• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Britgaf, RDR is £6.24 on xbox.com currently, ideal time to get it before it (re)launches as BC

Wrong thread?

Why does Toukiden: Kiwami have such a low user score? It looks and sounds awesome, like a more accessible Monster Hunter.

I'm cogitating checking it out, although I'm still divided between it and Day of the Tentacle Remastered, and I have a hunch that my money would be better invested on the latter.

30 FPS and a 1080p lock on top of other problems.

Tecmo is constantly struggling.

Hey guys Slain comes out on the 24th which is the last day I work for the week. You know what that means?

It means I'm abusing Bing to get $15 from Gamestop to buy a Steam gift card. Rock on.

FYdd4Vk.gif

Lain

The Slain gif does the opposite for me because his head banging animation feels wrong, like frames are missing or something.

Megasoum

Banned
Is there any reason why a DLC would not install itself even if it shows in my library?

I have Fallout 4 installed... Granted I haven't really played since I formated my PC last week and even before that I only had maybe 5 hour into the base game.

However I bought the Season Pass when it came out so I see both the Season Pass and the Automaton DLCs in my Library but neither of them are Installed. They are both "checked".

I tried booting the game and loading my save but that didn't change anything.

I tried checking integrity... Nothing

I tried unchecking and checking the box again but still nothing.

Any ideas? I guess it doesn't matter that much right now since I'm not even playing the game but I'm curious.

Volimar

For Fallout 4, there's a youtube video that shows how you can get the Minutemen, the Railroad, and the Brotherhood of Steel to all survive and like you by the end of the main quest of Fallout 4. I tried it, but the Railroad hated me, so I went back to an earlier save to see what the deal was, but they still hated me. Dumb old Railroad. The worst part was I wasn't paying attention and the autosaves overwrote my later saves, so I basically lost the whole day and it didn't make a difference. Poop.

Is there any reason why a DLC would not install itself even if it shows in my library?

I have Fallout 4 installed... Granted I haven't really played since I formated my PC last week and even before that I only had maybe 5 hour into the base game.

However I bought the Season Pass when it came out so I see both the Season Pass and the Automaton DLCs in my Library but neither of them are Installed. They are both "checked".

Any ideas? I guess it doesn't matter that much right now since I'm not even playing the game but I'm curious.

Probably cuz it's not released yet. Keep in mind also, that you need a level 15 character to get the DLC quest to start once it is installed.

mrgone

The Automatron DLC doesn't appear to be unlocked yet. Try again in a couple of hours.

Megasoum

Banned
For Fallout 4, there's a youtube video that shows how you can get the Minutemen, the Railroad, and the Brotherhood of Steel to all survive and like you by the end of the main quest of Fallout 4. I tried it, but the Railroad hated me, so I went back to an earlier save to see what the deal was, but they still hated me. Dumb old Railroad. The worst part was I wasn't paying attention and the autosaves overwrote my later saves, so I basically lost the whole day and it didn't make a difference. Poop.

Probably cuz it's not released yet.

The Automatron DLC doesn't appear to be unlocked yet. Try again in a couple of hours.

Duh.... Of course.... lol

Thanks!

Dear Customer,

We noticed a mixup with the labeling of keys that were distributed and wanted to send you a clarification. For some orders, our keys were mixed up between Deus Ex, Quantum Conundrum and Sleeping Dogs. Please note that the actual associated codes should be as follows.

Quantum Conundrum = Deus Ex
Sleeping Dogs = Quantum Conundrum
Deus Ex = Sleeping Dogs

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope this resolves the issue.

Sincerely,
Square Enix Online Store

That is the SE I know and love.

Megasoum

Banned
Similar question...

I want to play The Witcher 3... Haven't played in months and, like I said in my previous post, I just formated my PC.

Now when I'm trying to continue my save it's telling me that I'm missing some of the free DLC to be able to load my save... Now I don't remember which of the free DLC I had installed back in the days and I don't necessary want to get it all cause I don't want all the free gear.

Should'nt the game keep those licenses after I installed them the first time?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition -- MB-4FC98F8783C1D082 - Taken by freshVeggie. 42 entrants total.
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 -- MB-45C7D424126A75C0 - Taken by Belgarion
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-41D8FEFC93D69042 - Taken by TheMadMan007
FINAL FANTASY VIII -- MB-07DD1AA51C048459 - Taken by diabolusinmusica

t1458701941z1.png

/\

bakeray

Haven't been able to move my gaming rig into my new place, been stuck on this crap laptop for 3+ weeks.

My backlog is being more neglected than usual. D:

Grief.exe

1 million dollars to go.

I think I'll contribute, though I doubt it will make it. My wife actually sings in a choir as a hobby so assuredly she would enjoy the game.

l1qZBsN.png

Annubis

Just realized One Way Heroics Plus is also discounted for the week long and at -60%.
I had actually forgotten to buy it last time at 50% so this is great.

Dr.Acula

Banned
1 million dollars to go.

I think I'll contribute, though I doubt it will make it. My wife actually sings in a choir as a hobby so assuredly she would enjoy the game.

l1qZBsN.png

A game that can be enjoyed by people who sing in choirs, has a goal of 1.5 million, but might not make it.

I'm gonna need some more info here.

tuxfool

Banned
Similar question...

I want to play The Witcher 3... Haven't played in months and, like I said in my previous post, I just formated my PC.

Now when I'm trying to continue my save it's telling me that I'm missing some of the free DLC to be able to load my save... Now I don't remember which of the free DLC I had installed back in the days and I don't necessary want to get it all cause I don't want all the free gear.

Should'nt the game keep those licenses after I installed them the first time?

Just download the DLC pack as all pieces are now packaged together, I'm not certain what the harm is? If you don't want to use it, just don't.

Salsa

That's damn good. 5 Soldiers lost on Ironman.

Now try it on a hard difficulty

I did for my first 2 iron man runs on Commander and got far

I was fooling myself tho, in the sense that not wanting to read anything and going head first into Ironman Hard was a fool's task

Salsa

by the way

considering the game says "soldiers wounded: 1" when you get a creature you mind control hurt and all..

does it do the same thing for that final count?

for the life of me I cannot remember losing 5 people

I really think I lost 3 at max

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
the studio that made the first one is deader than dead. You could even say they were Murdered.

So i don't see it happening

Interestingly, the app isn't much older than Quantum Conundrum's. If I were to guess, I'd say Squeenix never signed off on a sequel and instead it was being worked on as a pitch after the original was content complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom