• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mu9qa048yE1rmyfvko6_r1_250.gif

I am an old pervy old man of 28.

I don't care that I'm old. I just haven't done anything with my life
Happy birthday to me.

Giveaway later this week. It's just bad coincidence that I had to pay my celly bill and student loans.

Happy birthday!

Annubis

Danganronpa
I'm at the beginning of the last case and I'm pretty sure the game fucking lied to me because one of the answer to an early question is said to be wrong but I know it will be proven right later as we go through the trial... so why put that choice there if I know who the real identity of the person is? That's just not fair.

Most of The Witcher 3's dialogue scenes were animated by an algorithm
With the systems they created, designers could make their own dialogue scenes without needing to pull models into a tool like Maya to do heavy duty animation. When he first showed off their Timeline tool, it looked overwhelmingly complicated—like a more complex version of Logic Pro or Adobe Premiere. But it's actually not so bad: there are different rows for animations, 'lookats' (which is where the characters in the scene are looking), placement (location in 3D space), and a few other elements.
Sounds impressive.

Happy birthday to me.

Giveaway later this week. It's just bad coincidence that I had to pay my celly bill and student loans.

Happy birthday, fishy~

lEwACD5.png

Danganronpa
I'm at the beginning of the last case and I'm pretty sure the game fucking lied to me because one of the answer to an early question is said to be wrong but I know it will be proven right later as we go through the trial... so why put that choice there if I know who the real identity of the person is? That's just not fair.

The game is like that since the first trial actually. You can use other logical answers sometimes, but it only accepts the "right" answer.

Annubis

The game is like that since the first trial actually. You can use other logical answers sometimes, but it only accepts the "right" answer.

Well, yeah... but in this case it's not even 'another logic'.
That choice should just not have been there at all.

(also, further now and yup, I was totally right)

Lain

Happy birthday to me.

image.php

-

Speaking of pervy, I was looking at upcoming Steam games. Who needs chainmail bikinis:

zkylon

zkylewd

Happy birthday to me.

happy bday fishy

that's kind of a disingenous title

professional animators animated all of witcha's dialogue scenes, and they used a tool to distribute the animations according to the dialogue

and like saying an algorithm did that is kinda silly

like an algorithm does everything, it's a videogame lol

Ludens

Banned
A question: for a 970, is 65 degrees ok under stress?
I was playing Volume, I noticed the game isn't smooth at all, so I checked my temperature, and it was 65 degrees (Celsius).
Now, it seems the game is VERY unoptimized, in fact a patch to improve performances was planned (I don't know if it was already released when I took the game, because Steam never patched anything here), and I really can't remember if other demanding games I have (Witcher 3 and MGSV) reached the same temperature. I just tried W3 now and it was around 63 degrees, can't test other games because I only have installed small indies which don't use the GPU at all at the moment.
So I can't really say if the temperature is ok or not, I cleaned my PC three days ago, and usually I clean it twice a month, I checked and all fans work as intended.

Phinor

A question: for a 970, is 65 degrees ok under stress?
I was playing Volume, I noticed the game isn't smooth at all, so I checked my temperature, and it was 65 degrees (Celsius).

65C is really low temp for GPU in use so it's all good. There are some GPUs out there that won't even start spinning fans until they reach around 65C. When you approach and bypass 80C, consider it a possible problem.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Baron_Calamity, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Journey to the center of the Earth -- MB-EE986B54E6279806 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Enclave -- MB-6D2CAA3FE0DA4491 - Taken by doctorcdcs. 2 entrants total.
SOPHIE'S CURSE -- MB-1AA0179E8DD9FA4D - Taken by septicore. 4 entrants total.
The Deer -- MB-897764E947A30445 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
Deadbreed -- MB-FEF50CC2965FA31C - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
Pressure -- MB-AE13804A713A5B89 - Taken by Mavromatis. 4 entrants total.
Overcast Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-1F285385E5A61336 - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.
Absconding Zatwor -- MB-04C602CA2D7979A8 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Woodle Tree -- MB-EA0B572FA9912402 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
ACE OF WORDS -- MB-9775F542D02F9A89 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Pirates of Black Cove failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1458667985z1.png

Ludens

Banned
Also is normal when you watch Youtube videos or so, your GPU usage goes up? I go from 30 degrees (idling on desktop, with Idlemaster on only) to 36-37 degrees.
I know this seem dumb question, but I really didn't notice this until today, so I'm wondering if it was always like this or there's a problem running on.

Looked up this dude. Apparently he started a patreon for developing h-games and he uses the term "SJW" unironically.

I wish I didn't know about that last part.

I think those SJW should stop attacking GG, so that STDs dont destroy WBs TF2 items!

Actually the game looks alright judging by the gameplay, but the artstyle looks like a flash game.

Knurek

Help Mimpi save his friends by peeing on everything in his path in this sequel! No seriously, you save Mimpi’s progress by peeing on checkpoints in this game. Pee through five different levels of puzzling dreams in this dog adventure. Chill in this trippy, casual peellustration come alive.

d68.gif

Nabs

I don't know if this game is going to be any good, but there's a whole lot of shit in this video

• *Morph into a polar bear

Happy birthday to me.

We need to sit down and have a talk about your definition of old sometime.

Happy B-day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom