• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
I'm playing Volume right now, some notes:

-the narration is crap. The game uses the same system of Thomas was Alone, so when you hit a checkpoint of a fixed spot, a new record will start. Fact is, if you die the record will play again. And you can't really bring too much attention when you playing, even because if you are not even good, but only ok, you will probably reach the next checkpoint before the current record ends, so you will miss a piece of it. As result, exactly like TWA, I'm just playing the game and I don't know what is going on with the plot.
-the game is basically Metal Gear Solid VR mission: the game. Only there are also puzzle elements on it, nothing too bad, of course, but it's basically a stealth-puzzle game...kinda. Levels are short and it's a very fast to play game, in a couple of hours I did half of it. It can be boring if you play it too much, but with small segments it's ok. I suggest also to set a framerate cap of 60 in the game menu, otherwise your GPU will become ver hot (I had 65 degrees yesterday with uncapped framerate, while with 60 fps I'm having maximum 40 degrees).

A bunch of the ModBot moderation side stuff broke in the https transition, so it'll probably be tomorrow before I fix giveaways. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
Gee, not like we are entitled to your free work. No need to excuse ( ^_^)/
But I'm still looking forward to ModBot sending me Sleeping Dogs, ha.
I thought you would be interested to know that Japanese action game, Way of the Samurai 3, is out now

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427510

I hope you all enjoy it :)
Very nice. You're doing good work bringing those goodies to PC :)

For reals though what does WotS3 offer that makes it stand out on its own compared to WotS4?

A ton more endings, and a more "serious" tone, the map also feels more "alive" in my opinion (though that's just that, an opinion)

The combat can feel like a step back, because styles are tied to weapons now, but with all things considered, I think it's the best Way of the Samurai game.

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/comparing-way-of-the-samurai-3-to-way-of-the-samurai-4

Posted a couple days ago. Honestly, it does some big things different/better apparently.

This. I forgot about Ghostlight's awesome blog post. Thanks Veggie!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
but that's not what happened, that's my point

...but it's what was supposed to happen, or so has been said. My point is that it's a little early to be claiming that there was ill intent as reinstating the keys is likely a far more manual process than revoking them.

Terra_Ex

For reals though what does WotS3 offer that makes it stand out on its own compared to WotS4?
Main differences in my view as a long time fan:

-Less wacky than 4, more serious story and tone. (3 is closer to 1, while 4 is closer to 2 in this regard)
-Heat mechanic for sword durability is MUCH more interesting and skill-based than WotS4's straight durability meter. BUT combat isn't quite on 4's level of depth (and 4 arguably doesn't quite match WotS1's combat). It's still fun though.
-More freedom to kill whoever you want at any time than WotS4 iirc, increasing the chance to cut off story branches and/or discover new ones.
-Less character customisation.
-WotS3 has the partner system so you can get an NPC to fight/live with you.
-Larger number of endings

Really, they're all sufficiently different and unique to deserve a playthrough, well several playthroughs actually.

Most of your friends agree on scaling back assets and effects for 4k? What?
sadly yes. If they'd have to pick between 1080p running at like 20fps vs lets say 720p running at 120fps they'd go with the 1080p anyday of the week and then begin to brag about how the xbox can't handle 1080p... I don't think much of it, afterall, we're all flawed :p
makai-senki-disgaea111.gif~c200

<3

Well, think of it this way - the sooner Nintendo goes out of the console business and starts being a third party, like Sega, the sooner we get Mario games on Steam.

I wouldnt want that, because the games Nintendo is putting out are still far better than the first party ones from Sony/MS imo.

gelf

If Nintendo came to PC I can just see it being in the most backwards way imaginable rather then just putting the games on Steam.

Tizoc

I'm not sure what you're talking about - if Sega didn't went third party, we would never have Valkyria Chronicles on Steam.

Among other things.
Seriously SEGA just needs to slowly roll out its PS360 and prePS360 era games on Steam and blamo profits through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom