• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
How many of you play primarily on PC, or don't even own a console?

Considering selling my PS4 and XB1 to fund my gaming PC

EDIT: Also, WTF at that Dark Souls III price hike

I primarily play on PC but I still use my consoles occasionally but it tends to be the older ones. Got my Twin Famicom RGB modded so now the picture is awesome!
DTYLJyu.png
Definitive legacy collection with no weird emulation issues. ;D

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Are you sure there isn't significant lag, seeing as Mega Man is about to die from missing an easy jump?

Was just messing around playing through the capture card for a screen to show someone. Don't get ElGato's kids!
When I actually play with the pass-through it's completely fine since it's just sending the signal to my monitor.

Honestly compared to the emulation it feels much better to play overall since it responds immediately which is great for reaction time.

Salsa

I only play on PC, 3DS, and still my DSi XL. Other than that I have stuff like a PSP collecting dust.

my kidney for a WiiU with Mario Maker tho. damn regional prices

Momentary

Banned
How many of you play primarily on PC, or don't even own a console?

Considering selling my PS4 and XB1 to fund my gaming PC

EDIT: Also, WTF at that Dark Souls III price hike

I haven't owned a console since 2009... always had a console since 1987 before then. I don't miss them one bit.

mp1990

Banned
Why does Toukiden: Kiwami have such a low user score? It looks and sounds awesome, like a more accessible Monster Hunter.

I'm cogitating checking it out, although I'm still divided between it and Day of the Tentacle Remastered, and I have a hunch that my money would be better invested on the latter.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I haven't owned a console since 2009... always had a console since 1987 before then. I don't miss them one bit.

Think the only things I'd miss would be the eco system and the fact all my friends bar two play on console

Lomax

Why does Toukiden: Kiwami have such a low user score? It looks and sounds awesome, like a more accessible Monster Hunter.

I'm cogitating checking it out, although I'm still divided between it and Day of the Tentacle Remastered, and I have a hunch that my money would be better invested on the latter.

It's Koei, so the port is probably terrible, overpriced, and abandoned.

Like others have said, history tells us DOTT will be cheap sooner rather than layer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Its another koei bad port

I play mostly PC but am hooked on Rock Band as well on Xbox One.

Cannot wait for Souls 3, was the 770 what they said for max settings at 1440p or for 1080p at 60fps?

Red Hood

Banned
I am screwed, got a GTX 670 =(

I wouldn't worry too much. Unless you were hoping for max detail 60fps on 1440p, it'll probably run well enough. The difference between low and max isn't as big as you'd except most of the times, and since a GTX 465 is given as a minimum, I'm sure a 670 would have no trouble yielding a satisfying result.

I think it's the CPU (and maybe RAM) you need to worry about, since both DS1 and DS2 weren't that taxing on GPU at all.

Annubis

My mouse is quickly approaching doomsday.
My middle button does 1-3 clicks every click and my right one 1-2.

I mean... Cookie Clicker Hero mouse for sale. Extra click feature. 150$

My mouse is quickly approaching doomsday.
My middle button does 1-3 clicks every click and my right one 1-2.

I mean... Cookie Clicker Hero mouse for sale. Extra click feature. 150$

I have a mouse with two side buttons. I set them both to "double click." Click in Clicker Heroes --> profit.

Lain

Locked 1080p/30fps (it's basically a 1:1 port of the PS4 version) that was sold at full price and used to crash on Win 8 (this supposedly was fixed, I say supposedly because I don't have Win 8 but one of the patches claimed to fix it).
Game is fine outside of the locks, although it obviously suffers from being a handheld game put on home console/PC (small stages, recycling).

FLD

Price of Dark Souls III is back down. Wtf are they doing?

Now I'm really tempted to just get it right away, just in case it goes back up...

edit: Yeah, not taking any chances...

1LC3fpD.png

Sarcasm

I wouldn't worry too much. Unless you were hoping for max detail 60fps on 1440p, it'll probably run well enough. The difference between low and max isn't as big as you'd except most of the times, and since a GTX 465 is given as a minimum, I'm sure a 670 would have no trouble yielding a satisfying result.

I think it's the CPU (and maybe RAM) you need to worry about, since both DS1 and DS2 weren't that taxing on GPU at all.

Okay good I got mad fps in both dks1 and dks2 with 1080. CPU is i7 3770k not oc cause I am too scared to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom