• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00d3n

Thanks, I feel stupid that it has been so long. I remember wanting this feature, but not finding any solution in Steam (obviously some time before August 2014). Well, it is a great and useful feature from my perspective. I always assumed that Valve didn't want it to avoid excessive bandwidth usage from Steam users.

xist

anyone get the Square Enix mystery box thing?

I don't trust it not to be terrible, especially now that they've added the non-refundable clause after the Christmas Box refund requests. Although I'm sure that's contradictory to UK distance selling regulations...

Corpekata

Banned
Finally finished Axiom Verge.

I like the actual exploration mechanics and some of the boss fights are fun, but man is the moment to moment combat in that game an absolute chore. There's some cleverness in it in that the game seems to encourage metagaming things so you're never even in the line of fire, but there's just too much of it, enemies often move too fast and have too much health.

Popstar

Looks like Desura is gone for good. Nobody's been able to connect for the last day or so, and it's impossible to connect to their servers.
I managed to complete getting Steam copies of anything I had on Desura that was also on Steam a little while ago. And downloaded anything that I owned on Desura but wasn't available on Steam.

I'm surprised it was up for as long as it was after the bankruptcy.

#savetheprinnies
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Far Cry Primal (uPlay) -- MB-2DC74649687375AA - Taken by kagamin. 70 entrants total.

t1458520550z1.png
Final reminder woo

Phawx

What does this do, and how to do it?

You can download a program called HostsMan which will make it a bit easier to manage your hosts file.

It will look like a notepad when opened. Just literally copy/paste the entries listed and save the file. Now when you go to those URLs, you'll use the ones listed in your hosts file.

Think of you hosts file as the first stop for DNSlike services.

Edit: Added the entries and Desura loads but I can't log in.

me0wish

You can download a program called HostsMan which will make it a bit easier to manage your hosts file.

It will look like a notepad when opened. Just literally copy/paste the entries listed and save the file. Now when you go to those URLs, you'll use the ones listed in your hosts file.

Think of you hosts file as the first stop for DNSlike services.

Cool, thanks for explaining (and sharing madjoki), will try it out tomorrow.

Tesseract

Banned
Just got gta v, what do I need to disable for 1080p/60fps

i7 4790k
gtx 970
16gb ram

Someone mentioned ticking grass or shadows down a notch, or something

-MD-

Dunno where else to ask this but what's a good stylus replacement for a 3DSXL? Borrowed my brother my handheld and of course the stylus comes back missing.

Should I just order an official one off Nintendo's site or are there better ones available?

Just got gta v, what do I need to disable for 1080p/60fps

i7 4790k
gtx 970
16gb ram

Someone mentioned ticking grass or shadows down a notch, or something

It's mostly the advanced graphic settings if I recall correctly, the rest can be maxed. Then it depends if you really hate pop in, in that case you need to enable a few of those advanced settings and disable others. Don't have the game installed anymore so I'm going from memory.

Popstar

Dunno where else to ask this but what's a good stylus replacement for a 3DSXL? Borrowed my brother my handheld and of course the stylus comes back missing.

Should I just order an official one off Nintendo's site or are there better ones available?
They come with a spare stylus so if you still have the box take a look to see if you have one there first.

Teggy

Holy shit guys I won this from playing Battlefield on EVGA servers a couple of weekends ago. I've never won anything, like, ever. So cool.

1x EVGA Z170 Classified K Motherboard
1x Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor

Jawmuncher

Just go with an official one, since you can slot it in.

Holy shit guys I won this from playing Battlefield on EVGA servers a couple of weekends ago. I've never won anything, like, ever. So cool.

Now you only need to win a 980Ti and some RAM. grats!

Teggy

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Slain going to be linear level based or more in the Metroidvania style, do we known?

Edit: guess we dont know :p

Thanks guys. I have an i5-4460 now and I've been saving credit card rewards to buy the successor to the 980Ti or maybe Titan. Now it will be an even better upgrade.

Now question is do I need to actually tear my whole PC apart or would just changing the processor be enough?
Put all of your old parts on the new board, with new CPU.

Thanks guys. I have an i5-4460 now and I've been saving credit card rewards to buy the successor to the 980Ti or maybe Titan. Now it will be an even better upgrade.

Now question is do I need to actually tear my whole PC apart or would just changing the processor be enough?

Your 4460 is haswell + z97 motherboard so for the 6700K you will need the new motherboard (z170) and DDR4.

I wish I could post this in every thread in gaming side where there are dumb complaints about crowd funding.

I think the promise of getting a copy of what they're helping to crowdfund is what muddies the waters for some. What should be joy or pride at helping to champion a creator and their idea in some small way becomes embittered entitlement over their output.

tuxfool

Banned
I think the promise of getting a copy of what they're helping to crowdfund is what muddies the waters for some. What should be joy or pride at helping to champion a creator and their idea in some small way becomes embittered entitlement over their output.

Some people just don't have the patience to see a game through from the beginning of development.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This is everything that's wrong with the mentality of gamers and crowd-funding. You are not pre-ordering a game. Kickstarter is not Gamestop. You are supporting a creator (or creators) with an idea you think is compelling and interesting that otherwise might not get funded and developed through traditional channels.
So disingenuous.

Congrats! Make sure to report it as income on your taxes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom