• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
this post

he seemed to have cooled off a bit after but boy was he painting with broad strokes by the end of that post

I didn't even know that GGs had gone after Double Fine. I was just voicing my dislike of Part 2 of Broken Age and how i felt that BA as a whole being a disappointment will scare away other publishers and devs from doing high profile old school adventure games, especially since Double Fine had to squeak out part 2 with heavily reused assets and some laborious wire puzzles

?

his post sounds super leveled and reasonable?

he's not calling u a gger, at least from that post it just sounds to me like you're being paranoid

Terra_Ex

Man, this comes out so soon. I'm not the biggest Clock Tower fan, but I might just get this. I miss japanese horror games.

Yeah, that does seem fast, I haven't even gotten around to playing the backer alpha they sent out a few weeks back. Oh well, it's going on the backlog anyway.

?

his post sounds super leveled and reasonable?

he's not calling u a gger, at least from that post it just sounds to me like you're being paranoid

yeah, it was fine until he was dismissive about BA's critics and lumped them with twitter people and GGs. It was levelheaded till then, sure.

i mean most people don't like being associated in any degree to GG because they find it repulsive and such so i didn't see the point of bringing it up in that context in the first place.

and now i'm being a bit paranoid so i'm stacking these labels up pretty high today

cyba89

im not even sure why I should buy and play DOTT remaster

like why

it's not a Grim Fandango situation

I want to buy it but then I remember the last two Double Fine PnC-games ended up on PS+, in Humble bundles and got big discounts in less than a year and I payed full price for both of them.

I can wait this time.

ExoSoul

Banned
They're tracking via callbacks embedded in the game, so they're likely getting these locations by IP. Brazil and Portugal are charted separately, for example.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I did not notice that the list on the right was actually a continuation to the list above. (Hadn't noticed the list above to begin with)

I want to buy it but then I remember the last two Double Fine PnC-games ended up on PS+, in Humble bundles and got big discounts in less than a year and I payed full price for both of them.

I can wait this time.

yeah, i'm in zero rush to get DOTT Remastered after Grim appeared for free on PS+ and in a humble bundle.

lessons learned

Salsa

How is it not a GF situation?

well, mostly mean that it was DOS game also available on Windows and I think Mac OS

besides it worked on SCUMMVM and all that.

Grim Fandango was only released on Windows, never digitally, and just became a really hard thing to get and play

the remastered version made more sense there, besides doing some interesting new things with its 3D engine

this is like DOTT with a smoothing filter. Isnt it?

I guess widescreen's nice.

btw went to fact check release platforms and got this

WETqDcb.png

never had google do that before

edit: oh, the DOTT remaster is also a console release. That makes more sense

Corpekata

Banned
I don't see the difference between it being on SCUMMVM and Grim Fandango being a little harder to pirate. They were both not really available digitally and many people wanted even just basic copies of both games a few years ago . DOTT was one of the top along with GF on sites like GOG.

Easy legal access, plus it's probably been ages since most played it seems like decent grounds to up-port it. It's not like GF did anything that notable with the 3d stuff, it was more notable for making it a lot easier to control.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

One Way Heroics -- MB-B26EF200B7F1B2AC - Taken by Costa1774
Unholy Heights -- MB-E1B7C441F5C51678 - Taken by neonglow

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, it was fine until he was dismissive about BA's critics and lumped them with twitter people and GGs. It was levelheaded till then, sure.

i mean most people don't like being associated in any degree to GG because they find it repulsive and such so i didn't see the point of bringing it up in that context in the first place.

and now i'm being a bit paranoid so i'm stacking these labels up pretty high today
except he's not?

i don't know more about that conversation than that post since that's all you've linked me but the poster's literally just politely disagreeing and only attributing to gg the part about how damaging broken age was to the adventure games genre

Do you like hot dogs? How about horseshoes? Hand grenades? (everyone likes hand grenades) Anyway, we got all that, and guns. So if you like cooking, lawn games, and ordnance, this is the VR sandbox game for you.

HOT DOGS!!!
HOT
DOGS

Err it's a new store page!

Mivey

im not even sure why I should buy and play DOTT remaster

like why

it's not a Grim Fandango situation
I find you scepticism deeply offensive.
For one, it was basically not avaible to purchase for the last decade. And it is DOTT, (you can even turn off all their "enhancements" to play it like the original), it doesn't need a "reason" to be re-released. After Monkey Island 2, it is the best (adventure) game of all time.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How many of you play primarily on PC, or don't even own a console?

Considering selling my PS4 and XB1 to fund my gaming PC

EDIT: Also, WTF at that Dark Souls III price hike

Dsyndrome

If exclusives aren't that big for you, you'll be fine. Since getting a gaming laptop (not that you should do that), I've barely bought anything non-exclusive on my PS4.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

PC + Vita here...

the last console I owned was a Wii, never owned a 360 or PS3 either

There is so much stuff to play on PC alone, and I don't play that much to begin with, that consoles would really be a waste of money for me

Also the diversity of games on the PC is just better IMO :)

EDIT: Also, WTF at that Dark Souls III price hike

PC + Vita
Plan to get a PS4 eventually because certain games won't ever be ported to PC and I really, really want to play them.

VitaTV is a godsend for all things Persona and SRPG. I'm really glad Sony went mad and made that thing.
Buggy as fuck at launch?

That's a better question to ask at DS3's launch.

I just mean, such a high price. DS3 will be... another one of those, while XCOM 2 is more XCOM. There's just no comparison.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
BundleStars THE CRYPTIC BUNDLE 4

Twisted Lands Trilogy Collector's Edition
Living Legends: The Frozen Fear Collection
Lost Legends: The Weeping Woman Collector's Edition
Dracula's Legacy
Frankenstein: Master of Death
Runaway Express Mystery
Adventures of Robinson Crusoe
Mystery of Unicorn Castle: The Beastmaster
Mystery Castle: The Mirror's Secret
Twilight City: Love as a Cure

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/cryptic-bundle-4

More Hidden Object games for the collection :)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If exclusives aren't that big for you, you'll be fine. Since getting a gaming laptop (not that you should do that), I've barely bought anything non-exclusive on my PS4.
Usually just play JRPGs on PS4, might keep it for Final Fantasy, actually. Least MS' exclusives are coming to PC now too.

PC + Vita here...

the last console I owned was a Wii, never owned a 360 or PS3 either

There is so much stuff to play on PC alone, and I don't play that much to begin with, that consoles would really be a waste of money for me

Also the diversity of games on the PC is just better IMO :)
100% agree with this, considering a WiiU too, but may wait for an NX.

PC + Vita
Plan to get a PS4 eventually because certain games won't ever be ported to PC and I really, really want to play them.

Yeah, may keep my PS4 for certain JRPGs like Persona and Final Fantasy XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom