• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
of course not, that's on valve, just like Days under Custody

No, it isn't. It's on the store that sold them and couldn't afford the cost.

What if you sell an Nvidia promo code on eBay and the buyer just blatantly lies after paying and says "the code says already redeemed."

There's nothing you can do, right? If you tell him to fuck off, he'll just give you a negative feedback score. You just take the L, refund him, and move on?
You have basically zero protections when selling keys on ebay. Don't even try to sell there, it's nothing more than a cesspit of lowlife scammers.

Arthea

No, it isn't. It's on the store that sold them and couldn't afford the cost.

valve removed them, or agreed to it, and only in digital online space they have access to what we bought at all, it's totally on valve and there is no way around it as we are talking about legit purchases.
Although I don't know why I even argue with you, obviously you think it's OK, so you are as unticonsumer as valve is, you thought region locking is OK too, no?

Uzzy

So three of the last four nights I've had a recurring nightmare that my parents are Tremere-style vampire mages, long beholden to the local Catholic diocese, who kidnap and ritualistically murder Peyton Manning for being some kind of pagan. Does this mean I need to reinstall Bloodlines?

Reinstall? REINSTALL?

Did you just get a new computer or something. That's the only acceptable explanation for not having it installed at all times.

MUnited83

For you.
valve removed them, or agreed to it, and only in digital online space they have access to what we bought at all, it's totally on valve and there is no way around it as we are talking about legit purchases.
Although I don't know why I even argue with you, obviously you think it's OK, so you are as unticonsumer as valve is, you thought region locking is OK too, no?

Take it to the store that didn't want to pay for it. It's not on Valve.

Let me put it in a way you can understand:

- Scammer buys a game and sells it off to someone else. Does a chargeback. Publisher gets no money, has to revoke keys.

-Store gets game, sells it off on a price mistake. They don't want to pay the full price for the game. Publisher gets no money, has to revoke keys.

How the hell is this any different and how the hell is this on Valve?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Happy Birthday Treat : 27% Voucher

Not-Sure-If-Fry-Meme-Gif.gif

im on to you GMG

Arthea

Take it to the store that didn't want to pay for it. It's not on Valve.

Valve revoked games, they informed people that they didn't paid for that one, what's not the case, not only they removed games, they lied also, I totally have problem with that.
and not only that, but attitude and behavioral patterns in general.

MUnited83

For you.
Valve revoked games, they informed people that they didn't paid for that one, what's not the case, not only they removed games, they lied also, I totally have problem with that.
and not only that, but attitude and behavioral patterns in general.

Valve issues a general message. They are not about to write a detailed personal message for each different thing that happens, no.

also
Let me put it in a way you can understand:

- Scammer buys a game and sells it off to someone else. Does a chargeback. Publisher gets no money, has to revoke keys.

-Store gets game, sells it off on a price mistake. They don't want to pay the full price for the game. Publisher gets no money, has to revoke keys.

How the hell is this any different and how the hell is this on Valve?

Arthea

Valve issues a general message. They are not about to write a detailed personal message for each different thing that happens, no.

also

so you are saying buying a game from a legit store it's the same as buying from a scammer?
yeah, I'm done with this talk
if it was for you, we had no consumer rights whatsoever, every unpaid desura game would have been removed from our accounts, because that's the same as scamming, no?
Do you even understand what are you saying?

STEAM | April 2016 - Sponsored By Uplay

stump just should ban you all, for constant OT and be done with it

MUnited83

For you.
so you are saying buying a game from a legit store it's the same as buying from a scammer?
yeah, I'm done with this talk
if it was for you, we had no consumer rights whatsoever, every unpaid desura game would have been removed from our accounts, because that's the same as scamming, no?
Do you even understand what are you saying?

stump just should ban you all, for constant OT and be done with it

I don't think you understand at all what you're saying the slightest, and you haven't read my posts apparently. The "legit store" didn't want to pay. That's as good as a chargeback from a scammer, and warrants keys revoked all the same. This is 100% only on the store you bought it from and no one else.

Arthea

I don't think you understand at all what you're saying the slightest, and you haven't read my posts apparently. The "legit store" didn't want to pay. That's as good as a chargeback from a scammer, and warrants keys revoked all the same. This is 100% only on the store you bought it from and no one else.

That's not how it works, if store doesn't pay you, you sue the store, not punish customers for no reason.
I can't wrap my head around the idea that you actually believe this, that everything is customers fault.

rmdSx.gif

MUnited83

For you.
That's not how it works, if store doesn't pay you, you sue the store, not punish customers for no reason.
I can't wrap my head around the idea that you actually believe this, that everything is customers fault.

rmdSx.gif

Lol, and you continue to not read it at all. I'm saying, once again, that it's 100% on the store. Where i'm saying it's the customer's fault? Holy shit.

It's the store's fault, and you should take it up to them. This is a fact. Done. There's no discussion here.

And lol @"well just sue the store you dummy"

yeah man

that's how it works

Annubis

Why would you bring this to court and lose even more money?

Sarcasm

Do not understand what is happening to my wife's PC. She can download her files on cloud instantly and browsing internet is fast.

Yet steam says there is no internet what so ever.

MUnited83

For you.
Why would you bring this to court and lose even more money?
Dont you hear? In artheas magical land , publisher can afford to initiate legal proceedings internationally because of a single price mistake where they will lose more money in lawyers than they lost on the game, and they will cut all ties to the Store instead of solving things peacefully between both entities.

Logic!

Sorry, this isn't really the right place to post this but I'd rather deal with you than somewhere else and since it's profitable only for Steam users, I'm posting here rather than the BST thread.

Got a lot of rubbish in TF2, that sums up to a pretty hefty value.
At the moment, everything is valued at roughly $1100 in Steam market, which would give you $935 Steam wallet after fees.
Trade value is roughly $800, meaning that's what traders outside Steam market sell them for.
Even if selling quickly for low on Steam market, I'd suppose you can easily get at least $800 without breaking a sweat.
I'm looking to sell everything for... well... maybe $500 Paypal?

Compared to TF2 keys, that usually go for $1.80 - $1.85(?) at grey market, $500 would give you about $590.

Fair warning though, selling those items could be pretty damn slow.

Haven't really decided 100% to do this and I know it's a lot, but feel free to PM me if you're interested in discussing this.
Maybe I should just sell everything myself and go all JaseC at Steam store.

Sarcasm

Do not understand what is happening to my wife's PC. She can download her files on cloud instantly and browsing internet is fast.

Yet steam says there is no internet what so ever.

It can even update wtf lol!

Still can't log in, only gives offline mode.

Jawmuncher

Tekken 7 may be coming to PC Hopefully it turns out to be true.
I said this weeks ago when I took the survey myself. Find it odd that only just now its being picked up. I will say it sounded like the PC version might be behind the console release. Was just the vibe I got from the survey.

Resident Evil 6 is in a terrible price bracket.
Yeah the sale is rather weak. I guess they didn't want to undercut the price due to the upcoming console release. Only thing I can think of.

Red Hood

Banned
I'm about to buy Morrowind from GMG (€3,70 with discount code), can someone convince me not to?

Never played Morrowind before. I loved Skyrim, but the combat is awful. After that I tried Oblivion, the combat was even more awful, but on top of that it had nothing of the kind of atmosphere that appeals to me IMO, Cyrodiil was fantasy ugly and "generic" as shit, voice acting was terrible, didn't like how the camera zooms into their faces when talking to them, etc. Morrowind on the other hand looks like an amazingly atmospheric game, but damn I'm afraid of the combat which I assume is even worse than Oblivion.

I'm about to buy Morrowind from GMG (€3,70 with discount code), can someone convince me not to?

Never played Morrowind before. I loved Skyrim, but the combat is awful. After that I tried Oblivion, the combat was even more awful, but on top of that it had nothing of the kind of atmosphere that appeals to me IMO, Cyrodiil was fantasy ugly and "generic" as shit, voice acting was terrible, didn't like how the camera zooms into their faces when talking to them, etc. Morrowind on the other hand looks like an amazingly atmospheric game, but damn I'm afraid of the combat which I assume is even worse than Oblivion.

Morrowind is the best of them all.

Sarcasm

Lore & story is wayy better IMO.

Shantom

I said this weeks ago when I took the survey myself. Find it odd that only just now its being picked up. I will say it sounded like the PC version might be behind the console release. Was just the vibe I got from the survey.
The survey even mentioned the possibility of Steam Workshop support. They must be making a PC port if they're already thinking about things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom