• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonglow

I ended up getting the Square Enix Easter bundle even though I got burned on the last one. If I do get duplicates, I figure I can just give them away since people have been generous here.

Someone mentioned the "more like dungeon crawler instead of Fallout experience" thing about UnderRail some pages back and honestly I am 20 hours in and I have no idea where those sentiments come from. Maybe someone has forgotten how many bunkers and caves there are in Fallout?

Last year

Doctor-Strange-promo-still-Benedict-Cumberbatch-2.jpg
Ew, is that fanpic or PR?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And how, precisely, am I being untruthful here?

The Ghost Song Kickstarter was successfully completed September 4th 2013. So you're exaggerating the time period about when the kickstarter was succesfully completed. Are you one of the 3014 backers that helped contribute 54,007$? How much did you pay that makes you feel so entitled and angry about its 2+ year developement cycle by what looks to be an individual? There's been multiple updates every few months on the kickstarter campaign page, the latest of which is going to be PAX East to show the game off:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192311215/ghost-song-a-journey-of-hope/posts/1505084

I've worked in the games industry, 3+ years on a game that was in development for 5+ years by a team of 200+ people. Ghost Song looks like it's a passion project by one developer, the 2+ year development cycle is normal, they've regularly provided their kickstarter campaign with progress updates, and that 54K is chump change that an individual has to live off of or, worse, pay a small team of people with.

http://www.ghostsonggame.com/gs/about/

Oh hey look, it's one dev, probably with a bit of sub-contracting for certain aspects of the game and paying for things like voice actors. And look, there was even a projected released date for this year on the game's website.

What about this situation is untoward exactly? What makes you so righteously upset? Or am I wasting my time even asking?

tumblr_m91f39falg1qb3fhwo1_500.gif

I don't know how you guys did in 84 cycles that doubling numbers segment in TIS-100, what kind of magic did you use?
Never mind, I think I have it, will try when I get back home.

Deques

I got a coupon for Van Helsing 3.
If I buy the third game and own the two previous ones. Will I automatically get the Final Cut version or is there a procedure that I need to do?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got a coupon for Van Helsing 3.
If I buy the third game and own the two previous ones. Will I automatically get the Final Cut version or is there a procedure that I need to do?

There's a procedure

Tizoc

Every woman I've dated has, knowingly or otherwise, pinched a jumper from me. It's a cruel world out there. ;)
Can u blame them? With all the bitey beasts u got down at aussie of course theyd need to protect themselves by wearing double jumpers and whatnot
All the kevler was prob stolen by th kangaroos and other beasties

Deques

I'd like to know the procedure, please share :)

Answering my own question. Here is how you get your free Final Cut version
http://steamcommunity.com/app/400170/discussions/0/490125103628159104/
[IMPORTANT] Redeem your Free Final Cut here!
Welcome, fellow hunters!

As you might have noticed already, Van Helsing:Final Cut has just been released!
As a reward for our true fans, we are gifting the entire game for those brave adventurers who already own the full Van Helsing trilogy.

To redeem the free game, go to http://neocoregames.com/redeem/ and log in with your account.

EDIT: You have to set your profile to Public when you redeem the code. After that, you can go back to Private once again.

EDIT 2: If you have a duplicate code, refresh the code page and you should receive a new one. If that doesn't happen, write an email to support@neocoregames.com In the mail don't forget to mention your Steam ID and the key that you've received.

Alternatively, you can add me on Steam and I'll fix it for you via chat during the day.

If anyone is getting "Your steamID is" without any Steam ID and page saying that you're ineligible, try to re-login.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The origins of digital hoarding.

If only TF2 had jumpers instead of hats.

what the hell is wrong with izombie, how come there are no more episodes

im going crazy here

It's back tomorrow and has a normal weekly run through to the two-part finale:

28. 2-15 22 Mar 16 He Blinded Me with Science
29. 2-16 29 Mar 16 Pour Some Sugar, Zombie
30. 2-17 05 Apr 16 Reflections of the Way Liv Used to Be
31. 2-18 12 Apr 16 Episode 18
32. 2-19 12 Apr 16 Episode 19

Rhaknar

Wasn't it automatic if you bought all 3 on the same storefront and you oly needed to contact the devs if it was across stores?

oh is it? I always heard you had to contact the dev anyway

And how, precisely, am I being untruthful here?

The Ghost Song Kickstarter was successfully completed September 4th 2013. So you're exaggerating the time period about when the kickstarter was succesfully completed. Are you one of the 3014 backers that helped contribute 54,007$? How much did you pay that makes you feel so entitled and angry about its 2+ year developement cycle by what looks to be an individual? There's been multiple updates every few months on the kickstarter campaign page, the latest of which is going to be PAX East to show the game off:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192311215/ghost-song-a-journey-of-hope/posts/1505084

I've worked in the games industry, 3+ years on a game that was in development for 5+ years by a team of 200+ people. Ghost Song looks like it's a passion project by one developer, the 2+ year development cycle, from the outside looking in, looks pretty normal with a project of this scale, they've regularly provided their kickstarter campaign with progress updates, and that 54K is chump change that an individual has to live off of or, worse, pay a small team of people with.

http://www.ghostsonggame.com/gs/about/

Oh hey look, it's one dev, probably with a bit of sub-contracting for certain aspects of the game and paying for things like voice actors. And look, there was even a projected released date for this year on the game's website.

What about this situation is untoward exactly? What makes you so righteously upset? Or am I wasting my time even asking?

Good post

But the dude you are responding to has been sitting on Jobbs for quite awhile.

I don't know what triggered it.

If I were Jobbs, maybe i would report this to a mod as harassment or what not.

Such dogshit

Arthea

http://www.fandompost.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Doctor-Strange-Anime.jpg[/IMG

there, recognize him now?

[SPOILER]anime was truly a mistake[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

nope, I still don't
I'm pretty sure

I googled it, it has something to do with comics? Then yeah, I wouldn't know

Rhaknar

so can anyone confirm that if you buy van helsing 3 with the voucher you can redeem the final cut?

and also, do you only need to own the main games, or also the dlc? because I dont have the dlc for 2

got my finger on the purchase button waiting for confrimation :eek:

Eila

so can anyone confirm that if you buy van helsing 3 with the voucher you can redeem the final cut?

and also, do you only need to own the main games, or also the dlc? because I dont have the dlc for 2

got my finger on the purchase button waiting for confrimation :eek:

Yes and base game is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom