• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Cyborg has some bitchin' music. Very weird that it doesn't recognize a controller but only keyboard. Feels very awkward to play a 2D action-platformer not on a controller with a dpad.

Tizoc

Super Cyborg has some bitchin' music. Very weird that it doesn't recognize a controller but only keyboard. Feels very awkward to play a 2D action-platformer not on a controller with a dpad.

Pfft I've played various games with keyboard controls only for years now.

Reminder that the Steam community at large killed Treasure that time when Ikaruga had the vote on holiday sale and lost.

Also I've been hyping Slain for a long time now so I'll be grabbing it for sure.

Tizoc

Reminder that the Steam community at large killed Treasure that time when Ikaruga had the vote on holiday sale and lost.

Also I've been hyping Slain for a long time now so I'll be grabbing it for sure.
Did u post this in the treasure thread?
Cus the game was usd 5 during sales but people still sidnt buy it :v

Did u post this in the treasure thread?
Cus the game was usd 5 during sales but people still sidnt buy it :v
I did not. I still think that was the game's big chance to get good sales because I don't ever remember it being featured as a sale again.

And now I'll never get Radiant Silvergun.

bbd23

Dark Souls 2 players I need your help lmao.

just lit a primal bonfire after beating that big ass spider boss but it turned into some weird creature thing. is this gonna kill me? do I go near it? im so spooked I dont want to lose my souls guys

YmLb.png

rtcn63

just lit a primal bonfire after beating that big ass spider boss but it turned into some weird creature thing. is this gonna kill me? do I go near it? im so spooked I dont want to lose my souls guys

Pretty sure that's the scolari of the first sun

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Give it a hug

Pretty sure that's the scolari of the first sun

Luiz-Felipe-Scolari.jpg

Dsyndrome

You're fine for now.. later, maybe not.

Stall19

Welp, bought the Square-Enix mystery bundle. Hoping for Lightning Returns or good enough stuff to trade for Lightning Returns. Prepared to be disappointed.

I think the Diablo 3 urge has passed. I should be safe for the moment.

-------

Don't take this the wrong way but i hope the majority of SteamGAF is upset about the contents of the box.

Unless the majority of SteamGAF could not help themselves and bought it as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why would you want people to not get good shit with the money they spent? What a dickish thing to say

Jawmuncher

Freaking Megaman gets a survey about a possible 11 and more collections. Onimusha gets a new trademark.

Dino crisis gets jack shit. Like what did I even do to deserve this Capcom? I even bought Dino crisis 3, I EVEN BOUGHT IT!

kagamin

Freaking Megaman gets a survey about a possible 11 and more collections. Onimusha gets a new trademark.

Dino crisis gets jack shit. Like what did I even do to deserve this Capcom? I even bought Dino crisis 3, I EVEN BOUGHT IT!

You didn't buy Namco x Capcom or the Dead Rising 3 xbone exclusive DLC did you? :p

I just updated Win7 and now they are offering me a personal assistant. So I Google her and she is this naked blue woman.

I am going to hold out and see if they up their offer.

Carm

Apparently someone just attempted to log into my Steam account from Iran o_O. Never used the password anywhere but Steam, for years. Haven't even typed it into the client in a long time, very odd. Changed it though, just strange that it happened.

So disingenuous.

And how, precisely, am I being untruthful here?

But they're happy to take your money in 2013 with no indication of delivering 3+ years later. Maybe. Delays happen but long, long ones are not cool when funded via KS, imo.

The Ghost Song Kickstarter was successfully completed September 4th 2013. So you're exaggerating the time period about when the kickstarter was succesfully completed. Are you one of the 3014 backers that helped contribute 54,007$? How much did you pay that makes you feel so entitled and angry about its 2+ year developement cycle by what looks to be an individual? There's been multiple updates every few months on the kickstarter campaign page, the latest of which is going to be PAX East to show the game off:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192311215/ghost-song-a-journey-of-hope/posts/1505084

I plan to be at PAX East to meet people and show/talk Ghost Song, but more on that later once it's a sure thing.

I've worked in the games industry, 3+ years on a game that was in development for 5+ years by a team of 200+ people. Ghost Song looks like it's a passion project by one developer, the 2+ year development cycle, from the outside looking in, looks pretty normal with a project of this scale, they've regularly provided their kickstarter campaign with progress updates, and that 54K is chump change that an individual has to live off of or, worse, pay a small team of people with.

http://www.ghostsonggame.com/gs/about/

Created by Matt White of Columbus, Ohio, the game remains mostly a one man operation
Studio: Old Moon Games
Platforms: Confirmed for Steamworks PC, Mac, and Linux. Console versions are in the plans but not officially announced or confirmed
Release date: TBA, likely late Q1 2016

Oh hey look, it's one dev, probably with a bit of sub-contracting for certain aspects of the game and paying for things like voice actors. And look, there was even a projected released date for this year on the game's website.

What about this situation is untoward exactly? What makes you so righteously upset? Or am I wasting my time even asking?

dot

no one cares about dino crisis

let it go son

Rhaknar

EA is an acronym I can get behind.

Edit: ohmygawd is the new Marvel movie really out in May?! I thought it was end-of-year for some reason...

Civil War in May, Dr.Strange in November

Luke Cage netflix show in september

I haven't been this excited to see a Cap movie since the time they first revealed the Spiderman cameo.

...Yeah, I don't like any of the Cap movies. Better action than Iron Man, but worse writing... somehow.

Also, having seen Ant-Man now, I dunno how they'll beat him. Ants are unstoppable--like Groot, but not banished to cosmic MCU.
no one cares about dino crisis

let it go son

Zfp47v3.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I still have a free movie ticket that's been gathering dust since Christmas. I was going to use it to see Brooklyn, but the theatre decided against screening the film, and it can't be used for 3D films whatsoever, which ruled out Star Wars (I was hoping to just pay the difference).

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I still have a free movie ticket that's been gathering dust since Christmas. I was going to use it to see Brooklyn, but the theatre decided against screening the film, and it can't be used for 3D films whatsoever, which ruled out Star Wars (I was hoping to just pay the difference).

go on a date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom