'm guessing.)

Mivey

VMProtect has been removed from Tales of Symphonia.

60fps patch incoming?

Are we sure this was done deliberately? Maybe they just forgot to add it to the .exe after they built/compiled a new version of the game. With these idiots, nothing would surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom