• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Doctor-Strange-Anime.jpg

there, recognize him now?

anime was truly a mistake
Is that gintama?

Sch1sm

Steams sales stopped being exciting since 2 years ago.

Or is that just me?

Those subsequent Steam sales just weren't as good as your first time, and that's okay. They've probably been less exciting because you see the whole blue [IN LIBRARY] badge everywhere.

I was still excited about them until the new format happened, then it just became underwhelming. I used to wake up for the turn of the flash deals at 5 AM, a bit before just to see if I'd impulsively buy anything.

This looks all sorts of cool; was probably posted by someone already, but just in case:

Wishlisted, thank you~

yuraya

Steams sales stopped being exciting since 2 years ago.

Or is that just me?

The price mistakes

The russian bear

The corrupt flash voting system

The excitement for the Alan Wake and Skyrim dailies.

Good times :( rip steam seal. We will always have those memories.

I'm here to tell you a story, a story about the game Assassin's Creed: Rogue

It's a story of a game being better than ACIII and ACIV and yet no one played it. It's also likely better than Unity but i haven't played that yet.

It's a game where the missions aren't all shitty tailing and stealth missions, where you're actually enjoying the shit that happens when you're not pretending to be a pirate.

And, its story is actually pretty interesting if you have anything invested in the series' nonsense.

I'm almost done with it (seems pretty short for a mainline AC game) but I've really enjoyed this like a billion times more than ACIV given that its campaign isn't dogshit.

Sch1sm

It's a story of a game being better than ACIII and ACIV and yet no one played it. It's also likely better than Unity but i haven't played that yet.

It's a game where the missions aren't all shitty tailing and stealth missions, where you're actually enjoying the shit that happens when you're not pretending to be a pirate.

And, its story is actually pretty interesting if you have anything invested in the series' nonsense.

I'm almost done with it (seems pretty short for a mainline AC game) but I've really enjoyed this like a billion times more than ACIV given that its campaign isn't dogshit.

Is it really mainline? Felt weird that it was released on last gen consoles, but I guess Unity must have been the priority there at the time. Who knows. I'll take a hack at it. You had me at "the missions aren't all shitty tailing," because that's probably why it took me so long to play anything past IV.

Sarcasm

Funny thing is I am looking forward to the sale. Previously I just got worried about all the stress, no sleep and checking while working plus missing price errors.

Is it really mainline? Felt weird that it was released on last gen consoles, but I guess Unity must have been the priority there at the time. Who knows. I'll take a hack at it. You had me at "the missions aren't all shitty tailing," because that's probably why it took me so long to play anything past IV.

well, it's not a throwaway game like those 2D Mark-of-the-ninja clones or Liberation HD. And while perhaps the story in Rogue is self contained, it's telling that I'm enjoying watching it play out more than ACIV.

Milamber

But how many feathers do I need to collect?

Telltale says that Batman will debut their upgraded engine, is now 350 people

"We've got a whole lot of new technology that's going in that you'll start to see in Batman, and Telltale games going forward [...] We have a bunch of new engineers that have been working on rendering technology - non-photorealistic rendering technology [...] but it's really cool, very much upgraded from the kinds of things that you've seen from Telltale in the past [...] It's still a Telltale game, so it'll be evolved from what you've seen before, but I think a more significant step than you've seen from any of our products in the past."
How Telltale responds to criticisms from lots of work: They have grown a lot, currently have 350 people. Had 70 people around Season 1. Built to have four full projects at once, growing quick is hard but they reached end goal, you will see Telltale settling in this year. You will see "episodes coming out on time," new technology will "finally blossom." They aim to make Telltale feel more like a movie studio than a game company - they look to Netflix, HBO, etc

I hope telltale steps up their animation game. I've never had issues with the look of their games but the way their characters animate has always looked dated.

350? Damn.

I guess we will see "150 people fired from Telltale" in 3-4 years.

well, let's see.

They have batman happening, GoT S2, their Marvel game, and another season of TWD.

I'd say that if we don't hear of another project after batman that, yeah, that should be cause for concern

Oh wow, wonder if we would get Steam Keys for those that purchased the game before :O
That game (The Sea Will Claim Everything) sounds familar...ah I got it via the indie royale lunar bundle* and I have a single Desura key for all the games (in this respect it might be a good thing as I still have it rather than given it away...I'm kicking myself over losing Steam keys to a couple of games in my bout of generosity)

*-It was in the first Bundle-In-A-Box too the Adventure Bundle.

The dev has said what will happen:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/337720/discussions/0/385428943462473125/#c385428943462531240 said:
Keys will become available to everyone who bought it on Humble automatically on the day the game is released on Steam. Or at least they should - I uploaded a bunch of keys already, and I hope the system makes them retroactively available. If not, I'll contact someone at Humble and make sure that happens.

FastSpring customers will hopefully soon get copies on Humble, which should include Steam keys.

Indiegogo backers will get keys sent to their emails.

People who bought the game via the defunct Bundle in a Box or IndieRoyale bundles won't automatically get keys, as I have no way of delivering them, but if you forward me your receipt, you can get a key.
Better hope you kept your receipt then...

Dark Souls 2 players I need your help lmao.

just lit a primal bonfire after beating that big ass spider boss but it turned into some weird creature thing. is this gonna kill me? do I go near it? im so spooked I dont want to lose my souls guys
You'll see plenty of "wtf" moments. Don't overthink, jump right at it. Experience, get crushed and learn. That's the fun way to Soulsing.
Last year

Doctor-Strange-promo-still-Benedict-Cumberbatch-2.jpg
I know you're a comic book nerd but Dr. Strange is the blankest of blank images in my head. No clue what to expect.

I hope telltale steps up their animation game. I've never had issues with the look of their games but the way their characters animate has always looked dated.

well, let's see.

They have batman happening, GoT S2, their Marvel game, and another season of TWD.

I'd say that if we don't hear of another project after batman that, yeah, that should be cause for concern

I just wonder if people get oversaturated with the same old formula again and again.

Ludens

Banned
SE bundle:

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Quantum Conondrum
Sleeping Dogs definitive edition
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom