• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthuk

So I'm going through the Double Fine youtube channel and there's a LOT of interesting stuff. Their whole devs play playlist (featuring a 10part video of John Romero playing Doom and commenting on it) is amazing. They also have features on the making of Broken Age, Psychonauts, and most recently Day of the Tentacle . Do check it out if it sounds interesting, it's a well produced, easily watched look into games' making.

Echoplx

1$ for DoW master collection? Yo everyone get that right now

I'd be mad about paying $10 for it not long ago but I already played 100 hours of Soulstorm so yolo

data

Sega, why?
35d0837790.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Excited for humble unreal engine bundle?

At least people would use that.

I somehow was able to get the Cryengine pay-what-you-want assests for free. Weird how they allowed that. Generally Humble asks for a penny.

Anno

Well I was gonna get Atilla anyway. Top tier it is! Man that's a solid bundle, especially for heretics not already owning the DoW games. Hopefully this drums up the Last Stand population a bit...

Salsa

The Walking Dead Season 3 comes out this year

legit wasnt expecting that

Batman interest went up 100% since they announced it'll be on a """"new"""" engine (probably bells and whistles)

Eila

Sega, why?
35d0837790.png

RIP Giveaways.
I'll just buy $1 tier, but it hurts to own so much shit there. Freaking Sega giving away incomplete shit in previous bundles. You just know they'll put the Mega Drive complete collection in the next one.

Salsa

they're selling 4 DLC complete versions of their most succesful strategy franchises for a fuckin dollar

I think they get a pass

but yeah

Lain

Indiegala has a new bundle with the first 2 Vanhelsing games and 2 mystery games, plus other stuff.

World War I (STEAM)
Dawn Of Magic 2 (STEAM)
** GAME WILL UNLOCK 2ND WEEK ** (STEAM)

Pay $3.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 10 AWESOME STEAM GAMES!

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (STEAM)
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II - Complete Pack (STEAM)
Slender: The Arrival (STEAM)
King's Bounty: Dark Side (STEAM)
Joe Dever's Lone Wolf HD Remastered (STEAM)
Asteroid Bounty Hunter (STEAM)
** GAME WILL UNLOCK 2ND WEEK ** (STEAM)

Lain

The mystery games are shut up and dig for 2nd tier, and hard room for 1st tier according to users at Reddit and Steamgifts who were able to see it.

Good to know so I can pass on it.

That Humble is a possible pass too for me. First tier I only miss Rome Alexander, second tier the hockey manager and Shogun 2 Fall of Samurai, third tier Attila and some CoH2 stuff.
Great value for people that don't have any or many of those games though.

Unai

How is Arkham Knight nowadays? Could a 970 + i7 2700k + 16GB play it at least at 45 to 55 (I have a G-Sync monitor) at 1080p in better than console settings?

Salsa

I started a curator channel about games that started up at non-native resolution and didnt let you immediatly change it and every review was "fuck this" but I deleted it

How is Arkham Knight nowadays? Could a 970 + i7 2700k + 16GB play it at least at 45 to 55 (I have a G-Sync monitor) at 1080p in better than console settings?

Yes. I played it with a similar spec (less RAM and overclocked 2500k) and it was mostly 60 with much much less stutter than it had originally.

Uzzy

That is a really, really good bundle. I'm tempted to pick it up even though I own everything save the Megadrive bundle and Eastside Hockey Manager.

Some phenomenal strategy games there, and even a discount on Football Manager 2016, for when you are bored of life and want to take Newport County to Champions League glory, experiencing all the highs and many many lows along the way as your life rapidly descends into scouting for half decent regents from Kazakhstan while disciplining your star striker who's attention's been turned by an offer for half a grand more and a cheeky nandos every week at your hated rivals, all while trying to scrape together a first eleven of walking wounded, because of course the game would pick this week to send manflu round your squad. But it'll be worth it in the end, oh yes..

data

Is there a storyline in the DoW games? Which one do I start with? I have like 10 entries of the game because of the bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom