• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're warned during checkout that refunds will not be provided.

I had a conversation with a Windows store developer on reddit where he stated that refunds are in fact allowed despite the fact that the checkout page has a warning that states the exact opposite. He said that refunds were painless and he personally sees a 2% refund rate on his software. He also mentioned that Microsoft has been informed to clarify this particular issue on their store pages.

Meanwhile, Gears Ultimate costs $10 in my country and I still can't get myself to buy it. Mostly because I bought Gears PC on the GFWL store and that purchase is now lost to the ether. It really feels like a fool me twice situation if I were to buy Ultimate now. Besides, I've played the three main Gears games already and they only shine in co-op as far as I'm concerned... and I don't think I'll find anyone to co-op this one with me. Does it even have co-op functionality?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll need to think about whether to put down money for Rock Band 4 PC. I have wireless 360 instruments, but fuck... I have tons of DLC and song exports tied to my xbox account.

That's my rub too (although in my case, on Playstation). Ideally they would have a way to link your PS/Xbox/Steam accounts to grant licensing on PC, but the idea of doing this is uncomfortable at best to executive types.

Jawmuncher

I had a conversation with a Windows store developer on reddit where he stated that refunds are in fact allowed despite the fact that the checkout page has a warning that states the exact opposite. He said that refunds were painless and he personally sees a 2% refund rate on his software. He also mentioned that Microsoft has been informed to clarify this particular issue on their store pages.

Meanwhile, Gears Ultimate costs $10 in my country and I still can't get myself to buy it. Mostly because I bought Gears PC on the GFWL and that purchase is now lost to the ether. It really feels like a fool me twice situation if I were to buy Ultimate now. Besides, I've played the three main Gears games already and they only shine in co-op as far as I'm concerned... and I don't think I'll find anyone to co-op this one with me. Does it even have co-op functionality?

It has online and lan coop. No splitscreen though.

yuraya

Nope.

I confirmed with the developers of Cuphead, Below, and Ashen. Still coming to Steam.

I forgot all about Below. Whatever happened to it? Wasn't it first revealed back in like E3 2013? Crazy for an indie game to be in development for so long.

JarrodL

Always-online DRM of any kind is usually enough to make me either skip buying the game completely or at least wait to pick it up 1-2 years later at a significant discount.

But MS didn't even stop there, did they. Nah, their version of triumphant return to PC gaming scene also is designed around preventing any and all modding, and even basic things like customizing your per-app video driver settings.

.... Like, wow.

Dear Mr.Spencer, at this point you'd have to pay ME to get those games from your store with all these restrictions. I'm not even joking here.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much but is the "If _____ happens, I'm selling my Xbox One and/or PS4." thing a meme or something, I've seen it a few times today and I'm just not sure sometimes.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Gocco Of War was a nice ride.
12778795_905566732894493_3448493270391795345_o.jpg

Now the grinding begins to buy the other weapons and upgrading shit.

Grief.exe

I forgot all about Below. Whatever happened to it? Wasn't it first revealed back in like E3 2013? Crazy for an indie game to be in development for so long.

Cappy is quite small and they are actually involved in a surprising amount of projects.

I wonder if they made a deal with Klei in the interim to provide a Don't Starve Expansion and that cut into man hours.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Meanwhile, Gears Ultimate costs $10 in my country and I still can't get myself to buy it. Mostly because I bought Gears PC on the GFWL and that purchase is now lost to the ether. It really feels like a fool me twice situation if I were to buy Ultimate now. Besides, I've played the three main Gears games already and they only shine in co-op as far as I'm concerned... and I don't think I'll find anyone to co-op this one with me. Does it even have co-op functionality?

I'd imagine the actual refund policy is the same as that which applies to Xbox Live: refunds are offered in regions where Microsoft has a legal obligation to do so but are otherwise at its discretion.

Nzyme32

Here's where things get interesting:

Workshop support? - great
Limited to MIDI? - fuck off

This is ridiculous. Let's get this straight:

The original reasoning for not bringing the game to PC was in part down to "security issues" of having issues with having licences music on PC in the form Rock Band uses with individual tracks. This is unlikely to be the real reason

Then they have the Oculus Rift oriented Rock Band coming to the PC with complete disregard for this issue, likely with some money thrown at them.

Now we apparently need a crowd funding drive to bring Rock Band 4 as a PC version. Steam Workshop is great but limiting to MIDI's is fucking abysmal. The only reason for the campaign seems to be a simple guage interest, while not even utilising what the platform can do apparently. Why even bother with Rock Band 4 with the intention of just following what is already available with both on consoles and PC?

No.

tuxfool

Banned
This is ridiculous. Let's get this straight:

The original reasoning for not bringing the game to PC was in part down to "security issues" of having issues with having licences music on PC in the form Rock Band uses with individual tracks. This is unlikely to be the real reason

Then they have the Oculus Rift oriented Rock Band coming to the PC with complete disregard for this issue, likely with some money thrown at them.

Now we apparently need a crowd funding drive to bring Rock Band 4 as a PC version. Steam Workshop is great but limiting to MIDI's is fucking abysmal. The only reason for the campaign seems to be a simple guage interest, while not even utilising what the platform can do apparently. Why even bother with Rock Band 4 with the intention of just following what is already available with both on consoles and PC?

No.

All truth.
qXQD7BM.png

user237

I'll download this.

Is this the best software out there for determine what state the health of my drives are in?

There are other programs like it. They're pretty much all the same. The data is provided by the drive's firmware so the program just presents it in a friendly way.

Teggy

A lot of these complaints (input lag, framerate, visuals) seem undermined by the fact that he's playing it on an Xbox One.

Well, input lag and framerate maybe. But visuals and especially bugs, not necessarily. I don't think the xbox is the limiting factor when visuals look like they would have been just fine on 360.

of course there are spiders in sunless sea

There are technically spiders in Undertale, I think... :p

Speaking of, how great is it that -- like Disgaea -- apparently the game has problems with the client Beta? The game won't even launch if you're in the Steam Beta Client now.

Also, Undertale related -- is having been a pacifist during the ruins, now that I've hit the title card, am I going to find the game difficult since I've gotten 0 xp?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think everyone has a game or game series they kind of shut off the rational part of their brain for and either steel themselves against any criticisms or go full Baghdad-Bob apologist to defend.

Today we find out for whom Rockband is that game.

There are technically spiders in Undertale, I think... :p

Speaking of, how great is it that -- like Disgaea -- apparently the game has problems with the client Beta? The game won't even launch if you're in the Steam Beta Client now.

Also, Undertale related -- is having been a pacifist during the ruins, now that I've hit the title card, am I going to find the game difficult since I've gotten 0 xp?

Not technically. Definitely.

And for the last question, the difficulty is in that, since you don't level, you don't get more HP than you currently have. It can make managing you life harder, for sure.

AHA-Lambda

interesting changes to Dark Souls 3.

Dont think ill use the new
FP estus
much in my first playthrough as im going
full tank sword/shield
as usual. maybe when I replay as
a mage or pyro I guess
. Its neat you have to
choose how many of each you want tho.
The
hub area only having 4 thrones for supposedly 4 main bosses worried me for a microsecond that the game would be too short but then I remembered that means nothing and Dark Souls 1 also only had 4 main bosses in theory

What's an FP Estus flask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom