• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to derail the thread into console framerate bullshit, especially when im actually really enjoying the game, but what the FUCK is up with Until Dawn's framerate o_O

Im not talking "console peasent 30 fps lol" shit here, im no expert but I would say that game goes into the 15 fps range at times, its super jarring. I assume thats a known issue with the game?

Game is super neat tho, pulls off the "teen slasher horror movie" emulation perfectly, and has a big "one more chapter, one more chapter" quality to it since it constantly jumps you from character to character. Really enjoying it so far.

oh and I actually had no problem with Bloodborne's framerate /shrug

I felt like they honestly didn't care due to the type of game. Not excusing it, but that's what I thought when playing. Still gotta beat it actually.

But now I'm stuck on division and I just picked up rainbow six. How the time goes when so many games are available.

not to derail the thread into console framerate bullshit, especially when im actually really enjoying the game, but what the FUCK is up with Until Dawn's framerate o_O

Im not talking "console peasent 30 fps lol" shit here, im no expert but I would say that game goes into the 15 fps range at times, its super jarring. I assume thats a known issue with the game?

Game is super neat tho, pulls off the "teen slasher horror movie" emulation perfectly, and has a big "one more chapter, one more chapter" quality to it since it constantly jumps you from character to character. Really enjoying it so far.

oh and I actually had no problem with Bloodborne's framerate /shrug

yea Until Dawn's framerate is actually really bad. its a fun game though, I hope we get a sequel.
Is the steam controller editor still locked to BPM and Steam Beta? I don't see a option to mess around with it in desktop mode.

ooh you finally got the steam controller!

Sbe1Ppu.png
Well, considering the two I got have already been redeemed for Steam codes I wonder if AMD will go so far as to have them revoked.

-Edit-

And obviously I need to check the thread closer because I am way late.
Crap. Far Cry Primal, too.

343389a9de.png
The dream is dead. It was too good to be true.
Pack it up folks. Only a matter of time for The Division.
tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_250.gif

If you aren't playing them in the year they were released (and finishing them), you're doing it wrong.
Nothing wrong with being late ( -_-)/
It needs a new name, or requires the umlaut because I always think of this.
Umlaut. Wait what. You're German, too?

The dream is dead. It was too good to be true.
Pack it up folks. Only a matter of time for The Division.
tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_250.gif

Nothing wrong with being late ( -_-)/

Umlaut. Wait what. You're German, too?
My ancestors were so I am fractionally. But the doner kebab has an Umlaut on the o. Without it I think the Donner Party, and thus a pizza covered with human meat.

Of course I'm on mobile and can't Umlaut.

I'd be redeeming you AMD and Nvidia codes as fast as possible. I can't imagine the card manufacturers would then invalidate already used Uplay and Steam Codes.

Red Hood

Banned
For people who've already redeemed the codes, do you still have access to the games? And what if you've only redeemed the Nvidia code, but not the uPlay one? Because that's my situation now, lol

For people who've already redeemed the codes, do you still have access to the games? And what if you've only redeemed the Nvidia code, but not the uPlay one? Because that's my situation now, lol

Sell it to me for 5 bucks and you'll find out.
Uplay codes should still be safe I think.

Nzyme32

Just watched the Jim Stirling Dark Souls 3 PC footage. I'm pretty impressed with it. I managed to block all DS3 info and just decided to check it now. Looks great. A return to DS1 type locales

Lomax

Just went to redeem another of the Division codes I got and now the Nvidea page is making me log in using uPlay, which it didn't do before (it just gave me a key via email which I activated for the first one), so it's looking like they are already taking some action. I also got the email that my Primal order is going to be refunded. We'll see if the games themselves disappear or not, currently both still show up on my uPlay account as available.

Anno

Tom Francis is one of the better follows on Twitter for fun little insights and quips about strange decisions when creating games. Like this one. This would bother me to no end.

Tom Francis @Pentadact said:
"How do we show which stairs go up or down?" "By the position of the left or right arrow" "Couldn't we-" "Get out."

SvxEo3C.jpg

Nobody cares for Slain

I'm super pumped for Slain! tomorrow. I have Friday off, will probably binge the game. It looks so good. Then Hyper Light Drifter just a week later? We're spoiled.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nobody cares for Slain

Bunch of uplay fanboys ;_;

BorntoPlay

Why everyone keeps asking the same thing?, If you redeemed your code on Steam/Uplay, you will be fine... if not then your code will not be valid for use it anymore...

FTL's soundtrack is dope, fam. It is my jam.
Tom Francis is one of the better follows on Twitter for fun little insights and quips about strange decisions when creating games. Like this one. This would bother me to no end.

SvxEo3C.jpg

Lmao, wow.

That's such a tragic design oversight.

Edit: If I had a twitter account, Tom Francis would be the second one I follow, after SavedYouAClick.

Also Gunpoint is a great game. Waaay better than I ever anticipated.

Lomax

Why Everyone keeps asking the same thing?, If you redeemed your code on Steam/Uplay, you will be fine... if not then your code will not be valid for use it anymore...

Many different price mistakes have happened, and the end result of different ones have been different. The presumption that you know what will or won't happen based on past experience is foolish. We don't know what will happen until it does. You can say that in the past that has been true, but things change. In the past, plenty of the time people's orders didn't get revoked either.

Lain

Nobody cares for Slain

Bunch of uplay fanboys ;_;

I'm interested in Slain, but it's an indie, so Valve suggested price conversions, so 1:1, so probably I won't get it day 1.

Wolcen EA keys have been sent out to backers, game is releasing today/tomorrow (based on where you live, the 24th) on Steam as EA.

Explore the world of WOLCEN tomorrow !

We are excited to launch WOLCEN: Lords of Mayhem on March 24th
Thank you again for supporting our project !
Please retrieve your Steam key displayed above.
•Here the list of features available for the alpha v0.1
•A part of the open world to discover
•Random generated dungeons for maximum replayability
•The beginning of the story
•Already a lot of loot ! Weapons, armor, potions and spells to discover.
•And much more !

This is an early access, therefore the audio design is still a work in progress and some animations and 3D models are placeholders.

Only the beginning of the storyline is playable in order to test the features and get feedback from the players. We are planning to update the game regularly at least twice every month.

Help us improve the game by reporting any bugs, glitches or ideas at www.wolcengame.com

BorntoPlay

Many different price mistakes have happened, and the end result of different ones have been different. The presumption that you know what will or won't happen based on past experience is foolish. We don't know what will happen until it does. You can say that in the past that has been true, but things change. In the past, plenty of the time people's orders didn't get revoked either.

More reason to not keep asking something currently unknown .. Just reedem your code a pray for the old gods and the new...XD

Lomax

Does Uplay even have a system to remove keys in this scenario?

Didn't they revoke a bunch of keys from G2A for something and then change their mind and give them back? Or was that someone else? Can't remember.

Enter The Gungeon > Slain

Edit: Oh boy BST is brutal. I'm getting ignored like a dirty street hooker left and right.

Sent you a PM.

More reason to not keep asking something currently unknown .. Just reedem your code a pray for the old gods and the new...XD

Fair enough, but it's also some people's first experience with these price mistakes, so that brings questions and panic. Tis the way of things.

bigzgod

Does Uplay even have a system to remove keys in this scenario?

Yes, they do. A ton of Far Cry 4 keys were revoked from Uplay after people used stolen credit cards to buy them from Origin then sold them on sites like G2A.

Eventually, Ubi restored those keys however after backlash.

AHA-Lambda

Uplay can definitely revoke keys, there was that issue where they were revoking keys bought on G2A a year or two back. They later restored the revoked games, but they can do it.

But those were allegedly stolen keys, I doubt they'd do something like that with this =/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yea Until Dawn's framerate is actually really bad. its a fun game though, I hope we get a sequel.

Yeah I really liked the 2 chapters I played, no deaths yet tho...

...I mean shut up Prinny, damn it!

data

SvxEo3C.jpg

This is pretty easy, one points to a side where you can only go UP the stairs, the other points to a way you can only go DOWN. Don't see what's wrong with it?

Anno

...make the arrows go up and down maybe?

Up and down would indeed make more sense!

Another small one. I imagine this is more of a problem with the camera and perspective, but still. Can you control the camera independently in Hitman? If not then this seems a bit odd even if I'd probably never notice it while playing.

Also this chandelier seems a weird deco choice, even for a fashion designer. (It's still attached to the ceiling.)
45Lerk4.jpg

This is pretty easy, one points to a side where you can only go UP the stairs, the other points to a way you can only go DOWN. Don't see what's wrong with it?

Well yeah, people can get used to anything. It still makes more sense for them just to be up and down. Also, if this...

The 'left arrow below the stairs' ones are down, which I guessed, but if you did walk left into these stairs you'd go up, and vice versa.

...is true, it'd be even more irritating and nonsensical.

Lomax

Massive thanks to Lomax for hooking me up with The Division! Redeemed and downloading.
I hope it doesn't get revoked

If anyone else wants to take a gamble on one, I have a couple more codes, send me a PM and I can send you an NVidea key and if it works out you can send me a cheap game (or Paypal) later on. I'll only do this for people I know from the thread though, so if you're a random lurker don't bother.

Up and down would indeed make more sense!

Another small one. I imagine this is more of a problem with the camera and perspective, but still. Can you control the camera independently in Hitman? If not then this seems a bit odd even if I'd probably never notice it while player.

45Lerk4.jpg

47's gonnna murder that chandelier with an axe, Hitman style.

Though really... is it actually above him or in front of him? I honestly can't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom