• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again the frame-rate on consoles is terrible.
I'm playing Bloodborne and the frame-pacing is almost unbearable.
Get your shit together From.
Thank god dark souls can be played on PC.
They don't get nearly enough shit for this.
There's only so much you can get away with no matter how much you excel in other areas.
Besides, franchise fatigue is definitely setting in for me, give it a rest From, do something else.

AHA-Lambda

There's only so much you can get away with no matter how much you excel in other areas.
Besides, franchise fatigue is definitely setting in for me, give it a rest From, do something else.

Tell that to Bethesda >_>

I wish Nintendo added native Windows support to all their goofy ass controllers.

I need an updated WiiUPro with analog triggers and a way to disable the battery light. Then it would be the perfect controller.

no more chromatic aberration in dying light wooooahhhh

I actually got used to it. Still glad it is gone.

Red Hood

Banned
Still haven't redeemed my Division code, and I'm not sure if I'm going to either. Well, at least not in an ideal scenario. What are the odds I can trade it for GTA V, Fallout 4 or Rocket League? Because I'd much rather play those than The Division to be frank.

Endruen

Still haven't redeemed my Division code, and I'm not sure if I'm going to either. Well, at least not in an ideal scenario. What are the odds I can trade it for GTA V, Fallout 4 or Rocket League? Because I'd much rather play those than The Division to be frank.

I think you won't have any problem doing that.

Did you at least redeem it on Nvidia?

I remember one time some Newegg codes that havent been redeemed on Nvidia needed a confirmation that you bought a GPU.

AHA-Lambda

I remember one time some Newegg codes that havent been redeemed on Nvidia needed a confirmation that you bought a GPU.

If he redeems it on NVIDIA's site it'll get linked to the UPlay account provided automatically.

Least that's how it worked for me with the code I got from BST

Dr.Acula

Banned
If he redeems it on NVIDIA's site it'll get linked to the UPlay account provided automatically.

Least that's how it worked for me with the code I got from BST

I don't have any nvidia account, so I just submitted it there and got an Ubi key. I had to activate it within uPlay. Did you link your nvidia and uplay accts?

Mivey

Trying playing it while being heavily drunk. Your reduced reaction time might cancel the low framerate out.

bloodborne framerate isn't THAT bad.

Parsnip

Finished game #10, Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight.
It was pretty excellent. Maybe a touch too many instant death spikes. Any instant death spikes are too many to be honest.
Didn't get the insane achievement though, too tough for me.

AHA-Lambda

I don't have any nvidia account, so I just submitted it there and got an Ubi key. I had to activate it within uPlay. Did you link your nvidia and uplay accts?

Weird, no I've not got an Nvidia account or anything like that.

The key I got from the BST thread asked me to sign into my UPlay account after submitting the key and then it redeemed the game automatically.

That would imply that Bethesda excels at something.

Well other then releasing terrible games. They are all-stars at that.

Fair point :p

Red Hood

Banned
I think you won't have any problem doing that.
Would you suggest offering it at the BTS thread? I wanted to make a thread on the trading side of their respective Steam communities, but most of the sticky threads there specifically state "no key trades", and I don't want to risk a ban there.

Yes, I've already redeemed it on the Nvidia site and gotten a Uplay code, which of course is unused.

I was kind of hoping Nintendo would stop taking these hardware gambles after the Wii U was such an unmitigated disaster. They can't just keep making weird hardware in a vacuum.

to be fair, we always knew that the nx would be a hardware gamble since we've known since day one that it wasn't a traditional console so no one should be surprised by the controller and anyone expecting something traditional was setting themselves up for disappointment.

I was kind of hoping Nintendo would stop taking these hardware gambles after the Wii U was such an unmitigated disaster. They can't just keep making weird hardware in a vacuum.
Can't they?! Certainly they'll be underpowered shortly after release if not before, so hardcores that only play games on a dualshock won't buy there for multiplats if they come to the system at all.

Would you suggest offering it at the BTS thread? I wanted to make a thread on the trading side of their respective Steam communities, but most of the sticky threads there specifically state "no key trades", and I don't want to risk a ban there.

Yes, I've already redeemed it on the Nvidia site and gotten a Uplay code, which of course is unused.

Be a good samaritan and sell it to me for $5 so you can fund that Rocket League.

louiedog

6dbb0e6600.png

Not sure if this means the Ashes of the Singularity Steam keys are getting revoked or not. Hopefully you already claimed them though.

Jawmuncher

It's funny how the nvidia stuff no one cares about it over there. AMD however needs to lock things down.

So I guess the general rule is AMD price glitch - REDEEM ASAP, Nvidia price glitch - eh you can take your time.

Sarcasm

It's funny how the nvidia stuff no one cares about it over there. AMD however needs to lock things down.

So I guess the general rule is AMD price glitch - REDEEM ASAP, Nvidia price glitch - eh you can take your time until it expires

Nvidia ones have expiration dates, like the current division one - lasts til 21/5.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not to derail the thread into console framerate bullshit, especially when im actually really enjoying the game, but what the FUCK is up with Until Dawn's framerate o_O

Im not talking "console peasent 30 fps lol" shit here, im no expert but I would say that game goes into the 15 fps range at times, its super jarring. I assume thats a known issue with the game?

Game is super neat tho, pulls off the "teen slasher horror movie" emulation perfectly, and has a big "one more chapter, one more chapter" quality to it since it constantly jumps you from character to character. Really enjoying it so far.

oh and I actually had no problem with Bloodborne's framerate /shrug

pahamrick

Well, considering the two I got have already been redeemed for Steam codes I wonder if AMD will go so far as to have them revoked.

-Edit-

And obviously I need to check the thread closer because I am way late.

madjoki

So I guess the general rule is AMD price glitch - REDEEM ASAP, Nvidia price glitch - eh you can take your time.

Didn't Nvidia revoke Tomb Raider codes that weren't redeemed?

Primal is Asus promo, who knows what happens with those.

Please, let us keep already redeemed codes :)

Jawmuncher

not to derail the thread into console framerate bullshit, especially when im actually really enjoying the game, but what the FUCK is up with Until Dawn's framerate o_O

Im not talking "console peasent 30 fps lol" shit here, im no expert but I would say that game goes into the 15 fps range at times, its super jarring. I assume thats a known issue with the game?

Game is super neat tho, pulls off the "teen slasher horror movie" emulation perfectly, and has a big "one more chapter, one more chapter" quality to it since it constantly jumps you from character to character. Really enjoying it so far.

oh and I actually had no problem with Bloodborne's framerate /shrug

Legit never noticed and I beat it about 3 times.

Can't they?! Certainly they'll be underpowered shortly after release if not before, so hardcores that only play games on a dualshock won't buy there for multiplats if they come to the system at all.

Nintendo can do what they want, it's their company, their money but they can't keep making hardware in a vacuum, just throwing it out into the wild and expecting a different result from the last three consoles.

You can take this quote from Pete Hines from 2013 and probably be able to apply it to the NX in a year or two after it is out.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/3/468...third-parties-to-support-wii-u-long-past-says

Pete Hines said:
"The time for convincing publishers and developers to support Wii U has long passed," Hines said. "The box is out.

"You have to do what Sony and Microsoft has been doing with us for a long time," he added. "And it's not that every time we met with them we got all the answers we wanted, but they involved us very early on and talked to folks like Bethesda and Gearbox [sic] and saying, 'here's what we're doing, here's what we're planning, here's how we think it's going to work.' To hear what we thought, from our tech guys and from an experience standpoint, what we thought.

"You have to spend an unbelievable amount of time up front doing that. If you're going to just decide, 'we're going to make a box, and this is how it's going to work and you should make games for it,' well, no. No is my answer."

bigzgod

Didn't Nvidia revoke Tomb Raider codes that weren't redeemed?

Primal is Asus promo, who knows what happens with those.

Please, let us keep already redeemed codes :)

Nvidia never revoked the steam key that was activated vis OAuth, they did invalidate the Nvidia codes though.

Man, AMD scrimping and saving every last bit of game keys in order to compete with Nvidia.

Unrelated, don't know if this was posted yet but there's a game from the creator of I Wanna Be The Guy that was put up on Greenlight. It's got my vote.

It's okay guys. I won't be mad if you sell me The Division for 5 bucks and it gets revoked.
This is the only course of action. You know it to be to true. I am the only sane person on planet Earth to accept a game likely to get revoked.

Just got company of heroes from the humble bundle deal, what's the difference between the regular CoH and CoH (new Steam Version)? It gave me both.

Steam version bundles all the original games into one package and also uses steamworks for multiplayer. I think multi might be dead for the original version as the servers they used were shut down after THQ died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom