• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even my kids are getting fed up with selling cards. Good job Valve.

Gotta encourage them to keep going. Thankfully, idling is coming to an end.
68 card drops remaining, 23 games left to idle. Worst thing is I have plans to add another 70 games and around 250 cards to that in the next few months. It really is:
https://frinkiac.com/caption/S06E13/1152484
Of course I'm not one of those people with the basically impossible thousands of cards left to idle (it might be possible with a raspberry pi running Archi farm 24/7).

People who got Days Under Custody from the IG Mixcellaneous bundle are apparently getting the game revoked from their accounts.

r/gamedealsmeta discussion

Steam discussion
You know how Indiegala say support closes after 90 days as unsold keys are returned to publisher...I guess this proves that is true:
1c2030d1ee.png
I don't know what to make of the end of that, I guess it was groupees took some of the unsold indiegala keys and gave them to DIG to save generating more rather than DIG essentially dumpster diving keys?

I like the line "Valve revoked all the keys for some reason.". Like seriously, Valve can't even do that properly anymore :( Then again it is likely the task fell on someone who has not done it before and they made a simple mistake. I'll be interested to see if they can undo the action.

It seems Steam is revoking keys for Days Under Custody, keys people got by buying the bundle on Indiegala. It also seems that Axyos devs want to deactivate all unredeemed keys for the game.

I don't know what the hell is happening.
Where you get that from? I mean the AXYOS dev deleted the thread, sure but seemed okay in their replies as is screenshotted here:
http://www.steamgifts.com/discussio...-to-account-for-deactivating-unused-axyos-key
Makes me wonder if they suffered the same fate of trying to deactivate unsold keys and winding up having the entire lot revoked.

Interesting how the "all gamers" category was less interested than all the other specific gamers combined (which based on the other categories, I can only assume was skewed down by a handheld-playing market?)

No surprise though that people who aren't gamers aren't interested in VR at all, based on the difference between "all answers" and "all gamers" creating a huge jump in disinterest

well, AssCreed Rogue had to fuck it up at some point.

Near the end of the game, there's one ship battle that basically will fuck you up unless you've put some time into upgrading your ship. I had gotten by basically scraping my way battle to battle but this shit was too much. I ended up farming metals for a bit over an hour just to upgrade my ship's armor and pump up its attack stats. Sigh. I highly recommend minmaxing mortars and armor if/when one of you folks play the game.

While i'm still enjoying the game, I'm looking forward to just running around big cities and not dealing with this ship stuff anymore. I liked it in ACIII, i found it to be the only really enjoyable part of ACIV, but now with Rogue I've definitely had my fill of it and wish I was running around Rome or Venice instead.

I guess I have Unity to look forward to?

Binding of Isaac dev teases new game

he Legend of Bum-bo is another collaboration with James Id, who directed all the Binding of Isaac trailers. This time, he'll be handling the programming and 3D, while Matthias Bossi and Jon Evans will return for the audio.

The description of Bum-bo as "a turn based puzzle RPG type thingy that's randomly generated" poses the following head-scratchers: why is a giant poo a key feature of the logo? Why does it also feature a Binding of Isaac coin? And of course, "but why is this on the isaac blog!? what does this have to do with isaac!? when isaac!? isaac? isaac! why!?".

fantomena

Are you allowed to talk about the game? If so what is your take on it.

Just post + if its good or - if its hot garbage.

Im not, sadly.

I can publish videos/stream of certain parts of the game from 23/24th march, but the embargo doesn't lift until april 4th.

It's resident evil day

give me a RE sale

Start with Revelations 2 at $10 or less and maybe knock the Remake down to like $7 capcom

i have some card money im willing to burn you fuckers

yuraya

It's resident evil day

give me a RE sale

Start with Revelations 2 at $10 or less and maybe knock the Remake down to like $7 capcom

i have some card money im willing to burn you fuckers

Humble Resident Evil Bundle

With RE6 for a dollar

Capcom pls

Im not, sadly.

I can publish videos/stream of certain parts of the game from 23/24th march, but the embargo doesn't lift until april 4th.

The way FROM and Namco handled the release of this game has been so awful.

Like. They literally let every popular Souls streamer play the first several hours of the game and let them release a ton of spoilery footage online like 6 weeks before release.

Then they release the game in Japan 3 weeks before the rest of the world. On top of that they have several different type of embargoes which are weeks apart.

Like wtf man. Such an annoying mess.

Lain

I played and completed Kairo.
Not a bad game or a bad way to waste some time as I liked some puzzles and the atmosphere during the exploration of the rooms.
Some of the puzzles felt a bit obtuse though.

Also, dinosaurs. Jaw must be an indie dev.

Parsnip

How many of you play primarily on PC, or don't even own a console?

Considering selling my PS4 and XB1 to fund my gaming PC

EDIT: Also, WTF at that Dark Souls III price hike

I played on PS3, 360 and PC last gen, only PC this gen.
So far anyway, I'll reevaluate the console exclusive libraries after first slims are out.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A famous game involving tentacles -- MB-B6D02800C49F5AFD - Taken by skullmuffins. 34 entrants total.

t1458741545z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom