• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unai

That's very interesting and makes a lot of sense.

By the way, how are the layers like wine nowadays? Are they stable enough to play most games with little performance loss? I don't have many reasons to stay with windows besides gaming to be honest, and windows 10 just keep pissing me off. If I could play Dark Souls 3 and other games in general that don't have native versions without loosing much, I think I would ready to make the jump.

Edit: It looks like the support for DirectX 11 games are still very early on, so not really a real option for me.

Phinor

Hopefully I didn't fail copy/paste.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phinor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Quantum Conundrum -- MB-98CF56F38CB1F817 - Taken by kulapik. 8 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-4B500B98F83A9148 - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.

t1458575818z1.png

Telltale is going to fuck up Batman like they did Jurassic Park. I can feel it.

eh, to be fair to them they were trying new things with Jurassic Park. That game very clearly came out in a post-Heavy Rain world and it showed in how much they leaned into that type of gameplay in Jurassic Park.

Batman really depends on which Telltale we're getting: If it's TWD S1 and Tales of the Borderlands TT then it'll be terrific, if it's any other TT then it can be poopy. To their credit, the last season they did based on a comic series was The Wolf Among Us and I really liked it.

gelf

SE bundle:

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Quantum Conondrum
Sleeping Dogs definitive edition
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut

Typical. The one I skip is the one with nothing I already own. Hopefully they'll be in the Square humble bundle for cheaper next week like last time.

Stall19

SE bundle:

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Quantum Conondrum
Sleeping Dogs definitive edition
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut

I don't own any other these on PC but damn I wanted Lightning Returns. I don't have XIII-2 on PC but I beat the PS3 version so I'm not sure I want to play it again. Hmm wonder If I could trade for it with this....

fantomena

XLive is so slow. I started downloading QB 6 hours ago and it's not even 45%. Won't probably play it until tommorrow. :(

If it was a Steam game I would finished downloading it 4 hours ago.

Kaleinc

Banned
That's very interesting and makes a lot of sense.

By the way, how are the layers like wine nowadays? Are they stable enough to play most games with little performance loss? I don't have many reasons to stay with windows besides gaming to be honest, and windows 10 just keep pissing me off. If I could play Dark Souls 3 and other games in general that don't have native versions without loosing much, I think I would ready to make the jump.

Edit: It looks like the support for DirectX 11 games are still very early on, so not really a real option for me.
Why then don't you stick to win7 which is silky smooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom