• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So...X Box ONE players can play the English version of Dark Souls III already.

this is where the fabled, much anticipated early release of a game because it leaked happens, believe!

it wont

MadGear

I finished my playthrough of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis during yesterdays SFV downtime after not having played this for I don't know how many years. It is still as great as I remember it but this game made me understand that I'm not as patient anymore as I used to be and that I would never ever play a game like this again without a hotspot option to highlight intractable objects.
I was able to recall a lot about this game but still got lost a couple of times because I failed to notice certain objects I was supposed to interact with and running around, tracing "every pixel" on the screen with the cursor to find something to interact with was so annoying to me that I just ended up looking up a walkthrough whenever I was sure that I was missing something. I just don't know how I was able to play these games back then.

So...X Box ONE players can play the English version of Dark Souls III already.
As a pc gamer, I thought you'd be used to a dark souls game coming late to the platform

I finished my playthrough of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis during yesterdays SFV downtime after not having played this for I don't know how many years. It is still as great as I remember it but this game made me understand that I'm not as patient anymore as I used to be and that I would never ever play a game like this again without a hotspot option to highlight intractable objects.
I was able to recall a lot about this game but still got lost a couple of times because I failed to notice certain objects I was supposed to interact with and running around, tracing "every pixel" on the screen with the cursor to find something to interact with was so annoying to me that I just ended up looking up a walkthrough whenever I was sure that I was missing something. I just don't know how I was able to play these games back then.

My recently playthrough of grim fandango taught me that UHS is a thing that should be at the ready all the time for older adventure games

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
thank you for the bday gift, really aprecia----wait

aJ2jZgr.png

is that a dick? o_O

I think you should see a doctor about that.

Bought Dark Souls 3 via the JP xbox store which lets you play in English apparently. Back to the depths of terrible performance ;-;

Edit: Nevermind, amazon jp account got locked out. Lol

That's totally possible for every game..... as long as visual fidelity gets dialed back heavily. And that is the thing which should make people suspicious. Because that's not gonna happen. Traditionally on consoles it's not been "everything on max resolution and 60fps!" but rather in many cases "let's see how good we can make it look with a somewhat stable 30fps". 60fps with maximal resolution has not been the baseline for console games.

So sacrifice everything else for the sake of a resolution bump? Who in their right mind would think that makes sense lol?

That's totally possible for every game..... as long as visual fidelity gets dialed back heavily. And that is the thing which should make people suspicious. Because that's not gonna happen. Traditionally on consoles it's not been "everything on max resolution and 60fps!" but rather in many cases "let's see how good we can make it look with a somewhat stable 30fps". 60fps with maximal resolution has not been the baseline for console games.

I think this recent trend of 30 fps campaign and 60 fps multiplayer is the best of both worlds and that more games should do this. Halo 5 would've really benefited from this given that the campaign looks like a slightly better Halo 4 but with weird 30 fps animations because of how taxing 1080 60 was for the game.

no online apparently, not even worth the hassle.

Depends on how much you like online in the souls games.

Being someone who only really uses it if there is a PvP style covenant where the rewards are good and it's easy to get them... I don't think I'd really miss much if online wasn't working.

---

Also, happy birthday rhaknar-senpai!

Jawmuncher

It depends. Does the game have a better offline component than bloodborne? BB was bad about offline, there's a extreme lack of making it feel like a fake online which DS2 did quite well in offline.

Never checked the new covenant for BB that came in a patch and added help though.

At this point I wonder if at that release date event they drop that a PC version is coming.
Or lie to everyone like they did with type 0

Well, their choice. Either have a day and date release or at least close to release announcement, and enjoy the fair amount of sales for AAA releases (200~500k) on Steam at full price. Or they try the stupid double dippers strategy at 20-30 bucks and lower sales (75~150k)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Happy birthday Rhaknar!

Buy Way of the Samurai 3 as a happy birthday gift to yourself :)

would sooner spend $15 on stardew valley than $20 on Way of the samurai :(

and would sooner spend $12 on Slain than either of them, which i am doing lol.

Also ty kurt russel I loved you in Tango & Cash

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A bunch of the ModBot moderation side stuff broke in the https transition, so it'll probably be tomorrow before I fix giveaways. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Hektor

Well, their choice. Either have a day and date release or at least close to release announcement, and enjoy the fair amount of sales for AAA releases (200~500k) on Steam at full price. Or they try the stupid double dippers strategy at 20-30 bucks and lower sales (75~150k)

Next week is the releasedate announcement, right? I figure, when we get a day'n'date release they'll announce it on that event, otherwise it'll come ~6 months later, that's my bet.

Kaleinc

Banned
After transition to ssl I have those high cpu usage occurrences when loading pages. Pls gimme good old http back. At work = pentium 4 it's 100% load btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom