• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, I'm stubbornly awaiting PC versions of all
I can hold off until TC comes, then I'll do whatever it takes to play the rest, but first TC, not going to spoil myself in any way playing those in no order if I can help it

but I still am! I'm so cool I freeze everybody around!

Never heard about Cold Steel being spoilerish for 3rd, is that a thing?

Arthea

Never heard about Cold Steel being spoilerish for 3rd, is that a thing?

my understanding of spoilers is quite different from your usual view on them. Spoiling world events is a huge spoiler, as it can even spoil endings of previous games, but many people don't see it this way, it's my thing.

edited: I mean, I'm really touchy about spoilers, in case you haven't noticed before

my understanding of spoilers is quite different from your usual view on them. Spoiling world events is a huge spoiler, as it can even spoil endings of previous games, but many people don't see it this way, it's my thing.

edited: I mean, I'm really touchy about spoilers, in case you haven't noticed before

Well, they do take place after the Sky trilogy.
You should just join me so we can trade impressions while we play it, you can buy it again on steam when the PC version is released
good luck with that.

I don't get this logic like at all

of course they all will come to PC, IDK who will port them, but it'll happen. Falcom will see the light
and steam community will too.
Arthea, you're not using any logic, you're going by emotion. If you want to make a stance, explain why.

I'm not sure why you bolded my resolution comment?

Anyways, in case you're unaware, the 3rd is only getting localized because Brittany (Hatsuu), Sara and Varion (Translator) kept heavily requesting it to their boss. The fact that it is getting localized so soon too is nothing short of a miracle. It might have helped that Cold Steel's sales were much better too.

Now imagine if the 3rd has poor sales too, will a similar serendipitous event occur for the crossbell games to get localized too?

And i'm not saying Cold Steel won't come to PC. Sure, it'll have a port, but so far there are no plans either by a Chinese publisher, Falcom or XSEED (Sure they can contract someone to port for them but that's unlikely for now). What i'm trying to say is that it certainly won't happen anytime soon. I mean, we also have the Chinese versions for Ys Seven and Celceta -- If XSEED can work for they Crossbell games, they could port these 2 as well (Which I believe may be in the pipeline).

Of course my hope is that they get localized, but with current information I can expect that the chances for it is slim. I'm not ruling it out as certain factors can help influence a better result too. Once more information on these certain factors are made known, i'll revise my opinion on the current state of it.

Anyways, as I mentioned, I'm uncertain if Crossbell will get localized. If it does, that's great, but in case if it does not, i'll be prepared.

Arthea

Arthea, you're not using any logic, you're going by emotion. If you want to make a stance, explain why.

I'm not sure why you bolded my resolution comment?

Anyways, in case you're unaware, the 3rd is only getting localized because Brittany (Hatsuu), Sara and Varion (Translator) kept heavily requesting it to their boss. The fact that it is getting localized so soon too is nothing short of a miracle. It might have helped that Cold Steel's sales were much better too.

Now imagine if the 3rd has poor sales too, will a similar serendipitous event occur for the crossbell games to get localized too?

And i'm not saying Cold Steel won't come to PC. Sure, it'll have a port, but so far there are no plans either by a Chinese publisher, Falcom or XSEED (Sure they can contract someone to port for them but that's unlikely for now). What i'm trying to say is that it certainly won't happen anytime soon. I mean, we also have the Chinese versions for Ys Seven and Celceta -- If XSEED can work for they Crossbell games, they could port these 2 as well (Which I believe may be in the pipeline).

Of course my hope is that they get localized, but with current information I can expect that the chances for it is slim. I'm not ruling it out as certain factors can help influence a better result too. Once more information on these certain factors are made known, i'll revise my opinion on the current state of it.

well, no amount of words can change what already happened as getting SC and TC, and my point of view has nothing to do with being unreasonable or emotional, you probably already forgot, but nobody believed we ever going to get SC too. Miracles do happen, not necessary it'll happen with TLoH, it haven't happened with so many games I wanted, but it also can happen, nothing is written in a stone just yet. And Xseed doesn't own TLoH, Falcom does.

I don't understand how one could prefer a game on hh at all, let alone your reasoning it's only resolution.

well, no amount of words can change what already happened as getting SC and TC, and my point of view has nothing to do with being unreasonable or emotional, you probably already forgot, but nobody believed we ever going to get SC too. Miracles do happen, not necessary it'll happen with TLoH, it haven't happened with so many games I wanted, but it also can happen, nothing is written in a stone just yet. And Xseed doesn't own TLoH, Falcom does.

I don't understand how one could prefer a game on hh at all, let alone your reasoning it's only resolution.
What? Everywhere else I know, no one didn't believe that SC wouldn't come. SC was always going to happen, the only question was when. In case you've forgotten, I was one of those who "believed" that it would come too.

When did I ever say that XSEED owns it? I doubt any other company can do as fantastic a job as XSEED at localizing Trails games.

Tekken 7 may be coming to PC
PC is becoming an ever-more attractive platform for fighting games and Japanese devs, and where those overlap lurks Bandai Namco. A Bandai survey doing the rounds is reportedly gauging interest in a PC version of Tekken 7—yet to make its way to the West on any platform.

If it does appear, it'll be the first Tekken game on PC (ignoring the muddled Street Fighter X Tekken), providing a little competition for the likes of Street Fighter and Skullgirls. We can only hope that Bandai takes the Spike Chunsoft route and starts porting its catalogue to Windows wholesale.
Hopefully it turns out to be true.

Come on, are you serious? How can you not understand the convenience of portability? I barely have time to sit down to play these days but if I'm playing a game on my Vita it's much easier to make progress in it because whenever I have some downtime I can just use it regardless of where I am, even if it's only 5 minutes.
I can understand wanting the big screen for other genres, but for jrpgs it's perfect. My only issue is that sometimes the Vita version is downgraded but Cold Steel seems to be very similar on both systems.
Hell, I still wouldn't be done with SC if it didn't run on my laptop.

What? Everywhere else I know, no one didn't believe that SC wouldn't come. SC was always going to happen, the only question was when. In case you've forgotten, I was one of those who "believed" that it would come too.

When did I ever say that XSEED owns it? I doubt any other company can do as fantastic a job as XSEED at localizing Trails games.

The possibility of SC not coming definitely existed. I definitely remember them saying that they were considering throwing in the towel.

Arthea

If by no one you mean you and me, then yeah!
you should check an old SC announcement thread if you want to be disillusioned.
I'm also still awaiting for Suikoden 6, so talking with me about when is pointless

in before letitgo.gif

Come on, are you serious? How can you not understand the convenience of portability? I barely have time to sit down to play these days but if I'm playing a game on my Vita it's much easier to make progress in it because whenever I have some downtime I can just use it regardless of where I am, even if it's only 5 minutes.
I can understand wanting the big screen for other genres, but for jrpgs it's perfect. My only issue is that sometimes the Vita version is downgraded but Cold Steel seems to be very similar on both systems.
Hell, I still wouldn't be done with SC if it didn't run on my laptop.

not for me, no, but you can disregard my opinion on the point of me being blind.
It's not perfect it's horrible! I still remember my 80 hours in DQ9 with horror.
I just can't get why would you prefer a small screen and low res for games where you have to read a lot. That makes no sense whatsoever.

If by no one you mean you and me, then yeah!
you should check an old SC announcement thread if you want to be disillusioned.
I'm also still awaiting for Suikoden 6, so talking with me about when is pointless

in before letitgo.gif

Hey, hey! GAF isn't the only place I visit. I did say everywhere else for a good reason! :p

Anno

So three of the last four nights I've had a recurring nightmare that my parents are Tremere-style vampire mages, long beholden to the local Catholic diocese, who kidnap and ritualistically murder Peyton Manning for being some kind of pagan. Does this mean I need to reinstall Bloodlines?

not for me, no, but you can disregard my opinion on the point of me being blind.
It's not perfect it's horrible! I still remember my 80 hours in DQ9 with horror.
I just can't get why would you prefer a small screen and low res for games where you have to read a lot. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Well, that's different, if you have problems reading the text that's another issue entirely.

Quantum Break PC settings leak

xF27J7s.jpg
KJFe9aR.jpg

Battleborn hits open beta April 13; story mode detailed

The fight to save the last star in the universe is about to begin as Battleborn, its epic story, and its 25 playable heroes barrel toward launch day on May 3, 2016. That story is playable solo, 2-player splitscreen, or up to 5-players co-op online – and it stars you and your friends! You are the commander of the Battleborn, an uneasy alliance of intergalactic heroes from five different factions who have banded together to stop a dark and mysterious enemy from destroying the universe. Under your command, the Battleborn must live together or die alone. But this story about you and your band of heroes is told differently than other first-person shooters.

AHA-Lambda

Lol Battleborn ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

We haven't seen such an incoming bomba of this proportion since Fuse. Yeah you forgot about that game didn't you? ;)

MUnited83

For you.
Tekken 7 may be coming to PC Hopefully it turns out to be true.

well, let's look at the facts:

-Harada already said he likes Steam
-It's a Namco Bandai game and they bring almost every major release to PC nowadats
-It's a Unreal Engine game
-A PC port already exists, the arcade version runs on windows
-There's VR support planned

The question is not "is it coming?". It's definitely coming. The real question is the "when" :p

Pre-emptive card alert? So remember there was a short lived giveaway for Journey To The Center Of The Earth. The game may be getting cards url=http://steamcommunity.com/app/382120/discussions/0/385428458162619932/]but no promises[/url]. There is now an 100k giveaway for the game being done in 10 batches of 10k to get around gleam costs and they're up to batch 6 already:
http://www.freegamesinfo.net/index.php?p=/freebies
It says do any 8 actions but there are only 8 total on screen including a twitch follow :( I'm not doing any of the tasks to find out if there is more (as I already have the game).

Pre-emptive card alert? So remember there was a short lived giveaway for Journey To The Center Of The Earth. The game may be getting cards url=http://steamcommunity.com/app/382120/discussions/0/385428458162619932/]but no promises[/url]. There is now an 100k giveaway for the game being done in 10 batches of 10k to get around gleam costs and they're up to batch 6 already:
http://www.freegamesinfo.net/index.php?p=/freebies
It says do any 8 actions but there are only 8 total on screen including a twitch follow :( I'm not doing any of the tasks to find out if there is more (as I already have the game).

Thanks!

It's just those 8 tasks.

My my, it seems GFWL downloads are working again?

https://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=198984856

I'm going to do this first thing once I get home. Viva Pinata here I come!

You can grab a seat in your favorite battle furniture of choice and play an episode solo. Or, grab a buddy and a second controller and play 2-player couch co-op on your console just like the good ol’ days! Or, get online on your PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or PC and team-up with up to four other friends for some 5-player co-op fun.

So I take it pc won't be getting same screen co-op? If it does that would raise my interest in the game.

Arthea

I still think we should have this talk

Why exactly legitimately purchased Days Under Custody are removed from accounts again?
Let's say, we go to the real store, buy an item, leave said store. Can it be taken from us? no, for no reason, even if the store sold stolen goods or haven't paid it's suppliers or any reason at all.
So what's up with Valve removing games from people accounts, it happened like 4-5 times already and nobody is even outraged, when we totally should be. At least in other cases money returned to people, while Days Under Custody is just removed, it's even worse and it'll happen again and again if Valve thinks that's no big deal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Why exactly legitimately purchased Days Under Custody are removed from accounts again?
Let's say, we go to the real store, buy an item, leave said store. Can it be taken from us? no, for no reason, even if the store sold stolen goods or haven't paid it's suppliers or any reason at all.
So what's up with Valve removing games from people accounts, it happened like 4-5 times already and nobody is even outraged, when we totally should be. At least in other cases money returned to people, while Days Under Custody is just removed, it's even worse and it'll happen again and again if Valve thinks that's no big deal.

Reportedly only unused keys were supposed to be deactivated, so they couldn't be resold on the likes of G2A and Kinguin.

MUnited83

For you.

Yes, yes it can.

Why would people be outraged because of the 4-5 times when those 4-5 times didn't exist? Apart from the Days under Custody stuff, every time it happened before it was justified. Furthermore, it has nothing to do with Valve. The dev or publisher sent the wrong list of keys to be deactivated. That's on them.

So three of the last four nights I've had a recurring nightmare that my parents are Tremere-style vampire mages, long beholden to the local Catholic diocese, who kidnap and ritualistically murder Peyton Manning for being some kind of pagan. Does this mean I need to reinstall Bloodlines?

lmao

How did Peyton Manning get into this dream?

Arthea

Reportedly only unused keys were supposed to be deactivated, so they couldn't be resold on the likes of G2A and Kinguin.

but that's not what happened, that's my point

Yes, yes it can.

Why would people be outraged because of the 4-5 times when those 4-5 times didn't exist? Apart from the Days under Custody stuff, every time it happened before it was justified. Furthermore, it has nothing to do with Valve. The dev or publisher sent the wrong list of keys to be deactivated. That's on them.

maybe you live in some wild west country, not that I know, but no, it can't be.

so you saying it's not valve that removed those games but publishers can remove them as they see fit?
I thought valve has to remove them as it is their store, you know.
your justified and my justified doesn't even connect, I think, they are parallel lines.

MUnited83

For you.
but that's not what happened, that's my point

maybe you live in some wild west country, not that I know, but no, it can't be.

so you saying it's not valve that removed those games but publishers can remove them as they see fit?
I thought valve has to remove them as it is their store, you know.
your justified and my justified doesn't even connect, I think, they are parallel lines.

The publishers are the ones that send the key list to be revoked, Valve doesn't decide to go out someday and randomly deactivate stuff.

And no, they're not parallel lines. Your "justified" doesn't even begin to fit the notion of what "justified" means at all. Apart from this Days Under Custody situation, there isn't really a case where it wasn't justified.

Arthea

The publishers are the ones that send the key list to be revoked, Valve doesn't decide to go out someday and randomly deactivate stuff.

And no, they're not parallel lines. Your "justified" doesn't even begin to fit the notion of what "justified" means at all. Apart from this Days Under Custody situation, there isn't really a case where it wasn't justified.

That's your opinion, man
I get it, it doesn't make it right just because it yours

Valve should make an exclusive honesty badge for ppl who request refund after buying a game during price mistake.
Level 5 - A Fool's Errand 1000XP
Man, I just want you to know, I appreciate all the work you do by informing us about bundles. You even link them one by one to their storepages... you're cool.
what the fuck... how did you know? Stalker

tumblr_lk20sdFqj71qe0wclo1_500.gif
Tehe... yes, kinda.
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition -- MB-4FC98F8783C1D082 - Taken by freshVeggie - Taken by freshVeggie. 42 entrants total.
yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

Any SSL related issues with ModBot, I can't fix until tomorrow or the next day. Sorry for the inconvenience. Blame GAF not me
ModBot, whyyyyy?
whyhaveyourforsakenme.jpg

I loved Fallout 4... that being said, I never return to games after finishing them

giphy.gif
That's my secret cap. I always wait for GotY Editions.

Arthea

Nah, it's not a opinion, it's a fact. Revoking because someone chargebacked the payment, for example, is 100% justified. There's no argument you can do against this.
What that has to do with anything? That's a fraud, not revoking a legally purchased item.
I mean revoked because publisher asked, like when SE removed games purchased with price mistakes, legitimately purchased.

MUnited83

For you.
What that has to do with anything? That's a fraud, not revoking a legally purchased item.
I mean revoked because publisher asked, like when SE removed games purchased with price mistakes, legitimately purchased.

That was not on the publisher. The store that had the price mistake wasn't willing to pay SE the price they agreed to sell for. That's not on SE.

Dr Dogg

Even if it doesn't reinstalling Bloodlines is never a bad thing.

Quantum Break PC settings leak

xF27J7s.jpg
KJFe9aR.jpg

What's the betting resolutions are hardcoded instead of queried? Not that I think most would grumble at 3840x2160 but Alan Wake was quite the experience at 21:9 resolutions.

My my, it seems GFWL downloads are working again?

https://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=198984856

So let's whip up some conspiracy theories. Do we think it was a case of Microsoft forgetting GFWL exists and the client got disconnected from a server configuration or this was a silent attempted to kill it off and hope no one noticed?

Dr Dogg

Days Under Custody sounds like an Aussie soap opera. Madge Bishop will probably be in it even if it's just a figment of my imagination.

Afro

What if you sell an Nvidia promo code on eBay and the buyer just blatantly lies after paying and says "the code says already redeemed."

There's nothing you can do, right? If you tell him to fuck off, he'll just give you a negative feedback score. You just take the L, refund him, and move on?

What if you sell an Nvidia promo code on eBay and the buyer just blatantly lies after paying and says "the code says already redeemed."

There's nothing you can do, right? If you tell him to fuck off, he'll just give you a negative feedback score. You just take the L, refund him, and move on?

you should've stated that the key is sold as is with no assurances that it will work. This covers your ass against slimeballs that try to scam you as you've stated in the auction that there's a possibility that the key may not work.

I know that sounds slimey but you have to protect yourself as a seller. Something to know for the next time you put a key on sale

Afro

you should stated that the key is sold as is with no assurances that it will work. This covers your ass against slimeballs that try to scam you as you've stated in the auction that there's a possibility that the key may not work.

I know that sounds slimy but you have to protect yourself as a seller.

Yet they can still give you a neg even if you state that in the auction, that's the thing. eBay gives zero fucks lol.

sarcasm? in any case, i have to kill the working hours somehow..
i hardly do them all though, for that you may want to bookmark rachel's steamgifts bundle topic
No sarcasm bud. I'm honest.
Have fun dude, that game is great. Not to oversell it, but i liked it a lot more than GTAV for example. Too bad it seems to have flopped.
It's doubly a pleasant things since Sleeping Dogs DE is not available for me in Germany :)
Now I only need to get my hands on Dying Light EE, Wolfenstein New Order/Old Blood, Dead Rising 3 and I got the big unavailable games
byob1.001.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom