• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

I actually wonder why MS, the biggest player, cant do a good plattform for their exclusive games. I mean it shouldnt be too hard to copy Origin or uPlay and connect that with your Windows account.
They're likely more than capable of developing a normal client but they don't want to. It's all about pushing their godawful UWAs.

Lain

I actually wonder why MS, the biggest player, cant do a good plattform for their exclusive games. I mean it shouldnt be too hard to copy Origin or uPlay and connect that with your Windows account.

Thinking they can't is a mistake in my opinion. They're perfectly able to, they simply aren't interested in doing that. Their goal is different. Has to be.

CceNYu5WIAAUe7W.jpg

kek

Pachimari

I really need to buy myself a gaming chair (are they usually better than the office chairs or desk chairs?), because the current one I have leans backwards too much, and is not comfortable to sit in, when I just want to sit back and relax for a few hours playing videogames. Thus, I don't spend much time actually playing.

Phawx

CceNYu5WIAAUe7W.jpg

kek

ASTERISK

I really need to by myself a gaming chair (are they usually better than the office chairs or desk chairs?), because the current one I have leans backwards too much, and is not comfortable to sit in, when I just want to sit back and relax for a few hours playing videogames. Thus, I don't spend much time actually playing.

I really recommend an Aeron Chair. Even the clones are expensive, but they are the best chair I've ever used. They are office chair style.

Pachimari

I'm starting to turn around on this Phil Spencer guy a little, I still don't understand the whole "PC gamers don't place racers like Forza 6" though. At least we'll get future installments. Quantum Break is also growing on me, but I'm still afraid of it being "shoot this wave of goons, now shoot the other wave" - I just hope it have a great story. Gears of War arriving on Windows today was a surprise and the price isn't bad, but I couldn't get into it on Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

What is the name of this game, and why should I be looking forward to it?

My fucking main win 2TB drive is fucking dying.

I'm also afraid of my hard drives dying at some point. They take a few seconds getting started when they have been inactive. How do I know when my hard drives are giving up on me?

Mivey

Why bring Gears 4 to PC when 2 and 3 have never been released? I want to experience the heart-wrenching story in proper order, after all.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
They're likely more than capable of developing a normal client but they don't want to. It's all about pushing their godawful UWAs.
Yup, seriously why can't they just do something right.

Like join the PC platform without adding godawful standards to their games.

He is already running at 4k. This is in the description on the video:

"Here's the AMD Radeon Fury running the game on High quality settings at 4K"
Hmm...if one downsamples from a driver, does screen capture record in higher resolution or screen resolution?

so,

when the quantum break cutscenes don't play because MS's servers are getting hammered on day one

who will take accountability for the stupid ass idea of forcing them to be streamed on PC?

Lain

Crossposts in regards to Ori DE:
Guys, calm down, OF COURSE we are also releasing the Definitive Edition on STEAM as well :)

It'll be available on March 11th for Xbox One, Windows 10 and STEAM. And if you already bought the original version of Ori and the Blind Forest on any platform, you'll be able to buy this version for a small upgrade fee.

To clear up why there's a DE exactly a year after the original release, it's simple: We god tons of mails about making DLC. So we thought that might be a cool option, but Ori being a Metroidvania, it didn't feel right to just add more levels in a separate menu item. No, instead we thought it'd be great to enhance the world, add more abilities and story and add the new DLC content directly within the world you've already played through. Because of that, you can play through the game in new ways, since you'll gain new abilities and extras that you can then make use of in the rest of the game - We felt that that was a much better way of doing DLC than just making a separate pack with more stuff that wasn't connected to the original game in any way :)

I'm excited we're getting so close and that you guys can check out what we did - We just also put almost an hour of making of content into the game, so for people who're excited to learn more about our prototyping process, ideas we had, etc., there's just a lot of stuff in there :)

Also, since we constantly get asked about a retail release and merchandise (plushies, shirts, statues, etc.), we'll have news about that soon as well. Nothing's set in stone just yet, but we're trying to make it all work. We're super humbled by how you guys responded to Ori, so I hope with this release and the stuff we have planned we'll make you all happy! :)

No, of course not. If Ori and the Blind Forest ran on your machine, the Definitive Edition will run on your machine :)

It was obvious, but it's always nice to have a solid confirmation.

Haunted

Why bring Gears 4 to PC when 2 and 3 have never been released? I want to experience the heart-wrenching story in proper order, after all.
As someone who actually liked that one scene in 2 everyone keeps laughing at... nah you don't, not really. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
interesting changes to Dark Souls 3.

Dont think ill use the new
FP estus
much in my first playthrough as im going
full tank sword/shield
as usual. maybe when I replay as
a mage or pyro I guess
. Its neat you have to
choose how many of each you want tho.
The
hub area only having 4 thrones for supposedly 4 main bosses worried me for a microsecond that the game would be too short but then I remembered that means nothing and Dark Souls 1 also only had 4 main bosses in theory

Jawmuncher

interesting changes to Dark Souls 3.

Dont think ill use the new
FP estus
much in my first playthrough as im going
full tank sword/shield
as usual. maybe when I replay as
a mage or pyro I guess
. Its neat you have to
choose how many of each you want tho.
The
hub area only having 4 thrones for supposedly 4 main bosses worried me for a microsecond that the game would be too short but then I remembered that means nothing and Dark Souls 1 also only had 4 main bosses in theory

I don't see anything here as a spoiler. People take souls way too serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom